Waived: Sens waive Zack Smith (upd: clears)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Everyone can take your shots at the Sens, we are used to it and we deserve it, however don't let this distract you from knowing that Zack Smith is absolutely brutal at hockey.

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Everyone can take your shots at the Sens, we are used to it and we deserve it, however don't let this distract you from knowing that Zack Smith is absolutely brutal at hockey.
Paajarvi and Pyatt though, they are great at hockey! And pennies on the dollar to boot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Detroit and Arizona too. None of these teams have a player of Stone or Duchene's caliber.

Sure, but even still Ottawa is in the bottom 5. One can make an argument for them being at the bottom of that group, especially if another trade is made. That's far from "not the worst" in my book.

Of course, things could all go a completely different way than we expect - look at Vegas last year. But it seems pretty safe to say that Ottawa will have one of the worst forward groups in the NHL next season and for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Paajarvi and Pyatt though, they are great at hockey! And pennies on the dollar to boot.

Paajarvi and Pyatt would be decent 4th liners on any team in the league. And combined they make a fraction of what Zack Smith currently earns. But please, provide more Senators hot takes.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

I've noticed the trend for lots of folks to pile on and take their shots. No idea what anybody gets out of that other than making those folks look rather crass and classless.

From what I read and interpreted, people didn't even understand the assets returned in EK deal and tended to drop certain picks. Maybe there was a incorrect initial article published somewhere with bad info, or maybe it was laziness in combination with lack of reading comprehension. It was rather sad regardless of the reason however.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I've noticed the trend for lots of folks to pile on and take their shots. No idea what anybody gets out of that other than making those folks look rather crass and classless. From what I read and interpreted, people didn't even understand the assets returned in EK deal and tended to drop certain picks. Maybe there was a incorrect initial article published somewhere with bad info, or maybe it was laziness in combination with lack of reading comprehension. It was rather sad regardless of the reason however.

It's been going on for the past year. We are being rawdogged by our own team and the other 30 teams as well.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I wasn't sure about White's position, saw him playing RW last year. Two rookie centers is far from ideal.

I wonder if the Sens tried to sneak Carey and Paul through waivers so that we can use both of them over the next month without worrying about losing one of them. So, if Smith is claimed, they could give both players an extended tryout at 4C and determine who is the best fit, while also moving Chlapik and White from wing to C to determine where they fit best.

If Smith isn't claimed, well, no biggie - Smith plays 4C and we try to deal him later.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This is the biggest joke of a waiver move I've ever seen in recent NHL memory. Smith will easily be claimed, if they wanted to get something cheap money-wise out of him they should've traded him.

The Sens are amazing me in the worst of ways as the days go by, and it upsets me because as much as I hate the Senators their fans do not deserve this crap at all. I'd literally be fuming if I was a Sens fan, and I'd be writing Melnyk a 100,000-word essay on why he should sell the team and post it on Reddit under my real name.

As for Zack Smith, my guess is gets claimed by either Dallas, Edmonton, Vancouver or New Jersey. Would be funny to see Colorado or San Jose claim him though.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Damn. Sad to be honest. The last thing Ottawa could of tried to salvage was the team morale. Also I hope for their sake they get something for Duchene cause if not this honestly may have a case for worst trade of all time. Duchene for a very similar player to him plus a recent first round drafted prospect and a potential 1OA plus some other throw ins pick for a player who walks...

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Might as well just toss everyone on there and see who gets grabbed. What a f***in joke this org is. How much longer can this go on until something gives?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've noticed the trend for lots of folks to pile on and take their shots. No idea what anybody gets out of that other than making those folks look rather crass and classless.

From what I read and interpreted, people didn't even understand the assets returned in EK deal and tended to drop certain picks. Maybe there was a incorrect initial article published somewhere with bad info, or maybe it was laziness in combination with lack of reading comprehension. It was rather sad regardless of the reason however.

The average user on here is probably 14 years old: mean and not very smart.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Melnyk shouldn’t be allowed to own a team. This is purely a money move, Smith easily makes this garbage roster. What a joke.
But they wanted a player back for Hoffman not picks!!! So they could have had Smith plus a 2nd 4th and 5th or Boedker!

Go Melnyk.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Sure I am. Might be why Duchene said it's a kick in the balls.

As for Brennan, why not? I like the cut of his jib.
What? if his contract was good, he'd be in the NHL. he's so bad they don't even want him on the team let alone pay him 3.25m for the next 3 years. But yeah, the contract is fine somehow.......

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
He's not very good and has 3 more years at 3.25, most teams have their own roster problems to sort out right now so unlikely that he gets claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad