Speculation: Sens vs. Habs: Mar 18th, 19th, and 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I have believed this for most of the season. I made a thread about it a few months back asking "when can the sens be tops in the division" and most people came back with when we get another top 4 D or another top 6 forward etc etc. I didn't expect so many depth moves but I said it would take place over those three games and that it would feel like the playoffs.
I can't wait. Going to be electric!

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I don't think most reasonable habs fans are confident. The rose coloured glasses ones will think the deadline acquisition will suddenly make the world of difference but that's about it.

Should be a close tough series though, with goal-tending likely determining the winner

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We can beat them if we have good health.

Stone as week to week is a worry. Turris with his finger is back soon (Ryan is still more time to heal). That's still 3 of original Top 6.

Win 2 of 3 and another in Boston and we could finish atop the division.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
These games will be huge for us. The Canadiens have a much easier schedule than we do over the next few weeks so we may need the head to heads to keep pace.

There are many that say the last thing a team fighting for a play off wants is to play teams that have nothing to lose 2 games vs Detroit/Tampa/Florida then 1 game vs Carolina/Buffalo/Dallas it could go real bad for Montreal.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The Habs had a hot start and have been pretty mediocre since.
We have been outpacing them even without our starting goalie and some key players most of the season.

But I hope the Habs take the division so they can keep up this myth that they are actually a good team, and the Sens can keep being a dark horse- its a better fit for this team. And leads to an easier 1st round opponent.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For Ottawa its easy Anderson Saturday and Condon Sunday for Montreal do they want the division or do they want Boston.
Mtl will be looking to stir up some crap,and play rope a dope hockey.Need to play a very patient and disiplined game against them

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The third game is the unknown to me, we will win at least one and lose at least one for sure. Feeling confident so I will say we pull 4 pts from the 3 games.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Habs had a hot start and have been pretty mediocre since.
We have been outpacing them even without our starting goalie and some key players most of the season.

But I hope the Habs take the division so they can keep up this myth that they are actually a good team, and the Sens can keep being a dark horse- its a better fit for this team. And leads to an easier 1st round opponent.

They really arent anything special, their center depth is probalby the worst of any playoff team. Cant win anything with centers like they have.

Alot of lucky wins lately too, unless Price is playing all world they are a lottery team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do Habs fans ever stop whining my goodness. The best was after we took the division lead it was "oh we actually don't want it. Haha you'll have to play a better team". But if they end the season leading the division we'll hear about how "Sens could never catch them at the top".

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Isn't that pretty much every team the Habs play?

Well at least it's what the Montreal media will lead you to believe. The moral high horse with that team...

Its probably something to do with the high horse being extra high for them because most of their team is 5'9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad