Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Man, this team has been incredibly fun to watch for the last 5 games or so. Credit to the Wild, they played a solid game. The way the crowd was going plus some of the sequences in the third had me on the edge of my seat!

I'll take the point for tonight, but I'm praying that they can close in on Boston with a big win tomorrow.

Xamar*

Wild team and fans are a good bunch. Always liked them since the Manny Fernandez narrow mask days haha.I hope they go far, I have lots of fams in Minneapolis too ..

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Geez guys get a room. Actually I guess this is kind of a room. Alright, carry on..

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Super intense game.

• Karlsson played well (aside from a few costly turnovers.
  • Weircioch had one of his best games all season
  • Hammond was exceptional
One of the better hockey games I've seen this season.

We were outplayed badly in this game. I dont liked Sens game at all. Every time puck is in our zone, we were outplayed and out muscled.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We were outplayed badly in this game. I dont liked Sens game at all. Every time puck is in our zone, we were outplayed and out muscled.

I don't think so.

The chances on net were something like 54-52 in favor of Minnie with 5 minutes left in 3rd.

Plus, we hit 3 posts in regulation. Pageau, Ryan, Condra also had breakaways or partial. Minnie didn't have anything of the sort.

They may have had more down-low time on us but we held them to perimeter shots and we were the ones with inclose opportunities.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Crazy game.

The win streak had to end sometime, but what a battle!

Time to start a new streak against the Jets.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

No they were not outplayed shots at net were something like 56-51 for Minnesota plus Ottawa did hit 3 posts.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
That was a very entertaining game. Wild played really well, as did the Sens imo. Too bad we lost the bonus point but as a hockey fan that was a great game.

Alomost everyone played pretty well. Zibby really coming on imo.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think so.

The chances on net were something like 54-52 in favor of Minnie with 5 minutes left in 3rd.

Plus, we hit 3 posts in regulation. Pageau, Ryan, Condra also had breakaways or partial. Minnie didn't have anything of the sort.

They may have had more down-low time on us but we held them to perimeter shots and we were the ones with inclose opportunities.

Both teams did play well. It was a high-tempo game, both teams forechecked really hard, both carried the puck quickly through the neutral zone.

I know how krapstik feels about the Sens looking like they were out-muscled in our end, though. The Wild forechecked aggressively, and our d-men made hurried passes up the boards, or sometimes just made a mistake and threw it to the slot when it wasn't a safe spot for the puck. Karlsson's moments were especially notable because, well, I'm always paying extra attention when he has the puck so I don't miss him doing something fantastic.

Wier and Methot were steady with the puck under pressure, imo. But I didn't start watching until just after the game was tied 2-2.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Totally unrelated

Reading the Leaf fan reaction after Phil's lambasting of the Toronto media is fantastic! The organization is a car wreck, that simple. Glad to see Murray stick with the plan and let this team develop - whether it was Hammond needing to step up that polarized the Sens, or it was just that time, we're seeing some entertaining hockey and what I hope are glimpses of things to come.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
And Dumba, what a beauty.

At the shootout, when I saw Koivu, Parise, and Pominville as their line-up, I realized how unfair it is to go 3 shooters against the Wild. Good on Ryan and Zibby for keeping the shootout going.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Good game folks, that was a fun one.

Just wanted to say I really like that Hoffman kid a lot. Stone didn't stick out as much as I thought he might but it was just one game.

You might not have noticed stone because he isn't a flashy guy. I was amazed by him tonight, his ability to be at the rights places and strip the puck away, his defensive and offensive awareness are off the charts. Such a smart player, he elevates his linemates. I've a feeling he'll always go under appreciated.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
I don't think so.

Didnt they have a few break aways, one in overtime?

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Still think our owner is cheap, our GM is overated, our prospect pool is not as good as people make it out to be, neither is our scouting, I don't think our core is that amazing and I doubt we ever win a cup with them.

BUT **** IT! GO SENS GO BABY! LETS SMOKE SOME HABITANTS ROUND 1!!!!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Still think our owner is cheap, our GM is overated, our prospect pool is not as good as people make it out to be, neither is our scouting, I don't think our core is that amazing and I doubt we ever win a cup with them.

BUT **** IT! GO SENS GO BABY! LETS SMOKE SOME HABITANTS ROUND 1!!!!

That's a lot of negativity.

Our prospect pool isn't great right now, but when you consider we drafted:

Karlsson
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Stone
Pageau
Lazar
Condra
Cowen
Ceci
Boro
Gryba
Lehner
Wiercioch
Smith
Neil

That's almost an entirely home brewed roster.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Bro hug after The Shift

0bpJqDB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad