Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Red Wings Thurs. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I am a big time believer in White's potential and his ability to reach it but JGP has a decent track record and two playoff hattricks.
Be honest what makes pageau so highly touted aside from his 2 hat tricks and 7 shorties? He's avg and easily in reach for White

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Be honest what makes pageau so highly touted aside from his 2 hat tricks and 7 shorties? He's avg and easily in reach for White

In reach? Yes.

Would I say White is better than Pageau right now? Not after how solid Pageau was closing out last season.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
In reach? Yes.

Would I say White is better than Pageau right now? Not after how solid Pageau was closing out last season.
Fine. Can't disregard Pager's track record but White this season looks poised to surpass anything jgp has done in his career

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don’t subscribe to your narrative, so you should stop trying to speak on behalf of Sens fans as a whole with your borderline spamming. The far more interesting/meaningful thing about this upcoming game is Batherson’s debut, and the best possible outcome is a win, with the Drake making an offensive impact. What shouldn’t be lost is we actually have a pretty great top 9 on paper now, not to mention Smith centering the 4th line instead of Pyatt.

Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Pajaarvi Smith Pyatt

Melnyk will eventually sell. And in the mean time I’m going to enjoy Sens hockey.

Great post. I understand Sensung frustration and the best thing that could happen to the Sens is Melnyk selling but I don't think a bad year in attendance will have an impact "on forcing him to sell". He can afford to lose a few millions and au contraire, it could force Melnyk to continue cutting expenses. He has a plan and wants to cash in with Lebreton. IMO, not much we can do in the meantime. It's either somebody overpays for the franchise now or will have to meet Melnyk's asking price after Lebreton is underway.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan

This is a GREAT top 9?

Wow, our standards have dropped so far it is incredible.

Well... current paces

Tkachuk 1.14 PPG
Stone 1.11 PPG
Duchene 1.06 PPG
Tierney 0.89 PPG
Dzingel 0.88 PPG
Ryan 0.67 PPG
White 0.61 PPG
Boedker 0.50 PPG
Batherson 1.43 PPG in the AHL

Dzingel (solid 2nd liner) Duchene (1B level C) Batherson (completely unproven rookie)
Tkachuk (completely unproven rookie) White (completely unproven rookie) Stone (1st line forward)
Boedker (4th liner on a contender) Tierney (3rd liner) Ryan

Sorry, on paper or on the ice, that is not a GREAT top 9.

lol at Boedker a 4th liner on a contender. He was on a contender's 3rd line last year and still produced at a 0.50 clip

Also, Tierney is only 24 y/o, and never had the chance to play a bigger role like he has been doing here and currently has a 0.89 PPG, so it's disingenuous to call him a "3rd liner"

And I think what people like about the completely unproven rookies is how they looked so far and their potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I could see that. JGP's career high is 43 points. I'm confident enough to say White eclipses that. Defence may be another story

If JGP had a full season in the top 6 he would have a higher point total than 43. What I dont understand is why people around here dont want the team to just keep the good players they have and be a deep team up front.

Reactions: Cosmix

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
If JGP had a full season in the top 6 he would have a higher point total than 43. What I dont understand is why people around here dont want the team to just keep the good players they have and be a deep team up front.
Hell, keep em both! I don't want to get rid of Pageau whatsoever. He shouldn't be in the top 6 at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad