Low Effort GDT Sens vs Jets

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
25+ years of attending games and tonight got stuck sitting near possibly the most annoying fanboy yet. I've never heard someone scream a player's name with a Y on the end, every time posession changed without fail. It would have been impressive if it wasn't so obnoxious, but this guy cleared an entire row of people out by the mid first period. Maybe that was the intent, more leg room.

• Haha
Reactions: SpezDispenser

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Post game notes:

I would so love to see Chabot and Sanderson in a couple games before the end of the year.

However their is no reason to rush them back but I know even if they comeback they won't be at 100%.

Also nice to see Bath find his game and Pinto get a couple games in if he can.

Is sad that MDZ has passed Mete in depth chart, even worse that he has passed Zaitsev.

White has his moments but the money he makes does not warrant his play.

Brown is adjusting to married life or something, last year I was lock him up but now I am worried this Brown we get if we sign him.

Forms is so fast and look at his goals and pk numbers. He is a Brown replacement or more? Well, he needs to get stronger on the puck that's why he doesn't finish .....he gets pushed off the puck.

Also his speed can't be his only asset , he needs to work hardcore on his finish. We know he can finish but it's like 1 in 4 chances.

Mats SoGood , he needs his reps for a few years. Tonight he was left hangout to dry a couple times and some he could played better.

Send him back to AHL so him Gus can win a AHL champion 🏆. Bring up whoever to back up the Iceberg Forsberg. Heck force Murray to come back before he is ready, I don't care about him no more he is dead to me. He can warm the bench for the last 9 games.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
DJ always makes the right moves when it's too late.

He is brick-headed for first 50 games and then when we out of the race, he all of a sudden gets obvious epiphanies.

Last year he scratched Tierney at the end of the season, but played him all day every day this season until a week ago. But I can see argument for who else do we have lol

Quoted for truth.

Gudbranson didn't get scratched until game 35-36 last year.

Josh Brown NEVER got scratched or demoted this year.

It's mind boggling.

Dorion, or whoever is running the show this offseason, needs to take these decisions out of DJ's hands and move out some of his favourites who suck.

Reactions: Yak

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Forms is so fast and look at his goals and pk numbers. He is a Brown replacement or more? Well, he needs to get stronger on the puck that's why he doesn't finish .....he gets pushed off the puck.

Also his speed can't be his only asset , he needs to work hardcore on his finish. We know he can finish but it's like 1 in 4 chances.

Mats SoGood , he needs his reps for a few years. Tonight he was left hangout to dry a couple times and some he could played better.

Send him back to AHL so him Gus can win a AHL champion 🏆. Bring up whoever to back up the Iceberg Forsberg. Heck force Murray to come back before he is ready, I don't care about him no more he is dead to me. He can warm the bench for the last 9 games.
Who would be the other goalie in rotation with Forsberg then if Gus & Sogaard are playing in Belleville, and Murray is injured? LOL.

Formenton should have another 5 or 6 goals if he could finish - agree with that. Hell he could get most of those additional goals off the break away chances he gets as he seems to get one or two of those most games.

Decent game last night but the end result (Jets win) was rather predictable.

Just got to hope that Philly, New Jersey and Chicago start winning games. Getting a really high (and good) draft pick is all that remains for some kind of positive end result.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
damn good shift while that interview was goin on. Formenton got his boots with him tonight
I cannot understand why the TV camera focuses on an injured player going off the ice, or a player sitting on the bench, or a goalies head while he is in the crease, is selected when the play is underway. The TV producers should be focusing on the game, not those things which could be used as filler when the game is not underway.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don’t get why we moved out a guy like Demelo he is a serviceable right shot #4 D . Seemed like he liked it here isn’t old . Signed 4 years for 3m aav in Winnipeg feel like our team might have been a couple of spots higher in the standings this year if he was a piece of our team

Because we have a big thinking GM!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Good game, my takeaways:
- Fantastic game by Tkachuk
- Parker Kelly had one of his best games in the NHL. Guy will be a good 4th line player
- Sogaard is still pretty raw, a bit too much movement in there for my liking.
- Formenton + Brown on a 2-on-1 ... usually does not lead to a shot on goal.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't think anyone can argue against that. Not even his biggest detractors.

The problem was expectations I think. If some were expecting even close to a Karlsson level player, then of course Brannstrom is a bust lol

The kid is just 22 y/o and is undersized, it's normal that he is not at his peak now. The important thing is natural talent and he has enough of it to be a regular in this league. How good can he become is the question

Alexandre Picard said on TVA yesterday "he is promised a bright future". I think it would be an opinion shared by most people who played the game. In the meantime, Erik Brannstrom still has a lot to learn, he definitely needs coaching to continue and clean out his game.

Is he getting the right coaching on this team is the question for me. If he is being told to be physical and cross check as much as possible, then yeah, he won't progress that much here

Don’t get why we moved out a guy like Demelo he is a serviceable right shot #4 D . Seemed like he liked it here isn’t old . Signed 4 years for 3m aav in Winnipeg feel like our team might have been a couple of spots higher in the standings this year if he was a piece of our team

We had a choice and we chose Chris Tierney.

Even though what we really needed was a RD in DeMelo, we chose to stick with the average of the average who is well below average now and has totally lost any value he ever had.

Return for Tierney in 2019 >> 3rd round pick

Need for DeMelo all that time >>> Need for Chris Tierney

If at least we could just Scott Sterling him in front of the other team's net (like at the beginning of the season). Opportunity missed to have another 20 goals scorer.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Good game, my takeaways:
- Fantastic game by Tkachuk
- Parker Kelly had one of his best games in the NHL. Guy will be a good 4th line player
- Sogaard is still pretty raw, a bit too much movement in there for my liking.
- Formenton + Brown on a 2-on-1 ... usually does not lead to a shot on goal.

Re: Sogaard its ridiculous to call Sogaard up and give him 10 days between starts. Young goalies need to play often. They should have left him in Belleville if they were not going to get him in more games.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Sanderson could not be ready for 2-3 years for top minutes. He has to learn the defensive hockey system in NHL.
Brannstorm has a coming out offensive party thanks to Zub, who can clean up his mistakes. I would not mind Sanderson playing the right side with Chabot and even better left side - with Zub. Who is one of the best defensive defenseman in the world right now, who can control the gap and his positioning is elite. Sanderson will be just learning from the best and it is going to take some time for him.

Reactions: Agent Zub

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Re: Sogaard its ridiculous to call Sogaard up and give him 10 days between starts. Young goalies need to play often. They should have left him in Belleville if they were not going to get him in more games.
Gus is embarrassing the NHL team with his work. We have no choice.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
First two goals Sogaard will remember to the rest of his hockey life. He was schooled as a rookie. Which is good. He will never cheat like this again.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Neil should absolutely be up there beside Phillips, he was great in his role with the Sens for over a decade & protected a lot of guys on this team. He also had over 2500 penalty minutes. :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad