Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs ,Saturday April 20th 7:00 PM (ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
gamedaysens2.jpg

Discuss!!!

Assuming Kassian will likely play.

Last edited:

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
we're a different game last time we played the leafs, we now have michalek, conacher, cowen and anderson, benoit is no longer one of our 6 Dman, latendresse is not with the kids anymore, we finally have a goalscorer and cowen and anderson is back. I expect a win and a different game

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can we just start the line-up now?

Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Kassian - Smith - Neil

Methot - ERIK ****ING KARLSSON
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think Kassian is not in.

Think about Latendresse out with Smith and Neil vs their fourth line with two useless goons. They could easily score. We want to win. Not fight.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Win this ****ing game. The last one was embarrassing. If they can beat a hot Washington team, I can't see why they can't come out with the same sort of effort versus these chuckle****s

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
I think Kassian is not in.

Think about Latendresse out with Smith and Neil vs their fourth line with two useless goons. They could easily score. We want to win. Not fight.

I'm not so sure, last night the Isles were down in their game vs the Leafs, and the momentum turned in the Islanders favor after Carkner and Boulton more than handled themselves in fights.The Isles ended up wining.

We acquired Kassian to play in games like this and in our last game against the Leafs things were really physical.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I'm not so sure, last night the Isles were down in their game vs the Leafs, and the momentum turned in the Islanders favor after Carkner and Boulton more than handled themselves in fights.The Isles ended up wining.

We acquired Kassian to play in games like this and in our last game against the Leafs things were really physical.

Instead of thinking on the level with the leafs, try and think a couple levels above. (not very hard to do)

Our game isn't dependent on winning fights, the leafs is. We can beat them easily without fighting, if we stoop to their level it makes us play their game when we can just play OUR game.

Lats-Smith-Neil is a great 4th line that is clicking right now. Look at Neil last night FFS, he almost had a highlight reel goal. Kassian turns that line from a threat that can play over 10 minutes a night to another goon line that will be scrambled around. I like being able to role 4 lines the entire night. I allows our more skilled players to stay fresh and puts constant pressure on the opposing teams defense.

Last edited:

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Instead of thinking on the level with the leafs, try and think a couple levels above. (not very hard to do)

Our game isn't dependent on winning fights, the leafs is. We can beat them easily without fighting, if we stoop to their level it makes us play their game when we can just play OUR game.

Lats-Smith-Neil is a great 4th line that is clicking right now. Look at Neil last night FFS, he almost had a highlight real goal. Kassian turns that line from a threat that can play over 10 minutes a night to another goon line that will be scrambled around. I like being able to role 4 lines the entire night. I allows our more skilled players to stay fresh and puts constant pressure on the opposing teams defense.

Agree with this completely. We should play to our strengths not to the other teams strengths. Besides we have enough, size, grit and physicality in greening, smith, neil,cowen,methot,gryba,philips. Also a fight will most likely get their goons involved in the game and they might actually contribute to the game. The leafs are a good fighting team, we wont stand a chance if we try and fight them all game. We should forecheck that average defense they have and no doubt we will win.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
If I'm a Leafs fan I'm desperate to keep the Boston match-up rather than the Washington one. Seriously, the Bruins pace and game is along the boards and rough - which the Leafs can do. The Leafs team is weak on defense in space, not fast, and their team does not transition to D well. I think they match-up badly against the Caps tbh. Plus, there's much less emotion for them to feed off vs Washington (yes, they're in the play-offs - but against Boston or Mtl the feeling would be even greater and I think that would help the Leafs more as they're a HNIC kinda team who plays better 'on the stage' than off).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I just want points. 1 or 2, I ain't picky at this stage. We cannot afford not getting any points because we are getting no help from the joke schedules that Winnipeg, Rangers and Isles have...then again we screwed ourselves losing to Buff, TB, Fla.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Can we just start the line-up now?

Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Kassian - Smith - Neil

Methot - ERIK ****ING KARLSSON
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Hold your horses. He has to get back into game shape.

Real information

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
According to this thread, we'll need Kassian for the game vs Pittsburgh. We were most likely going to regardless.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1407165

LOL this was an amazing read thanks for posting, i was literally in tears laughing reading some of these comments, real classy classy bunch there that's for sure...for a team that has been gifted virtually everything they have now they sure do appear angry for some reason!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Leafs typically play well against us, particularly on HNIC.

It'd be nice to make a statement with a win at this point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad