Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Red Wings Thurs. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So where does Batherson play??I would hook him up with Duchene ,on his right side

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Tierney isn’t a 4 liner on any team, you’re dillusional, and Boedker is a 3rd liner everywhere including here. I also quantified my Batherson point by stating he’s young and hasn’t plaid a game yet, but IF and WHEN he produces which I feel will be right away he rounds out the top 9 like I described. You and FQL are the type of fans that will find something to gripe about even when the Sens are on the cusp of winning the cup 5 years from now in lebreton, with a new owner and secure future. There will be something you don’t like that the rest of us have to hear about.
Tierney played on the Sharks 4th line until Thornton was injured.

If the Sens are in Lebreton with new ownership, I guarantee you will be hearing positive posts from me.

If you want a reference for a GREAT top 9, think back to when our 3rd line RW was Martin Havlat.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Dzingel (solid 2nd liner) Duchene (1B level C) Batherson (completely unproven rookie)
Tkachuk (completely unproven rookie) White (completely unproven rookie) Stone (1st line forward)
Boedker (4th liner on a contender) Tierney (4th liner on a contender) Ryan

Sorry, on paper or on the ice, that is not a GREAT top 9.

Tkachuk, Duchene, Stone and are all producing as 1st liners

Dzingle, White, Tierney and Ryan are all producing as top 6

Boedker is producing as a middle six forward

Batherson hasn't played a NHL game so can't comment, but I have no doubt that he can't be a great top 9 forward

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Tierney played on the Sharks 4th line until Thornton was injured.

If the Sens are in Lebreton with new ownership, I guarantee you will be hearing positive posts from me.

If you want a reference for a GREAT top 9, think back to when our 3rd line RW was Martin Havlat.

Who were our other top 4 wingers when Havlat was a 3rd line winger?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The forward have been great putting the puck in the net,but we have no team defense...Other than hoping Andy can stop 40+ shots

Reactions: Sensung

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And when Radek "Fourth line center on a contender" Bonk was our #1 center?
Yep why that team didnt go anywhere in the PO ,we were pretty bad down the middle...Brian Smolinski,Todd White Etc etc ...Decent players but not one front line center

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Who were the other 2 wingers? If Havlat was on the 3rd line, then someone must be playing in the top 6 who weren't actually a top 6 material
They were all RW,s I believe,so we had guys like Zamner Arvidsson Etc on the left....We werent that deep after the trio of wingers we had back then

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Alfie
Hossa/Heatley
Spezza
Bonk
White
Smolinski

I am pretty sure Spezza and Bonk are Centers.

How can you call a top six great that has White and Smolinski? Isn't White a Center too, by the way?

Let me put this lineup

White? - Spezza - Alfredsson
Smolinski? - Bonk - Hossa
Scheafer - Fisher - Havlat

The left side looks painfully weak in the first 2 lines

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad