Line Combos: Sens True Depth Chart

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Based on the roster now, I think the goal this year should be to simply repeat the success from last season. 1st or 2nd round i think is realistic. Missing the playoffs would be a huge disappointment, especially with Toronto, Buffalo and also Boston and Florida in our division.

If this roster proves that they're able to at least replicate the success from last year then I think next summer will be the right time to aggressively pursue a veteran upgrade via UFA or trade. For now I'm content with staying the course and letting our young guys build from their success last year without heaping on more expectations going forward.

A few key things I'll be watching for next season:

1. Bobby Ryan: Will he be a top line talent? After two seasons with us he has failed to be that guy consistently. If he can match his potential this season then the team has a legitimate shot at challenging for a top 3 finish in our division.

2. Cowen/Wiercioch: This should be the last shot either of them are given at being a solution for a spot in the top 4. I still have high hopes for Cowen (I know that's unpopular around here) but my expectations for Wiercioch are lower (#5 with PP abilities is all I see in him).

3. Zib/Stone/Ceci/Hoffman: All of these guys have proven their ability to make an impact at the NHL level. Can they take another step forward this season or will they stagnate? I have a lot of confidence in Stone, more so than the rest of the group. The other three I have a little less confidence in their ability to remain consistent through the whole season and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one or two of them regress. If they can at the very least maintain their level of play from last year then I think we're going to make the playoffs and advance to the 2nd round.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman
boro
phillips
??

the second pair is just not good enough imo. unless they have really improved their individual play and chemistry. as much as i like wiercioch there really needs to be a solid vet there.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibby-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar/Prince (one of them starts in AHL)
Neil-Smith-Chiasson
Greening

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Borowiecki
Phillips-Wideman

Andy
Hammond

With a year of development on a fantastic regular season finish, I expect this team to contend for a playoff spot, the only teams clearly better are Montreal and Tampa Bay in the Atlantic division. The biggest question mark is still defence, but I expect better things from this group of they start and stay healthy.

The forwards and goaltending are on par, more or less, with the rest of the conference. Losing Gryba and Legwand are additions by subtraction - Smith is fine on that fourth line.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Stewart UFA - this should rile a few people
Greening - Z. Smith - Chiasson/Neil - Neil should be a trade deadline deal

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Phillips - Phillips could be a deadline deal too but more likely will retire a Sen

Anderson - Hammond - should be very interesting this yr how Hammond does as an NHL backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad