GDT: Sens Vs Leafs - Nov. 8/23, SN 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This is one of those games where you want to see the team carry the momentum. Lay the boots to an inferior Senators team, have Woll play another strong game to gain even confidence from his coach (and fans), and see another strong game from youngsters like Robertson and Knies and have Domi follow up on his effort from the other night.

Anything less and a struggle in this game will unfortunately be a case of the same ol', same ol' with this club. Time to show why they can be and are one of the better teams in the league, and more importantly, on a consistent basis.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Sens will play their best game of the year tonight. Then next game they will lose by 3 or more to a middling team.

Ironically, a loss tonight and you could say the Leafs are a middling team.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Anyone ever go to Jack Astors pre-game? I've never been.
I like to have reservations for dinner but they don't have anything available, how hard is it to walk in around 5 and get a table?

I used to go to the one by scarborough town center and don mills. t's a hit and miss.

You should be fine considering today is not the weekend

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I used to go to the one by scarborough town center and don mills. t's a hit and miss.

You should be fine considering today is not the weekend
We'll see when we get downtown. My daughter is in her Gluten free era right now and we're getting tired of Scaddabush so I thought we try something different.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is one of those games where you want to see the team carry the momentum. Lay the boots to an inferior Senators team, have Woll play another strong game to gain even confidence from his coach (and fans), and see another strong game from youngsters like Robertson and Knies and have Domi follow up on his effort from the other night.

Anything less and a struggle in this game will unfortunately be a case of the same ol', same ol' with this club. Time to show why they can be and are one of the better teams in the league, and more importantly, on a consistent basis.
Once again, I would take the over and a Leafs win, and I don't think this one will require overtime. Ottawa's goaltending is dreadful, but they can score some goals, so the odds favour a high-scoring game.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It's an awfully big space, that one, I'd roll the dice on it. You'd think you'd be ok at 5.
Never been in but that's what I'm banking on. We have to meet our account rep by 6:40 for the fist bump line and we cannot be late or we miss out.
Doesn't leave a lot of time for dinner

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Never been in but that's what I'm banking on. We have to meet our account rep by 6:40 for the fist bump line and we cannot be late or we miss out.
Doesn't leave a lot of time for dinner
Again, my guess is fine on timeline, they'll be staffed to the gills on a game day, old hand for them.

All guesses, @Squiffy will not be responsible for any content within this post, nd the reader agrees to forever release any and all such claims.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We'll see when we get downtown. My daughter is in her Gluten free era right now and we're getting tired of Scaddabush so I thought we try something different.
Have you tried not taking her any where ? Haha I kid I kid

My wife used to be all halal. The irony is not lost because I eat everything and drink

I simply stop taking her places..... her halal priorities changed rather quickly

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Next up. You assume Woll has the start, unconfirmed obviously. It's been 20 years since this matchup really mattered to Leaf fans at least but it's always fun anyways.

Go Leafs Go!
Fixed. :popcorn:

Would. Love to see Matthews continue on his way to 50 in 50 with another goal or two against this "Stanley Cup contender" from Ottawa

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Have you tried not taking her any where ? Haha I kid I kid

My wife used to be all halal. The irony is not lost because I eat everything and drink

I simply stop taking her places..... her halal priorities changed rather quickly
I don't know that I've ever attended a game and not gone out prior.
I'd do anything for my kids though and she's not much trouble, she'll go anywhere and figure something out.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
One of those games we should definitely win but we know how those usually go around here…

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Anyone ever go to Jack Astors pre-game? I've never been.
I like to have reservations for dinner but they don't have anything available, how hard is it to walk in around 5 and get a table?

Hit and Miss. Sometimes their online reservation is stupid just call in to see and may be there is something available

Reactions: Cleetus

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I hope that third line continues to gel and find chemistry, especially for Robertson but Domi as well. Lord knows Robertson has been trying to make the team forever so hopefully this is the callup that sticks, and Max while he’s struggled would go a long way towards making here his “forever home” if he can lock down the 3C slot.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I hope that third line continues to gel and find chemistry, especially for Robertson but Domi as well. Lord knows Robertson has been trying to make the team forever so hopefully this is the callup that sticks, and Max while he’s struggled would go a long way towards making here his “forever home” if he can lock down the 3C slot.
I was watching Robertson's defensive play last game and saw positive signs. He didn't over-commit in puck battles to the point of taking himself completely out of the play and did a better job getting on the right side of the puck. If he can keep playing smarter and not be so reliant on his quickness and energy when defending (especially along the boards) he should stick around. I'm sure management can see we could use more skill so if he's not hurting us defensively I like his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad