Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
We were outplayed badly in this game. I dont liked Sens game at all. Every time puck is in our zone, we were outplayed and out muscled.
Your eyes are deceiving you. That was pretty even game all around with sens having a slight edge due to some PP chances.

XqKprDR.png

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We were outplayed badly in this game. I dont liked Sens game at all. Every time puck is in our zone, we were outplayed and out muscled.

I saw a tired team. Totally understandable. They still played decent. Just a step behind what we've seen recently.
Nothing but good things to say about the DC senators from me

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I saw a tired team. Totally understandable. They still played decent. Just a step behind what we've seen recently.
Nothing but good things to say about the DC senators from me

Not to mention the flu is going thru the room too. Bobby Ryan had it and still got a goal and an assist. And he was spinning like a top out there too.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I only watched the NHL.com highlights, but it was basically a Karlsson blooper reel.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
if you going to start thread like this, please don't bother

I don't mind S65's insane hate of the shootout. Passion and intentsyty.

Was at the game, twas a great game to be at. You have an exciting team. Karlsson looks good offensively, didn't really notice him defensively (might be a good thing?). Both goalies came up big and both got lucky at times.

Good game and Good luck in the playoff race!

EK had a few nasty giveaways, but I think it's pretty evident that his turnovers go way up when he plays over 30 minutes a game. I think he was at 35 this game? That's too much. He's been rock solid for the past 30 games when playing under 30.

Bro hug after The Shift

0bpJqDB.png

Ah, my eyes did not deceive me. When I watched the game in real time, after dealing with what I thought was a stroke, I thought I saw them hugging it out after being on the ice for like 3.5 minutes or whatever it ended up being. (Edit: It's awesome to see these two core guys have such comradery. It bodes very well for our two young passionate leaders forming such a bond. Ah, my feels.)

That was a wild game. The SO is unfortunate, but props to Ryan and Turris; we don't usually get 2 goal scorers in the first 3 shooters. Poor Zib, just posts all night. If one of those went in we'd have 2 points, but, if there was no SO it would have been a tie. Hammy needs some work in those skills comps.

IMO we would have lost if OT was extended. After the second period the whole team looked gassed, really tired. I thought we hung in there and battled hard, but you could tell the road trip had taken its toll. I really wish the Jets game was tomorrow, I expect a sluggish team tonight in front of Andy.

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was proud as hell of the team's effort last night. That's a tired team at the tail end of a tough road trip, playing another club that is fighting for their playoff lives, and they battled hard. Had they been blown out of the rink, it would have been understandable, but that didn't happen - far from it. Sens showed a ton of grit and determination to get that game to OT, and in the process we saw all the reasons why this team's future looks bright - Karlsson was Karlsson, Bobby Ryan was great despite being sick as a dog, and Z-Bad is starting to look like the elite player we all knew he could be.

Call it a dead cat bounce if you like, but this rally, and especially the players leading it, make me feel good about our future. I think this team will be right in the mix in 2015-16, and has a shot to be a legitimate Cup contender by 2016-17.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Call it a dead cat bounce if you like, but this rally, and especially the players leading it, make me feel good about our future. I think this team will be right in the mix in 2015-16, and has a shot to be a legitimate Cup contender by 2016-17.

I agree. Zibanejad is really starting to achieve. I think another year of maturation and seasoning for our young twenty-somethings, our d figured out (I actually think Boro and Gryba are coming along great, as well as Wier)... next year should be playoffs, and after that, look out!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I only watched the NHL.com highlights, but it was basically a Karlsson blooper reel.

Hmmm don't remember him really being at fault for any goals last night...i do remember some epic zone breakouts and some really good scoring chances...there was the little giveaway in OT when everyone was gassed but he cut the angle down on that anyways.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
TSN highlight commentary added post-goal note that "Erik Karlsson gave the puck away," with extra emphasis. They do that all the time, it's strange.

It was a 2nd breakdown of the goal, and they focused on EK throwing the puck up the wing, where it missed two Ottawa players and was received by the Minny d-man. Like it was more interesting than Dumba's goal.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Karlsson was cursed that game. Had a hearty fall and slips. Shift before his 2min PP. Long shift after a long PP. Losing control of pucks. Pucks stolen from being double teamed.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
TSN highlight commentary added post-goal note that "Erik Karlsson gave the puck away," with extra emphasis. They do that all the time, it's strange.

It was a 2nd breakdown of the goal, and they focused on EK throwing the puck up the wing, where it missed two Ottawa players and was received by the Minny d-man. Like it was more interesting than Dumba's goal.

Toronto sports network playing to their toronto viewership by downtalking Ottawa's star. That's all it is.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Just another reminder...**** Jeffrey Simpson.

Your insulting a fan who is obviously calling out an owner who has contradicted himself and impacted our ability to compete financially with the best teams in the league all the while our revenues have gone up.....

yeah you showed him. next time lose the passion Jeffrey... just accept it and embrace apathy

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Your insulting a fan who is obviously calling out an owner who has contradicted himself and impacted our ability to compete financially with the best teams in the league all the while our revenues have gone up.....

yeah you showed him. next time lose the passion Jeffrey... just accept it and embrace apathy

What the hell are you talking about? How did it impact our ability to contend? If anything, not spending to the cap only helped us leave room for the upcoming Zibby/Hoffman/Stone signings this summer.
Although I would've preferred if we didn't spend on UFAs past offseason at all.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What the hell are you talking about? How did it impact our ability to contend? If anything, it only helped us to leave room for the upcoming Zibby/Hoffman/Stone signings this summer.

Maybe Legwand is helping some of the young players with their game.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
What the hell are you talking about? How did it impact our ability to contend? If anything, not spending to the cap only helped us leave room for the upcoming Zibby/Hoffman/Stone signings this summer.

Ok macho man randy savage I'll tell you what the hell im talking about

I'm talking about how salary restrictions from our owner, and not just long term commitments like your little rant tries to cover everything up, has impacted our ability to make trades our GM wishes to do. You prob want an example right before you go Hulkamania again? well heres one:
- We had Gonchar a while ago. He made $5 Million.
- Zona had Z Michalek who was on the second last year of his contract (not long term and we would not have had to trade our Zibanejads)
- We needed a top 4 d man badly and we hadn't resigned the season yet.

We didn't make the trade, although well under the cap and easily able to afford Z. Michaleks salary, because of budgetary issues with Zona not taking Gonchar the other way.

Can you dig it sucka?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
lol, wut? If I only had to work 35 min a day, I think I would be pretty happy and could handle it just fine

... it's 35 minutes of really intense work.

Yeah he will play tomorrow against Winnipeg but I doubt the gas tank will be full for him.

Not to say he won't be effective but working 35 minutes a day and pushing yourself to your physical limit for 35 minutes a day is not the same thing.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

It's dumb. Every coach says the safe play is up the wall and he does that and he's getting crucified by know-nothings.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Toronto sports network playing to their toronto viewership by downtalking Ottawa's star. That's all it is.

You can set your watch to it allthough the TO media does like to tee off on the Leafs as well i would say it is more TO media or Cdn Media in general who enjoys this. Just like many of you i have center ice and watch as many games as possible (being single adds up to a lot of hockey)....all of the other big boy dmen make the exact same mistakes with the same frequency however the media is rarily as excited as they are when they can find an EK blunder....it is really quite funny when you start noticing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad