Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wild - Jan 14, 2014

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
The team was terrible before Spezza went down, obviously. Zibanjad, conacher, Michaleks points demonstrate why the team started winning. Expect the team to start struggling again, as it is ridiculous to rely on one line to get your points.

That above post would have been better if you actually proved a point, rather than just ignoring the fact that Ziban's line was racking up points without Spezza on the team; now they have gone quiet, while Spezza has 0 even strength points.

....gawd yer a hater..... I have jumped all over Spezza many times but only when he disserved it if you wanna give someone **** for zibbys drop off then look at macwalrus or i dont know zibby himself........ the coach chooses who goes on and when.... and zibby does himself no favors when he isnt producing....

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
1. I recently saw a Robert Plante show and it was amazing.

2. Fleetwood Mac was incredible. Mentioning them in an argument to support Oasis should be punishable by listening to Oasis.

Robert Plant is not Led Zeppelin though. I could go see a Beady Eye or Liam/Noel Gallagher concert, doesnt mean Oasis is still around. And yes, I know. Fleetwood Mac is my favourite band of all time, bar none. I am simply saying that no one will say that they are the superior band to Led Zeppelin. IMO, Oasis is better then Blur, and many people will agree with me (and disagree). But I only like their music. I absolutely HATE the band members. The Gallaghers are complete idiots.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Robert Plant is not Led Zeppelin though. I could go see a Beady Eye or Liam/Noel Gallagher concert, doesnt mean Oasis is still around. And yes, I know. Fleetwood Mac is my favourite band of all time, bar none. I am simply saying that no one will say that they are the superior band to Led Zeppelin. IMO, Oasis is better then Blur, and many people will agree with me (and disagree). But I only like their music. I absolutely HATE the band members. The Gallaghers are complete idiots.

I thought Robert Plant was boring when I saw him back in the 80s. I think I expected more Zeppelin stuff, which he stayed away from completely.

No real opinion on Oasis though. They have some decent enough songs, but they imploded before they may too big a dent on the musical landscape.

The 90s is the wrong era for me. I went to loads of concerts in the 80s, and it was a rocking decade. AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Guns n Roses (as a backup band) came through town within a week or two of each other and I went to all of those shows. Those were good times.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The 90s is the wrong era for me. I went to loads of concerts in the 80s, and it was a rocking decade. AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Guns n Roses (as a backup band) came through town within a week or two of each other and I went to all of those shows. Those were good times.
Don't worry, next boring game we'll do the 80s! :D

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I seem to be in the tiny minority here, but I did the 90's a little different, though I secretly enjoyed many of those bands, and still do.

For me, the 90's was all about hip hop. It was the Golden Age for hip hop and is still the benchmark for gritty real lyrics, and out-of-this-world DJ'ing (Premier)(when a DJ actually spun music with two records and a mixer)

2 turntables and a mic forever!!! :handclap:

EDIT: I would have posted a favourite but have no idea how to, and not enough inclination to learn.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I seem to be in the tiny minority here, but I did the 90's a little different, though I secretly enjoyed many of those bands, and still do.

For me, the 90's was all about hip hop. It was the Golden Age for hip hop and is still the benchmark for gritty real lyrics, and out-of-this-world DJ'ing (Premier)(when a DJ actually spun music with two records and a mixer)

2 turntables and a mic forever!!! :handclap:

EDIT: I would have posted a favourite but have no idea how to, and not enough inclination to learn.

Yeah, imo the 90s was the worst time for Rock music in history. Hip hop was in its prime. My contribution to this thread would be just about anything from A Tribe Called Quest who are pretty much my favourite hip hop group of all time. Then you got 2pac, OutKast, Cyrpess Hill, Wu Tang, beastie Boys, Snoop, Biggie, Public Enemy and NWA.

Now this is coming from some who despises almost all grunge music aside from Nirvana. I loved the Smashing Pumpkins, Chilli Peppers, Rage, Flaming Lips, Weezer, No Doubt, Radiohead but those bands spanned a lot more than just the 90s. They had longevity because they weren't a part of the trendy and terrible grunge movement. Definitely the weakest era of Rock. We have grunge to thank for Nickelback after all. The only thing worse than grunge music is post grunge music. Eddie Vedder's voice makes me want to punch puppies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, imo the 90s was the worst time for Rock music in history. Hip hop was in its prime. My contribution to this thread would be just about anything from A Tribe Called Quest who are pretty much my favourite hip hop group of all time. Then you got 2pac, OutKast, Cyrpess Hill, Wu Tang, beastie Boys, Snoop, Biggie, Public Enemy and NWA.

Now this is coming from some who despises almost all grunge music aside from Nirvana. I loved the Smashing Pumpkins, Chilli Peppers, Rage, Flaming Lips, Weezer, No Doubt, Radiohead but those bands spanned a lot more than just the 90s. They had longevity because they weren't a part of the trendy and terrible grunge movement. Definitely the weakest era of Rock. We have grunge to thank for Nickelback after all. The only thing worse than grunge music is post grunge music. Eddie Vedder's voice makes me want to punch puppies.
There was plenty of good rock music in the 90s, you just need to look past the crap they fed us on MTV (you came up with a pretty good list of bands yourself, in fact!). It's no different nowadays.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Heh, here's a nostalgic tune for all Sens fans during the 90s (we were the first have it played at NHL games, even before the Maple Laughs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhkK8SbvJA

Edit: Couldn't get video embedded :(

We played it first but Earl MaCrae didn't like it. He thought visiting reporters would think we were hicks though you would think that reading the Sun would be more likely to give them that impression.

After the Leafs and then other teams picked it up all was well however..

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeahh, I couldn't name em all. I even forgot Jay Z. Reasonable Doubt came out in 1996 and that probably remain to this day my favourite hip hop album of all time.

NAS illmatic..... Favourite by far, every song was so good...

Gangstar, Black Moon, Smiff N Wessun, Raekwon, Common Sense, Fugees, De La, Tribe, Ice Cube, Ice-T, Cool G Rap, Lord Finesse, LL, Biggie, 2 Pac, NWA, Hieroglyphics, DEL, Pharcyde, Maestro, Mobb Deep, Mos Def, Naughty by Nature, Outkast, Public Enemy, Redman, Sadat X, EPMD, The Beatnuts, The Roots, Wu Tang, Souls of Mischief, Slick Rick, Scarface, AZ, Royce Da 5'9", Lost Boys, Jay Z, Heltah Skeltah, Grand Puba, Goodie Mob, Eric B and Rakim, Das EFX, Artifacts, Busta Rhymes, D.T.I.C., Big L, Cypress Hill.......

And list goes on and on t'ill tha break a dawn.... ;)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
NAS illmatic..... Favourite by far, every song was so good...

Gangstar, Black Moon, Smiff N Wessun, Raekwon, Common Sense, Fugees, De La, Tribe, Ice Cube, Ice-T, Cool G Rap, Lord Finesse, LL, Biggie, 2 Pac, NWA, Hieroglyphics, DEL, Pharcyde, Maestro, Mobb Deep, Mos Def, Naughty by Nature, Outkast, Public Enemy, Redman, Sadat X, EPMD, The Beatnuts, The Roots, Wu Tang, Souls of Mischief, Slick Rick, Scarface, AZ, Royce Da 5'9", Lost Boys, Jay Z, Heltah Skeltah, Grand Puba, Goodie Mob, Eric B and Rakim, Das EFX, Artifacts, Busta Rhymes, D.T.I.C., Big L, Cypress Hill.......

And list goes on and on t'ill tha break a dawn.... ;)

Onyx, Dre, Xzibit, D-12, Dogg Pound, Gravediggaz, Kurupt, Daz, Westside Connection, Canibus, Common, DMX, Ja Rule, Juvenile, Mystikal, Rakim, Trick Daddy, Warren G...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dave Grohl is quite possibly the most overrated musician on the internet. Hell, maybe the most overrated person.

Really?

Is your internet like... different than mine?

MY internet has: Bieber, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, One Direction, U2 (everything post-Joshua Tree), Metallica (everything post-Black Album), Green Day (everything post-Dookie), Rihanna, Oasis (to piss MAK off, heh), Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, KISS, The Eagles, Aerosmith (outside of maybe like 5 songs, tops), Boston, Sting (every single thing he hever did after The Police broke up), Sex Pistols (influential? Hell yes. Good? Hell no, even within it's genre), Katy Perry, Every Boy Band Ever In The History Of Ever (98 degrees, NSYNC, NKOTB, etc...), Niki MInaj, Anyone who has had a career based on winning an TV Talent Show, Black Eyed Peas on it, and that's just the ones I came up with during a running stream-of-consciousness monologue in my head as I typed this. There are HEAPS others who qualify way, way, WAY before Grohl.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Obviously most overrated in general is ridiculous. Probably 'most overrated' is relative to people claiming he is the 'best'. I think there's a strong segment of people who feel like they've moved away from the mainstream and 'discovered' Dave Grohl and suddenly think 'wow everyone's listening to all this **** but i'm so alternative because i like dave grohl'. It's kind of like people discovering the Doors or something. Dave Grohl is mediocre. Foo Fighters play mediocre mainstream rock. Or played? I don't even know if they're still around. I bought the first album but sold it within probably a year, got pretty tiresome.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Dave Grohl is a musical genius. If you don't like his stuff that's fine, but to say he's the most overrated musician is way off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad