Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs ,Saturday April 20th 7:00 PM (ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Once you realize CBC is a poor excuse for a government-owned TV station and stop taking them seriously your quality of life increases significantly. (OTOH, CBC radio is actually decent)

cdavis*

Complete and utter nonsense

Let Don Cherry have his fun, it is in no way disrespectful to the Ottawa Senators

I know AJ is just doing his job so no hard feelings but that was such complete BS I had to say something

AJ wasn't 'just doing his job', he was genuinely upset and almost yelling. I wouldn't be surprised is he got a talking to about it afterwards actually. I agreed with every word he said.

It was disrespectful, upsetting and unprofessional (not that Cherry is known for his professional conduct).

What was it? Only the 2nd or 3rd time the Ottawa Senators got a broadcast on 'Canada's TV Channel' this year? Greening gets robbed a goal (which may have turned this game into a different outcome), and then Ottawa goes down in a crushing loss in their own house. THEN, its rubbed in. That's not cool, and it teaches young hockey players how to be when you win.

As a hockey fan in general, I was pretty pissed and I'd have been pissed for Toronto fans if the roles were reversed as well.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Guys apparently Kassian sucks at fighting what are we going to do?!?!1!1!!?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Lets just win.

First a win means we get points we REALLY need. And a loss for the Leafs stops them from clinching, at least for one more day. At this point, we need ALL the points we can get!

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Not sure where to post this comment but...

photo1.jpg

Anyone else notice that Jim O'Brien isn't even in the photo? Where the heck did that guy go.

He was in Boston with the team last week..
Very strange that he is not in the picture especially as he played most of the year.

There will be injuries in the course of the playoffs and he is a useful player.
I don't get it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hate to be negative, but we never play well against the Leafs in our own barn - especially on a HNIC game. We'll be lucky not to get shut out.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I want the Sens to win 4-0, with Zibby netting a hat trick.

Then I want Don Cherry to plaster his 79 year old lips all over Zibanejad's Iranian/Finnish face.

#GoSensGo

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Finnish?

Also Don Cherry doesn't do euro.

He was raised in Sweden..but his parents are Iranian/Finnish. I should have added Swedish too, since he was raised there, and considers himself Swedish.

Either way, I want Don all over him. With Conacher and Silfverberg in the background.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Boys don't play great when the Leafs are in town. They thrive off the fans and with the split, it's hard to do that. Its one of the things with having a young team.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Boys don't play great when the Leafs are in town. They thrive off the fans and with the split, it's hard to do that. Its one of the things with having a young team.

I think we lost last game because we never had the momentum since there was always a fight, fights kill the sens momentum while it does the opposite for the leafs. We cant play to their strengths

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think we lost last game because we never had the momentum since there was always a fight, fights kill the sens momentum while it does the opposite for the leafs. We cant play to their strengths

I disagree. I just think the Sens don't have enough experience in their lineup at the time against a tough pressure crowd. They were gripping their sticks harder and letting their players get away with hits etc...

Fights or not the players were nervous. The added grit, skill and experience back with the guys I mentioned before should provide a stable point for the younger guys to feed off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad