Pre-Game Talk: Sens Vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Forward thoughts:

We need to find a regular combination for Duchene. I’m not as concerned about secondary guys like Boedker and Tierney having one of Duchene/Stone I’m their line. They’ll still do their thing. I’d like to try Duchene White with Stone next game, perhaps having the former two alternate taking face offs, dependent on side of the ice. I also think Duchene on the wing could give him a breath of fresh air. White is unreal at faceoffs too.

Duchene White Stone

Dzingel Tierney Boedker

Formenton Smith Ryan

Pajaarvi Pyatt / McCormick

For the D:

Harpur not on the ice today, so we may be forced to roll 12-6 if Boro is indeed suspended. When’s the last time we had so many righties in comparison to lefties? Someone would have to play their off side, unless we called up Wolanin.

Chabot DeMelo

Lajoie Jaros

Wideman Ceci

/

Chabot DeMelo

Lajoie Jaros

Wolanin Ceci - Wideman

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We just keep playing the top lines over and over again.
Leafs
Boston x2
Dallas
Now Colorado.

Another big test for our young team and particularly our young D.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boucher: Ceci in, Mccormick likely in, harpur doubtful,Andy in nets,plan to have condo in a game during road trip. Uncertain on 11-7 or 12-6.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
There's a 0% chance that he plays the wing on this team. Way too thin at C.

Like I mentioned in the OP I think he and White alternate faceoffs. Given White’s proficiency in the dot I don’t think Duchene’s positioned to start a given play matters as much. Frees him up to fly down the wing too. Can always revert back to original configuration if that doesn’t work.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I still shake my head at Boston's three picks. Especially with the very next three picks all tearing it up.
Yeah that was Muckler-esque drafting. Picking those next 3 players almost guarantees another cup IMO.

Reactions: Smeddy

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I might have missed it, did we call up a forward to replace carey? I did see we sent him down

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Boro is suspended and Harpur still isn't ready to return, I hope they call up Wolanin,

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Lajoie-Jaros

Three very balanced pairs (in no particular order). I think that might actually be our best option tbh, though it might not have quite the right personnel for the PK.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If Boro is suspended and Harpur still isn't ready to return, I hope they call up Wolanin,

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Lajoie-Jaros

Three very balanced pairs (in no particular order). I think that might actually be our best option tbh, though it might not have quite the right personnel for the PK.

I wonder if Englund has been any good in the AHL this season.

If I recall, I think I've heard something to the affect that this team sometimes calls up players based on role. I could see Englund stylistically fitting the void left by Boro/Harpur much more than Wolanin. Also, as you mentioned we may need someone who can play the PK.

With that said, if we're rolling with D who Boucher doesn't trust, maybe we go with 7D dressed. Sieloff would be our other option in that player type.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Ceci
Lajoie-Jaros

I think you forgot about Wideman, although he hasn't been very good and was my choice to come out of the lineup when Ceci returned

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Love these late start west coast games.

I wonder when the next time we take our chances with Condon will be.

Anderson may end up playing 60-70 games at this rate, but i think we need him to this year.

Reactions: Larionov

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I still shake my head at Boston's three picks. Especially with the very next three picks all tearing it up.

Chabot-McAvoy would have been the pairing of the next decade.... And then you add Barzal and Connor to Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak .... sheesh. At least DeBrusk has worked out for them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think you forgot about Wideman, although he hasn't been very good and was my choice to come out of the lineup when Ceci returned
Half forgot, half didn't care to correct myself. Not really a fan of Wideman, but am ok with him as a 7th d when we go 11/7. That said, the overall point was about filling the LD spot left vacant by Boro/Harpur and Im not sure Wideman fits that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->