Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs in lands newly found (5:30 p.m. ET)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Brannstrom looks ok. Not bad. Not great. Demelo in particular looks kinda bad. Like he's skating in mud. We might wanna deal him sooner rather than later before he plays himself out of the league. Maybe an overreaction on 2 periods of preseason hockey, but if he gets slow all of a sudden he's not a NHLer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really gonna miss Wolanin in the first half of the season. Been a real struggle to move the puck forward.

Well, they'll have Chabot once the real season starts up, and Brannstrom has been moving the puck well; he's the one that likely was competing with Wolanin. Not like Ebert, Englund or Goloubef were ever going to be in the lineup

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well, they'll have Chabot once the real season starts up, and Brannstrom has been moving the puck well; he's the one that likely was competing with Wolanin. Not like Ebert, Englund or Goloubef were ever going to be in the lineup

Obviously Chabot is gonna help alot but I havent necessarily liked what I've seen from a couple of possible replacements in Brannstrom and Lajoie. It's the first game of preseason and I'm trying not to take too much away from it but it's a bigger concern without Wolanin. Espeically on the PP.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Englund is pretty awful

I can't watch this game right now, but last season it was like... I totally get why we drafted him, I can see what they were HOPING he would turn into, but it was pretty darned clear in his limited NHL time and the few Belleville games I saw that he has just simply plateaued from a skill development perspective.

He's going to be 24 years old this season. When people say that "defencemen take longer to develop", they're talking about sophisticated systems, and learning how to read plays before they develop, and how to anticipate and react at a pro speed. How to pivot with optimal conservation of stride and speed. That kind of stuff. They're not talking about puck handling skills that most players have by their draft year. Englund still looked last year like he needed to work on basic, basic hockey skills. This is stuff he needed to have down pat at least 2 years ago.

I'm not confident he'll ever be more than a middle pair AHL guy (or a regular in the SHL when it becomes clear in a year or two that his NHL chances are quickly disappearing).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lajoie has been on the wrong side of his man way too many times. That's the fourth time he has been beat at the defensive blueline.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
DJ looks like a thumb that came to life
CwN4C9KWEAAfhU2.jpg

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Pre season is here. Spezza looks funny in a Leafs uni. I like what I see for the most part. Pyjama boy completely undressed pageau haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad