Low Effort GDT Sens vs Jets

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Branny is having a hell of a game. You gotta think he'll have more of those on the regular as he continues to develop. He's only 22 people.

Don't see him getting a lot of offensive minutes here with Sanderson and Chabot on the left side. Rather package him out to get a big piece back or use him as a sweetener to get rid of White/Zaitsev.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't see him getting a lot of offensive minutes here with Sanderson and Chabot on the left side. Rather package him out to get a big piece back or use him as a sweetener to get rid of White/Zaitsev.

Why not have all of Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom going into next year?

Might be nice to have actual depth on D and not need a bunch of scrubs to fill out the D pairings don't you think? Branny's obviously still developing and could become a good 2nd pairing puck moving D for the next 5-6 years. Not worth giving that up unless it's for a true top-6 F who can score 30 imo.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Why not have all of Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom going into next year?

Might be nice to have actual depth on D and not need a bunch of scrubs to fill out the D pairings don't you think? Branny's obviously still developing and could become a good 2nd pairing puck moving D for the next 5-6 years. Not worth giving that up unless it's for a true top-6 F who can score 30 imo.

I would be fine with that, but I think as you said later Branny probably sees himself as a 2nd pairing 30-40pt dman and expects to make that salary at some point in his career. Sanderson already burned a ELC year we can't allocate so much of the budget/cap on the left side D.

In the back of my head I want to love Branny, but i'm not comfortable having him in a playoff series or in physical games. Despite his size it seems like he doesn't have much of a edge to his game defensively, although I am fan of his ability to skate the puck out of the Dzone, theres much more to be desired.

Reactions: Yak

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I would be fine with that, but I think as you said later Branny probably sees himself as a 2nd pairing 30-40pt dman and expects to make that salary at some point in his career. Sanderson already burned a ELC year we can't allocate so much of the budget/cap on the left side D.

In the back of my head I want to love Branny, but i'm not comfortable having him in a playoff series or in physical games. Despite his size it seems like he doesn't have much of a edge to his game defensively, although I am fan of his ability to skate the puck out of the Dzone, theres much more to be desired.

Why not keep him at least one more year to see if he does develop into a more well-rounded dman though? We certainly don't need to overplay Chabot constantly or give Sanderson all the toi in his first year. I'm tired of having half of an NHL defense on this team. Let's stock up and see where the chips fall.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021

For the next year or two, third pairing + 2nd or 3rd PP d-man?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
At least DJ called out Zaitsev

DJ always makes the right moves when it's too late.

He is brick-headed for first 50 games and then when we out of the race, he all of a sudden gets obvious epiphanies.

Last year he scratched Tierney at the end of the season, but played him all day every day this season until a week ago. But I can see argument for who else do we have lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad