Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I can't really make out much about what they say about Borowiecki but it doesn't sound like smack talk. Apparently something happened that prompted Duchene to throw his "twiggy" but he follows up with "And I wasn't even mad at Boro," so it doesn't sound like they're smack talking him necessarily.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I can't really make out much about what they say about Borowiecki but it doesn't sound like smack talk. Apparently something happened that prompted Duchene to throw his "twiggy" but he follows up with "And I wasn't even mad at Boro," so it doesn't sound like they're smack talking him necessarily.

They were mocking his voice and the way he talks.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Ignoring the driver and him leaking it, the biggest takeaway is leaders ripping the coaching staff in front of young guys. That is literally how a team gets ruined from the top down. A bunch of vets doing it together, whatever. But tainting the organization in front of a bunch of young guys working hard to stay in the league is the opposite of leadership.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've tipped on every Uber I've ever been on... you don't have to, but you can. In the new thread it seems that played a part.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I've tipped on every Uber I've ever been on... you don't have to, but you can. In the new thread it seems that played a part.
Actually that was their old system and have since changed it. It used to be that there was no tipping and that was kinda a part of there business model. Meaning paying for a cab and having to tip too. When they 1st started

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I had a 5 star rating for the past 2 years until one day I shut the door too hard and the guy lost his **** and now I'm working my way up from a 4.7

True story.
:laugh: If that's the worst thing I have to deal with in a night, I'm having a really great night.

And people ignoring me and talking like I'm not there is just part of being a driver. You wouldn't believe the shit I hear (never had drunk pro athletes, but still). Like I said, pretty much nothing they did to the driver was worthy of getting their dirty laundry spread all over the internet. Shit like that happens every single night over and over again and I don't sell people out. It's why I have a 4.95 rating I guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
:laugh: If that's the worst thing I have to deal with in a night, I'm having a really great night.

And people ignoring me and talking like I'm not there is just part of being a driver. You wouldn't believe the **** I hear (never had drunk pro athletes, but still). Like I said, pretty much nothing they did to the driver was worthy of getting their dirty laundry spread all over the internet. **** like that happens every single night over and over again and I don't sell people out. It's why I have a 4.95 rating I guess.

If I was an Uber driver I’d much rather have my riders basically ignore me and talk amongst themselves than some of the horror stories I’ve heard.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

And people ignoring me and talking like I'm not there is just part of being a driver. You wouldn't believe the **** I hear (never had drunk pro athletes, but still). Like I said, pretty much nothing they did to the driver was worthy of getting their dirty laundry spread all over the internet. **** like that happens every single night over and over again and I don't sell people out. It's why I have a 4.95 rating I guess.

He was the only a**hole driver that I've had out of all the rides I've taken, just lost it and when I tried to turn it around a bit and start a conversation he went back to complaining about the door. It's a door dude, it opens and closes. I've only ever had 1 woman driver too, which isn't really surprising.

Uber seems like it'd be a cool side gig to be honest. Entertaining. Check out the YT channel Ryan is Driving, it's just this driver and all the crazy conversations he's had.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He was the only a**hole driver that I've had out of all the rides I've taken, just lost it and when I tried to turn it around a bit and start a conversation he went back to complaining about the door. It's a door dude, it opens and closes.

Uber seems like it'd be a cool side gig to be honest. Entertaining. Check out the YT channel Ryan is Driving, it's just this driver and all the crazy conversations he's had.
I've heard of that guy, don't really approve of what he does posting that stuff on the internet. If I wanted to, I could tell the whole campus which frat boy has a tiny dick based on the convos in my back seat, but that's just mean and uncalled for.

Not that I record in my car. I probably should, but I can't afford a dash cam. It would be a wise investment to protect myself from lunatics though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I've heard of that guy, don't really approve of what he does posting that stuff on the internet. If I wanted to, I could tell the whole campus which frat boy has a tiny dick based on the convos in my back seat, but that's just mean and uncalled for.

Not that I record in my car. I probably should, but I can't afford a dash cam. It would be a wise investment to protect myself from lunatics though.

I don’t think that’d be an issue assuming he has consent from his passengers.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

As far as I know he asks them if they're okay with him using the footage. And bleeps out anything they don't want to be posted online. I've only watched a few videos but it's entertaining.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Wasn't around yesterday to see this, but good lord Christmas done come early for Avs fans.

On a serious note, I expect better from Duchene but it's probably not as bad in the locker room as this whole clip makes it seem.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Not a good look for the team or players. But Duchene and the others are mocking the coaches voice after the bit about Boro lacing Duchene, not Boro himself. It may seem like it could be either, but what they are saying in the mocking voice are a coaches lines, not a players. As for mocking coaches in front of rookies, I do not see it as a purely bad thing given that the coaches are truly that bad. Part of what those kids need to learn is how to identify good coaches at this level, and crap like this is part of what teaches them...may not be ideal, but it happens. And we all know players tune coaches out after a while, and poor coaches lose the room fast....NHL players know a bad coach when they practice with one.

That said, they need to be more careful of what they say in public...and a cab/Uber is public. There is no expectation of privacy in a public use vehicle. They need to take resposibility for that part at the bare minimum. They should probably also do a lot of apologizing/face-saving/kissing ass with the rest of the team and staff.

The coach needs to take what was said to heart and adjust his style. If players are nto paying attention, then he needs to actually coach, not just call play-by-play on the video. Make adjustments to the systems that are clearly not working. And so on. Use this as a early season performance review, and get better from it. And also understand that crap gets said any time a team is doing poorly, and that maybe it seems worse than it really is (players opinions of him...the BSing spiral can easily get past true feelings).

Reactions: Thepoolmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad