Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Ok macho man randy savage I'll tell you what the hell im talking about

I'm talking about how salary restrictions from our owner, and not just long term commitments like your little rant tries to cover everything up, has impacted our ability to make trades our GM wishes to do. You prob want an example right before you go Hulkamania again? well heres one:
- We had Gonchar a while ago. He made $5 Million.
- Zona had Z Michalek who was on the second last year of his contract (not long term and we would not have had to trade our Zibanejads)
- We needed a top 4 d man badly and we hadn't resigned the season yet.

We didn't make the trade, although well under the cap and easily able to afford Z. Michaleks salary, because of budgetary issues with Zona not taking Gonchar the other way.

Can you dig it sucka?
That's pure speculation. STL made Arizona retain 50% of his salary. If Murray wanted him he would've had him.

What will you be saying when we are near the cap this summer?

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
One thing I'm going to criticize Cameron on tonight.

After Puempel took the slashing penalty in the second period, Cameron didn't play him for the rest of the period. It was a stupid penalty to take but he was standing up for the hit that happened to Gryba in the first.

But Michalek takes TWO stupid penalties and doesn't miss a shift. I guess that's the luxury of being a veteran but it's unfortunate for Puempel.

Other then that, I really like what Cameron has done with the team. He's a great coach.

Michalek took two hockey penalties that was during the run of play. Puempel got baited by a veterans trick that only rookies would fall for. Cameron's specialty is young players, I'm sure Puempel will remember the lesson for a long, long time.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Today I expect Greening to draw back in, and Karlsson to have much less ice time. If Cowen is healthy, he should draw back in as well. Anderson in goal as well. We ran out of gas last night, and we need some fresh blood.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Today I expect Greening to draw back in, and Karlsson to have much less ice time. If Cowen is healthy, he should draw back in as well. Anderson in goal as well. We ran out of gas last night, and we need some fresh blood.

Greening is indeed in, but Hammond's in nets. Andy was tabbed to start but told the coaches his hand is still bugging him.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
That's pure speculation. STL made Arizona retain 50% of his salary. If Murray wanted him he would've had him.

What will you be saying when we are near the cap this summer?

We will never be at the cap, Murray just said that he wants to move out salary this summer. Get real.

And its speculation based on insiders who are pretty accurate about Senators.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
We will never be at the cap, Murray just said that he wants to move out salary this summer. Get real.

And its speculation based on insiders who are pretty accurate about Senators.

We are 10-11M under cap and need to sign Hoffman(4M), Stone(2-3M), Zibanejad(2-3M), Chiasson(1M), Condra(1M) and Pageau(1M).
If he could actually move out salary(as in Greening, Legwand, Phillips, etc) it would be great. But good luck with that.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We are 10-11M under cap and need to sign Hoffman(4M), Stone(2-3M), Zibanejad(2-3M), Chiasson(1M), Condra(1M) and Pageau(1M).
If he could actually move out salary(as in Greening, Legwand, Phillips, etc) it would be great. But good luck with that.

We still have room. Hoffman's cap hit will go up for sure. Stones will go up by a bit over a million. Zibanejads cap hit will probably roughly the same. It is 1.9 right now right? He'll prob get 2-2.5 for a raise of 0.1-0.6. We still have lots of cap room next year and could easily go after a free agent. Especially if we get rid of a few useless vets via retirement, trade, buyout or burying in the minors.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We were outplayed badly in this game. I dont liked Sens game at all. Every time puck is in our zone, we were outplayed and out muscled.

Well Minnesota is one of the hottest teams in the league right now and on paper they are as deep as anyone. They truly have a cup winning level of pedigree, I thought the sens played unbelievable. Its like they are a new team, the puck moving at high speeds is so crisp. You can see the hard work in practice paying off they are a cohesive unit. The fact that none of the plugs are in the lineup that give the puck away over and over again has a direct impact on how they can play this style of hockey. If they continue this play facing eastern conference opponents they are going to get points every night.

Finally a coach that recognizes the teams strengths and plays to it.

I really hope there are no changes tonight in Winnipeg, what a fun game to watch. Even though they didnt get the 2 points the resiliency was amazing to watch. Two games in a row they have been down late and got points.

Cant wait for MacArthur to get back in the lineup.

That game must have stung for all the sens fans that hate Wiercioch.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Who should cowen go in for exactly? Id love to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad