Pre-Game Talk: Sens Vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Would love to see Wolanin and one of Balcers/Batherson get the call. Unfortunately, I am mentally prepared for Nick Paul and Patrick Seiloff.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Boro is suspended and Harpur still isn't ready to return, I hope they call up Wolanin,

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Lajoie-Jaros

Three very balanced pairs (in no particular order). I think that might actually be our best option tbh, though it might not have quite the right personnel for the PK.
I'd like to see this. They could keeep Wides in on the right side and go 11-7 .

Reactions: Clayonator

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Would love to see Wolanin and one of Balcers/Batherson get the call. Unfortunately, I am mentally prepared for Nick Paul and Patrick Seiloff.
lmao you forget paul carey is down there right now. so hope for paul, expect carey

Reactions: Chezzz

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
If Boro is suspended and Harpur still isn't ready to return, I hope they call up Wolanin,

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Lajoie-Jaros

Three very balanced pairs (in no particular order). I think that might actually be our best option tbh, though it might not have quite the right personnel for the PK.

Ask and you shall receive:

@Media_Sens 1m1 minute ago
More
Roster update: #Sens recall defenceman Christian Wolanin from @BellevilleSens. Mise à jour alignement : Les #Sens rappellent Christian Wolanin de Belleville (LAH).

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Were not gonna go with a 13-5 set up out of respect for Boro? That's disrespectful to the Captain!

12-5 would work as well with Paul as the 13th called up to sit on the bench instead of in the stands.

Reactions: Alex1234

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This better not be one of those "we call you up to sit" like last season!

Who was the dman they called up and didn't even play? Wasn't it Wolanin?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Watched Tampa-Avs yesterday. Both these teams are legit. Avs are going far this year. We better bring our A game or we'll get blown out.

Everyone is talking about how we're this year's Vegas. I think the Avs model is what we should strive for. They're crazy fast. They also traded away one of their top players and still made the playoffs.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Love these late start west coast games.

I wonder when the next time we take our chances with Condon will be.

Anderson may end up playing 60-70 games at this rate, but i think we need him to this year.
Arizona probably

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Love these late start west coast games.

I wonder when the next time we take our chances with Condon will be.

Anderson may end up playing 60-70 games at this rate, but i think we need him to this year.

I feel badly for Condon, who from all reports is a great guy and a great teammate, but at the same time we can't afford to give him any sympathy starts. We can only start him when Anderson clearly needs a rest. Anything beyond that he's going to have to earn.

Here's the issue - if Condon were to disappear to a desert island tomorrow, who else could we use? Mike McKenna, 35 years old and with a sub .900 lifetime save percentage in the NHL? Someone like Anton Forsberg, who has the same lifetime save percentage as Condon? The goalie market out there is REALLY thin - not a lot of great options for any team with a need for a veteran...

Reactions: Gesus

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The Condon started Arizona game was the moment when all started to fall apart for this team last year, Condon let in a absolute stinker in the final minutes then an equally bad goal in OT.

Please let Condon rot on the bench.

Recaps

When he came out and dove at the puck for no reason at all and literally gave them an empty netter....LOL, I was unfortunately at that game and peg it as the beginning of the end for last season at least on the ice, had a horrible feeling leaving the rink that day, and literally laughed the entire walk back to the Sensplex as I couldn't believe I watched a pro hockey team commit peewee level errors...little did I know it would be much worse than I ever could have imagined! Was hoping he would bounce back from last year, imo he appears worse this season in his minimal action.

Reactions: Deku and Gesus

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They need to trade Wideman asap, he is the one UFA who may actually have some value to other teams given he is a right shot D.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I feel badly for Condon, who from all reports is a great guy and a great teammate, but at the same time we can't afford to give him any sympathy starts. We can only start him when Anderson clearly needs a rest. Anything beyond that he's going to have to earn.

Here's the issue - if Condon were to disappear to a desert island tomorrow, who else could we use? Mike McKenna, 35 years old and with a sub .900 lifetime save percentage in the NHL? Someone like Anton Forsberg, who has the same lifetime save percentage as Condon? The goalie market out there is REALLY thin - not a lot of great options for any team with a need for a veteran...
Oh we're stuck with him because of that contract, at least this year anyways. I could see him being a buyout candidate this summer though.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They need to trade Wideman asap, he is the one UFA who may actually have some value to other teams given he is a right shot D.

His trade value will only increase as the TDL approaches, and teams that are playoff bound are either looking to gain some defensive depth, or have need for a D man because of injury.

IF Wideman, is traded, the best time to trade him, is in the closing minutes of TDL day.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh we're stuck with him because of that contract, at least this year anyways. I could see him being a buyout candidate this summer though.

I'm hoping that Condon can bounce back. Hey, he has shown that he can play well in stretches. We just need him to get to that league average .915 save percentage, that's all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia