Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs ,Saturday April 20th 7:00 PM (ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan the God*

I'd lol if the Penguins dressed their goons figuring we'd be going hard after Cooke, and then we decide to focus on winning instead and beat them badly.

cdavis*

Ottawa has won 4 in a row, Toronto has lost 2 in a row. An Ottawa win brings them to 5th and Toronto to 6th. This game has to be won by Ottawa for poetic justice.

Also, when Ottawa wins, Don Cherry and Ron Maclean better make a big deal out of Sens players this time or else I refuse to pay any taxes to CBC. Last post-game HNIC coverage of a game between Ottawa and Toronto was inexcusable and ridiculous. If anyone heard AJ Jakubec's rant on Team 1200, he was very much in the right.

On another note... they better not scratch someone who has been playing as well as Latendresse for Kassian. That's just not right, it goes against Maclean's whole mantra of "if you play well, you get minutes.".

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Also, when Ottawa wins, Don Cherry and Ron Maclean better make a big deal out of Sens players this time or else I refuse to pay any taxes to CBC. Last post-game HNIC coverage of a game between Ottawa and Toronto was inexcusable and ridiculous. If anyone heard AJ Jakubec's rant on Team 1200, he was very much in the right.

Summary of that rant?

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
LOL this was an amazing read thanks for posting, i was literally in tears laughing reading some of these comments, real classy classy bunch there that's for sure...for a team that has been gifted virtually everything they have now they sure do appear angry for some reason!

This is probably the best quote in that thread:

What worries me is that the retaliation will be something along the lines of what Cooke did originally, but actually intentional from a Sens player. Not sure how McIntyre can stop that... or anyone.
:laugh:

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure where to post this comment but...

photo1.jpg

Anyone else notice that Jim O'Brien isn't even in the photo? Where the heck did that guy go.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Man, Lehner even has a gaping five hole in the team picture. :sarcasm:

But really, where's JOB? Probably can find him on twitter somewhere, right? He's usually on twitter.

Sensgirl65

The original EK fan
Jan 25, 2013
Summary of that rant?

From memory, a summary of AJ's rant:
-It was wrong of them to bring in Kadri, Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr into HNIC post-game, ESPECIALLY since the game was in Ottawa.
-Disrespectful to the entire Senators organization
-CBC is funded by taxpayers (including sens fans) which makes it unacceptable
-He compared it to Ottawa blowing out Toronto at the ACC then bringing Kassian, Neil, and Silfverberg into HNIC to celebrate on Coach's Corner (which would never happen btw).
-The Senators organization is owed a direct apology from HNIC/CBC

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
From memory, a summary of AJ's rant:
-It was wrong of them to bring in Kadri, Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr into HNIC post-game, ESPECIALLY since the game was in Ottawa.
-Disrespectful to the entire Senators organization
-CBC is funded by taxpayers (including sens fans) which makes it unacceptable
-He compared it to Ottawa blowing out Toronto at the ACC then bringing Kassian, Neil, and Silfverberg into HNIC to celebrate on Coach's Corner (which would never happen btw).
-The Senators organization is owed a direct apology from HNIC/CBC

Complete and utter nonsense

Let Don Cherry have his fun, it is in no way disrespectful to the Ottawa Senators

I know AJ is just doing his job so no hard feelings but that was such complete BS I had to say something

Milan the God*

am I the only one who really didn't care about the whole Leafs thing last game?

I actually found it funny that he kissed Kadri. He was pimping him for a while and then he comes in and gets the hatty. Personally, I found humor in that.

I dunno, though. I've never really thought highly of CBC and HNIC.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Just once I'd like to blow them out. Seems like they blow us out or we win by a squeaker.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot

I actually found it funny that he kissed Kadri. He was pimping him for a while and then he comes in and gets the hatty. Personally, I found humor in that.

The whole Kadri/Cherry thing didn't bother me a bit. Only the terminally immature seem to have been offended.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
For the Senators fans that can make it to the game...please beat the Leafs...it just sucks so bad to listen to the Leaf fan bozos in your face when they win.

Take an early lead, extend it and then make them pay with the PP when they start running around like fools.

Please.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
sidenote on the team pic: nice to see gonchar earning the front-row seat with the captains and goalies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Cherry also kissed Gilmour on coaches corner yrs ago, Kadri is just his latest b!tch. :laugh:

It also reminds me of Susan Sarandon on Bull Duram who used to sleep with all of the teams best players. I guess Cherry is the team's ******.

Oct 10, 2010
I personally hope Kassian dresses and we see a couple staged fights.

I mean, he kinda has to dress or WTH was the point in trading for him?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I won't be able to watch this game but whatever no need to see cherry start kissing leaves players again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad