News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
didnt Chabot and Zboril play together in Junior on the same pairing? That was my understanding and if so it’s baffling that so many had him ranked higher

They were. Chabot was viewed as more of a one dimensional talent that was great offensively but really struggled at the other end of the ice. Zboril was seen as more of a two way player with some untapped offensive talent and a nasty streak. Typically organization value the two-way guys over the offensive guys. Hindsight however, is always 20:20. I had no issue with the Zboril pick...... The other two however.........

A redraft of 2015 after the first two picks (and arguably after pick number 1) likely looks very different. Look at where Aho was taken for example compared to guys like Zacha, Crouse, Strome, Gurianov. Plenty of teams apparently missed out on the unmissable. The Bruins just did it in extreme fashion.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I think it was Hanifin they wanted, local kid that went to local college probably had eyes on him for a while. Another poster mentioned Werenski so who knows. Either would have been better than what they got obviously.

Ya they thought they had a deal for 2 of the picks to Carolina for Hanifin and Carolina thought it was all three so the deal fell through. Then they did what they did.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
didnt Chabot and Zboril play together in Junior on the same pairing? That was my understanding and if so it’s baffling that so many had him ranked higher

Stats for the Sea Dogs were pretty similar for the 2014-15 season. After firing Chiarelli and his scouting staff Boston had one scout for the CHL. Leaving one scout for the Q, OHL and the WHL was extremely dumb.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They were. Chabot was viewed as more of a one dimensional talent that was great offensively but really struggled at the other end of the ice. Zboril was seen as more of a two way player with some untapped offensive talent and a nasty streak. Typically organization value the two-way guys over the offensive guys. Hindsight however, is always 20:20. I had no issue with the Zboril pick...... The other two however.........

A redraft of 2015 after the first two picks (and arguably after pick number 1) likely looks very different. Look at where Aho was taken for example compared to guys like Zacha, Crouse, Strome, Gurianov. Plenty of teams apparently missed out on the unmissable. The Bruins just did it in extreme fashion.
Yep was benched for it as well,but as we can see now he really did work on that part of his game..He isnt going to be confused with a top end defensive guy...But he is actually capable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad