Speculation: Sens vs. Habs: Mar 18th, 19th, and 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Yeah, I'll be at the Saturday game.

Bringing Mrs_NyQuil as well as a Habs fan friend and his Habs fan son.

At least some of us should be happy at the end of the night. ;)

Habs fan....... fr-fr-iend....???

does-not-compute.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Too bad we couldn't trick them into giving up the world for duchene. These games would be easy peeeeaaaasy.
They didnt have the parts to make a move like that to begin with,PD knew that.Sakic tried to play our first offer against them and failed :nod:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No we don't. We can beat anyone in the playoffs.
no we can't. 7 game series are different than 1 offs. Our best chance is staying in the Atlantic until the east finals.

We are learning how to win. Veteran teams no this already and know how to finish teams off.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No we don't. We can beat anyone in the playoffs.

TBH. I have no idea how the playoff thing works. 2-3 in the division always play together. And forstplace plays the wild card from the other division. Is that right?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Would rather play Rangers than Boston 10 times out of 10.
We also own Met. And have a losing record against Atlantic.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
TBH. I have no idea how the playoff thing works. 2-3 in the division always play together. And forstplace plays the wild card from the other division. Is that right?

No, 2-3 play eachother, and the lowest of the two division leaders plays the higher WC, and the conference champ plays the second WC.

Right now the likely scenario is:

(1)Sens/Habs vs (WC1) Rangers
(2)Sens/Habs vs (3)Bruins

The winner of each series plays eachother. If the Rangers are supposed to be there amazing world beaters, we'd play them in the 2nd round anyways.

I'd rather just have the team play well and be full of confidence going into the playoffs instead of worrying about who the easier opponent is going to be. Both the Rangers and Bruins are going to be tough.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
no we can't. 7 game series are different than 1 offs. Our best chance is staying in the Atlantic until the east finals.

We are learning how to win. Veteran teams no this already and know how to finish teams off.

That's not how it works. We're staying in the Atlantic no matter what, unless we fell all the way down to the bottom WC spot. It's the top WC spot (currently the Rangers) will come into the Atlantic bracket.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In the real (non-HF Boards) world I have actual civilized hockey discussions with real people who are fans of other teams.

I know, it sounds insane, but it's true!

I got family coming in for the Montreal game too & are Montreal fans. Also going to Chicago tomorrow night & Pitt next week as part of my package. Should be a very interesting week of games coming up for Ottawa.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I got family coming in for the Montreal game too & are Montreal fans. Also going to Chicago tomorrow night & Pitt next week as part of my package. Should be a very interesting week of games coming up for Ottawa.

Great games to go see live. Have a good time!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I agree with we can beat anyone we face in the first round.

Rangers would be the toughest but we play well against them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No, 2-3 play eachother, and the lowest of the two division leaders plays the higher WC, and the conference champ plays the second WC.

Right now the likely scenario is:

(1)Sens/Habs vs (WC1) Rangers
(2)Sens/Habs vs (3)Bruins

The winner of each series plays eachother. If the Rangers are supposed to be there amazing world beaters, we'd play them in the 2nd round anyways.

I'd rather just have the team play well and be full of confidence going into the playoffs instead of worrying about who the easier opponent is going to be. Both the Rangers and Bruins are going to be tough.

Hmm okay so the Atlantic WC is not catching the rangers and top in Atlantic isn't catching Washington. So top in Atlantic probably plays rangers. And if we finish second. We probably play Bruins. I got it. I think. I hate this stuff

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Hmm okay so the Atlantic WC is not catching the rangers and top in Atlantic isn't catching Washington. So top in Atlantic probably plays rangers. And if we finish second. We probably play Bruins. I got it. I think. I hate this stuff

Not true. Pitts probably will.

edit: nvm, can't read.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
In the real (non-HF Boards) world I have actual civilized hockey discussions with real people who are fans of other teams.

It's more rare to find a Sens fan out East than you will a Habs/Leafs/Crosby-Pens fan. For most part there are quite a few level headed fans out this way to have good hockey discussions with. I'm betting my co-worker a case a beer on a best 2 outta 3, so hoping we come out on top! :yo:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's more rare to find a Sens fan out East than you will a Habs/Leafs/Crosby-Pens fan. For most part there are quite a few level headed fans out this way to have good hockey discussions with. I'm betting my co-worker a case a beer on a best 2 outta 3, so hoping we come out on top! :yo:
That's funny because when I lived in PEI the got Sportsnet east which showed a lot of Sens games. I would have thought it was like that throughout the Maritimes.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Exactly my schedule too! Fly back to Ottawa tomorrow and will make game.

On Saturday I am doing the Sin Bin experience - in the penalty box for warm-up with my son. Anyone ever done it before? Wondering if the players may at least come by and wave or give a puck or something.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Like offline? I think I've heard of that sort of thing before...

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Exactly my schedule too! Fly back to Ottawa tomorrow and will make game.

On Saturday I am doing the Sin Bin experience - in the penalty box for warm-up with my son. Anyone ever done it before? Wondering if the players may at least come by and wave or give a puck or something.

I have done it. It's pretty cool to walk by the other team warming up behind the scenes (saw the jets playing soccer in the hall) and to see Lyndon Slewidge (sadz) hanging out. But during the warmup, most players were pretty into it and Chiasson was goofing around. Stuntman Stu was pretty chill and said hi.

It's pretty neat. Enjoy it.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I have done it. It's pretty cool to walk by the other team warming up behind the scenes (saw the jets playing soccer in the hall) and to see Lyndon Slewidge (sadz) hanging out. But during the warmup, most players were pretty into it and Chiasson was goofing around. Stuntman Stu was pretty chill and said hi.

It's pretty neat. Enjoy it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad