#Senswatch 8: Dawn of the Planet of the Gibbons

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
6-2 Sens. Two wins in a row against playoff teams.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Even if the Sens were to finish 29th we should be damn excited about the pick. Nobody predicted that the Sens would have an epic nosedive after the Duchene trade.

Expectations adjust and change in life, but I think this is an important point to remember. Initially, I think the expectation was that this pick would be a mid to late first round selection.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Even if the Sens were to finish 29th we should be damn excited about the pick. Nobody predicted that the Sens would have an epic nosedive after the Duchene trade.

I posted this in the draft thread but I'll post it here to. We get caught up in Ottawa dive bombing but adding the #5 pick and a guy like Turcotte or Pod to the Duchene return is completely ridiculous. Crazy that that is looking like the worst case scenario right now.

I think we're starting to see the difference between a team who knows they're getting a top player at the end of the season and a team who knows they're not. LA is completely phoning it in while Crawford has Ottawa working their asses off. Strangely, from what I've seen Detroit is also playing very hard in their games. At least they have some pride up there in Detroit.

I can still fully see the Sens finishing dead last, but these last two games (STL and TOR) were supposed to be scheduled losses. I think they're in a two-horse race to the finish with LA. Ottawa is about to go on the road, VAN-CGY-EDM, hopefully we got some more of the shitty road Sens we've seen all year.

upload_2019-3-17_8-33-33.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I posted this in the draft thread but I'll post it here to. We get caught up in Ottawa dive bombing but adding the #5 pick and a guy like Turcotte or Pod to the Duchene return is completely ridiculous. Crazy that that is looking like the worst case scenario right now.

I think we're starting to see the difference between a team who knows they're getting a top player at the end of the season and a team who knows they're not. LA is completely phoning it in while Crawford has Ottawa working their asses off. Strangely, from what I've seen Detroit is also playing very hard in their games. At least they have some pride up there in Detroit.

I can still fully see the Sens finishing dead last, but these last two games (STL and TOR) were supposed to be scheduled losses. I think they're in a two-horse race to the finish with LA. Ottawa is about to go on the road, VAN-CGY-EDM, hopefully we got some more of the ****ty road Sens we've seen all year.

View attachment 200995
St Louis and Toronto should be absolutely embarrassed with themselves. The sens roster is garbage, but they out worked Toronto for the entire game. Toronto is going to be swept by Boston if they walk into the playoffs with that effort.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think the Kings will finish last. The Sens have the tiebreaker.

Guaranteed top 4, or guaranteed top 5? Either way it's a huge win for us. I'm not counting Detriot out just yet, but at least they're keeping a healthy lead over Ottawa.

I get going from 18.5% down to 13.5% for that first overall would suck, but if we're not getting one of the top two I really don't think having the 5th OA instead of the 4th OA makes that much of a difference. Everyone in that second tier of players are pretty interchangable IMO.

All the rooting against Ottawa comes down to those extra 50 ball combinations which, lets be honest, probably won't matter in the end. The Kings jumping the Sens would suck but it isn't the end of the world. It's not like there are four players in the top tier and we're trying to get locked into it. I don't think there's much of a value difference between picking first, second, or third in that second tier of players this year.

Anyway, lets hope Vancouver is nice and rested and Markstrom plays the way he's played against the Avs all year. We need the Sens to lose this game and they have to play tired in Calgary tomorrow night.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Guaranteed top 4, or guaranteed top 5? Either way it's a huge win for us. I'm not counting Detriot out just yet, but at least they're keeping a healthy lead over Ottawa.

I get going from 18.5% down to 13.5% for that first overall would suck, but if we're not getting one of the top two I really don't think having the 5th OA instead of the 4th OA makes that much of a difference. Everyone in that second tier of players are pretty interchangable IMO.

All the rooting against Ottawa comes down to those extra 50 ball combinations which, lets be honest, probably won't matter in the end. The Kings jumping the Sens would suck but it isn't the end of the world. It's not like there are four players in the top tier and we're trying to get locked into it. I don't think there's much of a value difference between picking first, second, or third in that second tier of players this year.

Anyway, lets hope Vancouver is nice and rested and Markstrom plays the way he's played against the Avs all year. We need the Sens to lose this game and they have to play tired in Calgary tomorrow night.
Don't really disagree with any of what you said but the way I look at it is if the Sens finish second last it needs only one team to win the lottery to kick us out of the top-2 spots. Much better odds of that happening then needing two teams to win the lotteries.

Although I would be very happy with a top-5 pick, for me I really want to be top-4 because it would assure me one of Hughes/Kakko/Turcotte/Byram which are the guys I really want and believe would help the Avs the most in the future. Of course the Avs might have a totally different top-4 than me which in this case it really doesn't matter to me but I bet it does to the Avs.

Reactions: Ararana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad