Pre-Game Talk: Sens Vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
The Condon started Arizona game was the moment when all started to fall apart for this team last year, Condon let in a absolute stinker in the final minutes then an equally bad goal in OT.

Please let Condon rot on the bench.

Recaps

I understand the concern, truly, but if we benched players THIS year based on their performance(s) last season, we wouldn't be able to ice a team. Clean slate, let Condo play. Like other posters have said, we dont need him to be a hero. Just make the obvious saves and hold the fort for 60-65 minutes.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Watched Tampa-Avs yesterday. Both these teams are legit. Avs are going far this year. We better bring our A game or we'll get blown out.

Everyone is talking about how we're this year's Vegas. I think the Avs model is what we should strive for. They're crazy fast. They also traded away one of their top players and still made the playoffs.

Habs are this year Vegas; they’ll work harder than anybody

Tonight their lack of talent was exposed against the Sabres though

The Condon started Arizona game was the moment when all started to fall apart for this team last year, Condon let in a absolute stinker in the final minutes then an equally bad goal in OT.

Please let Condon rot on the bench.

Recaps

lol, as a goalie I still have nightmares about that Condon gaff. If I ever did something like that, I’d might force myself into retirement

They need to trade Wideman asap, he is the one UFA who may actually have some value to other teams given he is a right shot D.

Why asap? Wait at the deadline where he might have some value

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Team needs to either trade Ceci or Wideman and re-sign the other to a short term deal. I don’t think we need a poll to know where the majority of posters fall

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Seeing some of the hate certain Avs fans have for Duchene makes me not feel so bad about our fan bases relationship with previous star players.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I feel badly for Condon, who from all reports is a great guy and a great teammate, but at the same time we can't afford to give him any sympathy starts. We can only start him when Anderson clearly needs a rest. Anything beyond that he's going to have to earn.

Here's the issue - if Condon were to disappear to a desert island tomorrow, who else could we use? Mike McKenna, 35 years old and with a sub .900 lifetime save percentage in the NHL? Someone like Anton Forsberg, who has the same lifetime save percentage as Condon? The goalie market out there is REALLY thin - not a lot of great options for any team with a need for a veteran...

I'd probably go with Lehtonen over Mason if we went into the goalie market. That costs money though.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
That was pre-Duchene trade and we went into a death spiral after that.
We can beat them, sure. But it's more likely we get torched 5-3 or something. I'd honestly start Condon in this one, take the L and roll over the regressing Golden Knights.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
*Conspiracy theory alert*

What's stopping the Avs front office from telling one of their players to "accidentally" run Anderson and then watch gleefully as Condon fills in for ~25 games and starts the tank (giving them a top-four pick instead of a 5-15 pick).

Reactions: Icelevel

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
That was pre-Duchene trade and we went into a death spiral after that.
We can beat them, sure. But it's more likely we get torched 5-3 or something. I'd honestly start Condon in this one, take the L and roll over the regressing Golden Knights.

No that was post trade. The very next two games with him in the lineup were against his former team while in Sweden.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No that was post trade. The very next two games with him in the lineup were against his former team while in Sweden.
I remember well. That was when Dorion called into TSN1200 to complain that they weren't praising the team enough. They barely won against Colorado and he felt they needed to be stroked even more.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Well, he asked to leave essentially.

We're not particularly happy with Heatley.

I thought we hated heatley more so because of how he handcuffed us for the trade(though that could be Murray's fault too) and also the rumours swirling around town of why he requested a trade. Also how he wouldn't answer anyone so we were left wondering what the heck is going on.

A guy like spezza said he'd be fine with a trade and would like the opportunity for a fresh start. We don't seem to hold any hatred towards him.

Also, these guys just want us to lose badly all the time because of the draft pick, so it would be nice to win to see their reactions.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

What's stopping the Avs front office from telling one of their players to "accidentally" run Anderson and then watch gleefully as Condon fills in for ~25 games and starts the tank (giving them a top-four pick instead of a 5-15 pick).

Players don't really care about this draft stuff.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
44909869_10156684610119477_929022875191476224_n.jpg

need a better pk or stay out of the box

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Because the could care less about the draft, and don't want a high draft pick rookie coming into camp next season, and beat one of them out of job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad