Waived: Sens waive Zack Smith (upd: clears)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The main guy they got for Hoffman, Julius Bergman, just cleared waivers

There was never going to be any pieces of value coming from that trade. There was no "main target" so to speak. Bergman was a toss in. AHL depth d-man.

But please continue with your Senators takes.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I mean, I get the guy is overpaid, but the Sens do have to ice a team. Is the guy replacing him really a better hockey player? Seems like Duchene doesn’t think so.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
check out the reactions on tsn1200 twitter from Stone, Duchene and even our freakin' coach Boucher. Sounds like Dorion and Boucher don't agree with this move and also it's fracturing our dressing room even more.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Melnyk is hoping he can get someone else to pay that money
This ... very sad

check out the reactions on tsn1200 twitter from Stone, Duchene and even our freakin' coach Boucher. Sounds like Dorion and Boucher don't agree with this move and also it's fracturing our dressing room even more.
Smith is well liked in the dressing room and a true leader, while Doirion/Melnyk are trying to reduce the $$$ amount to a minimum on the team

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm just seeing the Duchene comment

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

I'd laugh if Boucher doesn't get fired, but opts to not re-sign with the Sens at the end of the season.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I'm just seeing the Duchene comment
Boucher said it was a management decision and you'd have to ask Pierre.
Stone says it's rough as Smitty invited him in to his home as a rookie
Duchene also adds on top of the "kick in the balls" comment that Smith is a leader, good player and some decisions are not made for hockey reasons.

Basically a full admission that our front office is out of touch with the team.

I can't wait for Karlsson to comment....that'll be magic

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Boucher said it was a management decision and you'd have to ask Pierre.
Stone says it's rough as Smitty invited him in to his home as a rookie
Duchene also adds on top of the "kick in the balls" comment that Smith is a leader, good player and some decisions are not made for hockey reasons.

Basically a full admission that our front office is out of touch with the team.

I can't wait for Karlsson to comment....that'll be magic
I know that Melnyk is pulling strings to some degree. But at some point Dorion has to tell him no. Force Melnyk to fire you instead of you making move after move that makes you look like you don't know what you are doing. He is ruining his name.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
That's fine... He was overpaid for underachieving. One of the young kids will gladly step up and take over his spot.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
So what are the odds of him actually seeing any time in the AHL when he clears waivers tomorrow? Melnyk paying him the same regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad