Speculation: Sens vs. Habs: Mar 18th, 19th, and 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
It'll be interesting playing Montreal now that they have Ott and Shaw. In any case, we have Pageau the Habs murderer. Should be a great test.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
rekt. what a soft team.

They really aren't that soft anymore and it's not like we still have Kassia, Neil (couple years back) and Cowen.

Dwights King
Steve Ott
Shea Weber
McCarron
Jordie Benn

All these guys are pretty damn tough.

Borowiecki
Smith
Methot
Phaneuf (terrible fighter though)

It's pretty equal now for that aspect and I'd probably even give them the edge. They have Shaw we have Burrows... Problem: toughest guys in Ottawa are D while their toughest guys are bottom 6 players. Not a good matchup for us especially that 2 are top 4 guys.

If we want to win against the Habs we'll have to go with our depth and kill their bottom 6 with speed and skill.

Almost feels like Bergevin was preparing for a Sens-Habs series. Their lineup is devoid of talent outside of their top line they wont matchup well against better teams. At least we have more offensive depth. We'll have to make them take penalties and make them pay on the scoreboard. If we do that they wont have a choice but to adapt to our game style and Price hasn't been better than Anderson in the playoffs.

Burrows-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Hoffman
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-White/Kelly-Pyatt

Play Pageau against Galchenyuk.

Positive thing is Ryan is much better against slower transition teams.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Single favourite moment at a Senators game - total domination on the ice and then in the alley - so frigging good.

I remember watching Habs fans taking off their sweaters before leaving the building.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Single favourite moment at a Senators game - total domination on the ice and then in the alley - so frigging good.

I remember watching Habs fans taking off their sweaters before leaving the building.

hard to pick one between that, pageaus hattrick and the timeout

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The game for us will be won or lost in front of Price,they have bulked up to protect the front of their net .Put a few past him early then play keep away:nod:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Habs are not scary in the least. Notwithstanding their efforts to get all "tough".

Doesn't mean they can't take all 3 games. Anything can happen.

I just don't see them as much of a contender when you look at teams like Pittsburgh by comparison.

We tend to match up well against them if we're healthy.

OD99 said:

Yeah, I was in the stands for that one.

Those Habs that were there really got serenaded throughout the game. I hope they enjoyed the 'home ice' atmosphere.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Habs are not scary in the least. Notwithstanding their efforts to get all "tough".

I just don't see them as much of a contender when you look at teams like Pittsburgh by comparison.

Yep fair enough ,but its no real secret how they are going to try and play against us .Having a good PP would help alot :nod:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Those Habs that were there really got serenaded throughout the game. I hope they enjoyed the 'home ice' atmosphere.

Was also at that game! I had no voice. It was really amazing and I was really proud of all the Sens fans in attendance!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Yeah was also at that game, that was such an awesome night. I am sure there are quite a few habs fans that never returned to CTC after that game.

They really got it from the Ottawa crowd that night, it was relentless. The best was the utter shock some of them had on their face as they were leaving. They couldn't believe how it wasn't "another home game"

Ottawa sports fans came alive that night, it was glorious.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The biggest change the Habs have made is behind the bench. Therrien had an immense victim complex and could seldom be introspective enough to find flaws within himself or team.

Julien is very different in mentality and that will be huge for the Habs. There will be accountability and not a constant search for excuses as there was under Therrien.

Having said that, what made them a good team in the past with their speed game doesn't seem like much of a threat anymore. Talent wise they're a mediocre team with a great goalie. We're a mediocre team with a great goalie and a generational defenseman. When both teams are healthy, we are the better squad. If we had Stone for these upcoming 3 games, I'd say we'll take at least 4 points easy but without him that'll be difficult. Teams should be closely matched but our D could be a big deciding factor. They only have a couple guys you need to shut down and we have the depth to do that.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yeah was also at that game, that was such an awesome night. I am sure there are quite a few habs fans that never returned to CTC after that game.

They really got it from the Ottawa crowd that night, it was relentless. The best was the utter shock some of them had on their face as they were leaving. They couldn't believe how it wasn't "another home game"

Ottawa sports fans came alive that night, it was glorious.

I was in attendance for game 6 against the Habs the following year where we got eliminated. I was surprised at how many francophone Sens fans there were. Yelling profanities at the top of their lungs and booing Subban. I assume they came across the river from Gatineau

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I was in attendance for game 6 against the Habs the following year where we got eliminated. I was surprised at how many francophone Sens fans there were. Yelling profanities at the top of their lungs and booing Subban. I assume they came across the river from Gatineau

Yeah I work in Gatineau, while most are Habs fans, there is a pretty sizable minority that are Sens fans, it keeps growing.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
hard to pick one between that, pageaus hattrick and the timeout

Then timeout was trolling at its finest...definitely no respek given on that one.

Watching us thrash every player on the ice was crazy though...was there with about 15 buddies too so we were all jacked up.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I'll be at the Saturday game.

Bringing Mrs_NyQuil as well as a Habs fan friend and his Habs fan son.

At least some of us should be happy at the end of the night. ;)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have us with the better blueline,the habs with the better goalie, and the forwards as a draw.Pretty even teams TBH:nod:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have us with the better blueline,the habs with the better goalie, and the forwards as a draw.Pretty even teams TBH:nod:

Too bad we couldn't trick them into giving up the world for duchene. These games would be easy peeeeaaaasy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It'll be interesting playing Montreal now that they have Ott and Shaw. In any case, we have Pageau the Habs murderer. Should be a great test.

Ott is as bad an NHLer can be at this point. Whatever intangibles he brings are cancelled out by his total inability to play the sport at this level anymore.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Damn so many of you guys have been to a playoff game. Just a tad jealous

Unfortunately the ones I've been to have been 2003 Games 1 and 7 ECF, 2012 Game 6 Round 1, 2015 Game 6 Round 1
So I'm 1-3 in games attended :\ 0-3 in games where the series could be decided.

On topic though, these three games against Montreal are basically a mini playoff round. Because between that and 2 games in hand... that's either we lose 6 points on Montreal, or pick up up to 10 against them (so we're still looking a swing anywhere between 8 points ahead, or 8 points behind with 10 games including tonight remaining).

I think optimistically we could grab 3/4 from the ones in hand, then 4/6 from Montreal with the Habs grabbing only 3/6. That means with 10 games remaining we'd be 2 points up on them. Though we have a tougher final 10 games than they do, so it'd be better if we could snatch a few more from them.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I was at that Montreal game too. it was awesome!

I think we have more depth than Montreal but missing Stone hurts. I'd love to bump into them in the playoffs but I don't see that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad