Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Red Wings Thurs. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The forwards yes. But the defense is not playoff caliber.

I guess that all depends on the continued growth of Chabot, DeMelo, Lajoie, and Jaros. Maybe Wolainin or Harpur forces their way in at some point as well.

I dont worry nearly as much about the D as I do our goaltending.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I guess that all depends on the continued growth of Chabot, DeMelo, Lajoie, and Jaros. Maybe Wolainin or Harpur forces their way in at some point as well.

I dont worry nearly as much about the D as I do our goaltending.

People need to forget Harpur. This dude is the slowest, the most WEAKEST player I have ever seen. There is no way he should be in the NHL, even as a 7th defenseman

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
So so sick. This is literally the first full stamp of approval that I've ever given GB on his lineup before.

I heard that Pageau was skating now too..

Tkachuk White Stone
Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Smith Pageau Paajarvi
McCormick

I dont care what anyone says, thats a sneaky deep team that could definitely contend for a playoff spot.

He was skating backwards no less!

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Why don't you chime in something about the game, instead of your agenda, Spencer?
The GAME attendace will be low, especially paid tickets.

This is really the only meaningful thing about tomorrow's game.

Sorry champ, but you can stop gatekeeping my posts. Your input is neither wanted, nor needed.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So from that we learned that White will most likely play tomorrow and Pageau is back skating, so will Batherson play tomorrow thenÉ

Yes, I believe he said yesterday that Batherson is 100% playing, even if White comes back.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That’s a stretch.
Not really.

Two bad hockey teams playing a game in November that will have zero impact on playoff standings or where the Sens draft in the 1st round.

The best possible outcome is an empty arena to increase pressure on Melnyk to sell.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Not really.

Two bad hockey teams playing a game in November that will have zero impact on playoff standings or where the Sens draft in the 1st round.

The best possible outcome is an empty arena to increase pressure on Melnyk to sell.

I don’t subscribe to your narrative, so you should stop trying to speak on behalf of Sens fans as a whole with your borderline spamming. The far more interesting/meaningful thing about this upcoming game is Batherson’s debut, and the best possible outcome is a win, with the Drake making an offensive impact. What shouldn’t be lost is we actually have a pretty great top 9 on paper now, not to mention Smith centering the 4th line instead of Pyatt.

Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Pajaarvi Smith Pyatt

Melnyk will eventually sell. And in the mean time I’m going to enjoy Sens hockey.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan

This is a GREAT top 9?

Wow, our standards have dropped so far it is incredible.

Reactions: Cosmix

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan

This is a GREAT top 9?

Statistically yes it is, now the X factor here is Batherson, who hasn’t even played a game yet but like I said - pretty great ON PAPER. If he starts producing right away which I think he will, it only further validates my point.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan

This is a GREAT top 9?

For a rebuilding team yes

All the non-rookies are 20-25 goal scorers and its safe to bet that Tkachuk, White and Batherson can also be 20 goal scorers by the end of next season

Reactions: Clayonator

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
For a rebuilding team yes

All the non-rookies are 20-25 goal scorers and its safe to bet that Tkachuk, White and Batherson can also be 20 goal scorers by the end of next season

It's kind of disingenuous to call Boedker and Tierney 20-25 goal scorers, but I don't disagree with the rest of your point.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Statistically yes it is, now the X factor here is Batherson, who hasn’t even played a game yet but like I said - pretty great ON PAPER. If he starts producing right away which I think he will, it only further validates my point.

Dzingel (solid 2nd liner) Duchene (1B level C) Batherson (completely unproven rookie)
Tkachuk (completely unproven rookie) White (completely unproven rookie) Stone (1st line forward)
Boedker (4th liner on a contender) Tierney (3rd liner) Ryan

Sorry, on paper or on the ice, that is not a GREAT top 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Dzingel (solid 2nd liner) Duchene (1B level C) Batherson (completely unproven rookie)
Tkachuk (completely unproven rookie) White (completely unproven rookie) Stone (1st line forward)
Boedker (4th liner on a contender) Tierney (4th liner on a contender) Ryan

Sorry, on paper or on the ice, that is not a GREAT top 9.

Tierney isn’t a 4 liner on any team, you’re dillusional, and Boedker is a 3rd liner everywhere including here. I also quantified my Batherson point by stating he’s young and hasn’t plaid a game yet, but IF and WHEN he produces which I feel will be right away he rounds out the top 9 like I described. You and FQL are the type of fans that will find something to gripe about even when the Sens are on the cusp of winning the cup 5 years from now in lebreton, with a new owner and secure future. There will be something you don’t like that the rest of us have to hear about.

Reactions: DueDiligence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad