#Senswatch Part III: A Night at the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What the driver did was greasy, no doubt. And everyone vents about their bosses. But the biggest take away for me is

1) trash talking a teammate
2) the rookies saying very little and the so called 'leaders' are the ones doing the talking.

I give the rookies way more leeway, they're not really trashing, just kind of there. But Duchene/Wideman? Grow up.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We simply don't know how they treated the driver either... maybe the stiffed him on a tip?

I mean idk how long the ride was, but based on the video they treated him fine. Just talking amongst themselves on the ride over and said thanks when they got out. But yeah even if they didn’t tip, still a pretty slimy move imo. Yes the players should be aware of what they’re talking about in public, but releasing a private conversation no matter the context is still a shitty thing to do.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I still don't think they were trash talking Boro. Duchene said that he blocked his shot and that he wasn't even mad at Boro, then I think they just went back to mocking the assistant coach.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean idk how long the ride was, but based on the video they treated him fine. Just talking amongst themselves on the ride over and said thanks when they got out. But yeah even if they didn’t tip, still a pretty slimy move imo. Yes the players should be aware of what they’re talking about in public, but releasing a private conversation no matter the context is still a ****ty thing to do.

Yeah I'm not saying it was a good thing to do by any stretch, but benefit of doubt should go both ways there. Without more context we don't really know. Nobody really looks good in the end here, but high horsing the Uber driver without knowing more seems bad to me too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Duchene shouldn't talk trash about the coaching staff next to a rookie like Chabot. That's certainly not how you lead by example and it's easy to corrupt the young guys and to turn them against management.

The more we learn, the more I realize that Duchene was more than likely part of the locker room problems in Colorado, and not just as a distraction.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Did Duchene, who wears an A on his jersey as one of the leaders, really not address the media today?

The Sens must be very thankful for the Hawks today. There would've been only one thing for the media to talk about if they didn't drop the Q news early in the morning.

Reactions: Foppberg

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I’m always amazed how Duchene still has people who back him up over and over again. He’s like Tebow ( with more talent ). He should have never gotten a pass for that 30 goal celebration. I’m so glad I don’t have to see the monkey off the back meme anymore either. It has been episode after episode since he drank too much vodka at the All Star game. After all of these years I expected him to grow up a little bit, but this shows he hasn’t in my view. Somehow he continues to play the victim, now it’s the Uber drivers’ fault in fans’ eyes.......lol.
Good riddance.

Wait...what?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Wideman is riding shotgun. As I said, haven't heard good things about him and this further drives in the point of him not being the greatest of role models. Kind of concerning Chabot and Formenton are in this group, hopefully just by chance, but Chabot did say some odd things.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
What the driver did was greasy, no doubt. And everyone vents about their bosses. But the biggest take away for me is

1) trash talking a teammate
2) the rookies saying very little and the so called 'leaders' are the ones doing the talking.
There was no such thing in the video

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wideman is riding shotgun. As I said, haven't heard good things about him and this further drives in the point of him not being the greatest of role models. Kind of concerning Chabot and Formenton are in this group, hopefully just by chance, but Chabot did say some odd things.

The way Chabot was talking was almost like the kid that wants to be in the popular group but isn’t. Just saying things to fit in and be cool.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I thought he was in the middle with the hat on backwards. Have to re watch
I did a thing
Uber.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad