GDT: Sens vs Jets|Feb 9th 2PM|CBC, RDS, Team 1200

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Lol it's beautiful today. Besides, they postponed the 67's game last night, and they are now playing tonight after the Sens game.

I'm in agreement. It's nice outside. And my kids have games this afternoon. I'm not watching a minute of the Sens game this afternoon. Though I would have liked to this evening.

Stupid CBC.

Sick Dangle

Feb 9, 2013
Hdic

Are we now going to be saddled with Winnipeg every time there's a "special day" tripleheader? I guess the Ottawa Winnipeg markets are regraded by the CBC and the NHL as "leftover scraps" markets.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Bishop starting, O'Brien and Benoit out, K-Daug and Wiercioch come in:

Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
It'll be Ben Bishop in goal today for the #Sens

Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
Other lineup changes: Jim O'Brien and Andre Benoit are out, Kaspars Daugavins and Patrick Wiercioch are in. #Sens

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
We always seem to score alot against the Jets, after all the chances we had again Canes I hope we can continue like that.
That's because the Jets suck...

Also, oh wow, I did not know this was an afternoon game. Good thing I checked hf this morning.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Are we now going to be saddled with Winnipeg every time there's a "special day" tripleheader? I guess the Ottawa Winnipeg markets are regraded by the CBC and the NHL as "leftover scraps" markets.

We're the two smallest Canadian markets, and we're always going head to head on Saturdays against the Leafs (who are a big draw against anyone) or the Habs (who are a big draw against anyone) for ratings. The only time we get 'primetime' on a triple-header day is if we're playing the Leafs or Habs.

So yes. We are the leftover markets. It sucks but that's the nature of business. I don't mind it one bit, to be honest.

Sick Dangle

Feb 9, 2013
We're the two smallest Canadian markets, and we're always going head to head on Saturdays against the Leafs (who are a big draw against anyone) or the Habs (who are a big draw against anyone) for ratings. The only time we get 'primetime' on a triple-header day is if we're playing the Leafs or Habs.

So yes. We are the leftover markets. It sucks but that's the nature of business. I don't mind it one bit, to be honest.

Agree. Biggest beef is it's almost the exact lineup from the opening day tripleheader 3 weeks ago. Mix it up!

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I missed the Carolina game - was O'Brien bad? I've liked his game most nights this season so I'm sort of surprised he'd be scratched.

If Bishop bombs again tonight things could become pretty interesting...

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
For what it's worth, the feeling in these parts is that Ottawa is one of the big rivals to the Jets, conference-wise, so today's a big game. GO SENS GO!!!

Sick Dangle

Feb 9, 2013
I missed the Carolina game - was O'Brien bad? I've liked his game most nights this season so I'm sort of surprised he'd be scratched.

If Bishop bombs again tonight things could become pretty interesting...

OB started the overtime v Carolina. Just assumed Maclean was loving him.

Sick Dangle

Feb 9, 2013
For what it's worth, the feeling in these parts is that Ottawa is one of the big rivals to the Jets, conference-wise, so today's a big game. GO SENS GO!!!

Sure, they're like any other Eastern Conference team that could bump them out of a playoff spot. But when they've only co-existed for 5 years, I'd say "rival" is a stretch.

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
why is wiercioch not playing? he has been better then benoit, hasn't he?

also, i hope dacosta gets a shot on the second line

go sens goo <3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad