Post-Game Talk: Sens Win 5-4 in SO vs Montreal

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I would be livid if I were on the other side of the call. If it were a playoff game I'd be calling it a total sham.

Gallagher, as much as I hate him and don't entirely agree with his assessment, made a good point after the game in the midst of his whining. At what point is it up to the goalie to attempt to reset himself? Or does he just get to keep not trying on the hope the play is called or time expires?

If the goalie needs to reset himself then that implies there was goalie interference, and if there is goalie interference then the play should be blown dead.

Reactions: dekem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just don't agree. What we want from our 6th D men is very different.
I don’t distinguish between 1 through 6. I just want the best players playing. I wouldn’t play a stay at home d man over a puck mover just because it’s the 6 slot. And also coburn is bad. Ideally our 6th d man this year would be a younger dude on a show me year. Jaros or lajoie.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t distinguish between 1 through 6. I just want the best players playing. I wouldn’t play a stay at home d man over a puck mover just because it’s the 6 slot. And also coburn is bad. Ideally our 6th d man this year would be a younger dude on a show me year. Jaros or lajoie.
Players need defined roles on a hockey team. Everyone has a job, Reillys skillset isn't needed on the third pair in a limited role when they have Brannstrom and Chabot.

Neither player is good, I prefer the player that carries less risk. Agree to disagree.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Players need defined roles on a hockey team. Everyone has a job, Reillys skillset isn't needed on the third pair in a limited role when they have Brannstrom and Chabot.

Neither player is good, I prefer the player that carries less risk. Agree to disagree.
Fair

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If the goalie needs to reset himself then that implies there was goalie interference, and if there is goalie interference then the play should be blown dead.
It was a skate bump as he battled with out D man. I can see why they made the decision to call the goal off, but I certainly wouldn't want that play blown dead every time. Only reason it was blown down is because the puck went in ~4 seconds later, otherwise it never gets blown down and shouldnt be imo. I think its valid to say that the goalie had ample time to reset and made no effort to do so, he was waiting for a call or time to expire. If he gets up, resets himself and makes the save, nothing gets called and nobody notices anything.

From a Senators perspective, I would want Murray to fight through a lot more knowing its just as likely the goal counts. If thats an important game and the goal counts, all of a sudden he's the goat.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Funny enough, I think Reilly plays more because of his work on the PK. Which hasn't been as terrible as his play 5on5.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Funny enough, I think Reilly plays more because of his work on the PK. Which hasn't been as terrible as his play 5on5.

Size, Strength, Mobility, Some Experience, handles the puck comparatively ok
vs
Size , Slower, less versatile , Experienced, aged Coburn
vs
Small, Weaker, Good Mobility, Inexperienced Good Puck Control Brannstrom
vs
A little Smaller, A little Weaker, Good Mobility, Inexperienced, Panicky with the puck (so far) Wolanin..

So rationalized as a possible best of a set of less than ideal choices for the PK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad