GDT: SENS @ WILD | EK-LESS EDITION | MARCH 30th 2017 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Dzingel looks like he needs a rest. I can't remember the last time I saw him burn by a defender with his speed. If Dzingel isn't bringing speed, he's not bringing much else to the team with this Condra-esque finishing ability.

If Stalberg is healthy then I'd dress him and have Dzingel sit out a game or two.

I'd agree with you but I thought he did that well against the Habs.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
L'Aveuglette GDT. I believe this'll be the game where the GDT curse ends.

Just kidding buddy, nicely done :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

giphy.gif

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A lot of times, when lineups are depleted, it forces the players to circle the wagons and simplify their game. In short periods, it has the opposite effect as one would think when your best player is out. Long run, though, is another story. The Sens managed to make the playoffs after Karl was Cooke'd so, we will see.

I think the Jonathan Pitre effect will be a factor tonight. I believe he is going to be in attendance and many players have a relationship with him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He took an awkward hit into the boards in Philly and left. Pretty sure he came back after that but this might be a lingering effect

It would not surprise me if he was playing hurt for a few games prior and that he aggravated it in Philly.. Sometimes players are banged up and don't say anything about it , toughing it out. If that is the case , the team is aware now and he can get healed up.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
If Karlsson is out, his ironman streak will come to an abrupt end. Last year, I believe Turris soldiered on after his leg injury to keep the streak intact but was quite useless and eventually had to sit out. Hope Karlsson only plays if he thinks he'll make a difference, no sense in aggravating the injury further

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Wild on an epic losing streak AND starting the 3rd stringer, considering the teams struggles dealing with both individually...when combined this could be the toughest game of the year!

\Who's goal drought are we ending tonight?:sarcasm:

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I thought I heard that Stalberg was ready to play & was travelling with the team & could play tonight in Minny? I'm guessing Anderson starts tonight? If we lose tonight it could be the start of a goalie controversy in Ottawa or at least on this board. :laugh:

If Stalberg does play tonight, who comes out? My guess is Dzingel, however, I would sit Kelly for a game to see if they can create three scoring line & see how Stalberg would do on a scoring line. Putting Smith at centre gives Ottawa a little more size & sandpaper down the middle.

Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Stalberg - Smith - Stone
Pyatt - Pageau - Wingels

Kelly/Neil

What do you mean "The Start of" .. I think Anderson should have not played the last few because he has not been "on"

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My money is on Karlsson playing this one. He won't sit out if he thinks he can go

I Agree, however, if he doesn't play it's an excellent opportunity for the rest of the players to learn to play without him should he get hurt in the playoffs like they did when he was out for the remainder of the yr when he got Cooked. This can't be a one man team, they have to learn to play without any player & still play an aggressive team game & learn to win. It will make everyone better come playoff time. It would be interesting to see Kevin play his first game with Ottawa though.

What do you mean "The Start of" .. I think Anderson should have not played the last few because he has not been "on"

Okay ... so it's already started ... I believe Anderson is starting again tonight. Will he get pulled? Odds are at 3 to 1 now but as more & more people place their bets this could go a lot higher, back to you at the studio Bob. :laugh:

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

I think the only mistake was playing him on back to back. Otherwise, he's made more game saving stops than mistakes

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sens are going to lose this game.

No way they score a single goal against Stalock.

No way Anderson makes any big saves.

Sens will lose 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad