Post-Game Talk: SENS take a bite outta the Big Buffalo, Thurs 7:00pm

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
in Columbus wins tomorrow, Saturdays game has NO meaning as they'll be in.

WSH has clinched their div. Meaning, good chance they rest some stars against MTL in Montreal's 82nd game.

If Montreal wins that game, and CBJ loses to the Rangers tomorrow, then game 82 becomes the Duchene-Bowl.

It's not that farfetched of a scenario. One team has to lose their next game, and one team has to win their next game.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Daccord has potential with some proper development. He has got the skills to be an NHL goaltender, but needs a lot of mileage between Belleville and/or Brampton for play time.

I can't see Melnyk paying all of Andy, Nilsson, and Condon next year. So if Dorion buys out Condon, chances are they will not sign Nilsson. Andy stays until trade deadline at least where he may have trade value, otherwise he helps reach the cap floor.

Ideally, on a rebuilding team aiming for 2020 1st overall pick, you sign Nilsson as the starter, trade Andy somehow, eat up Condon's contract which will still help with cap floor, and promote a guy like Hogberg as the backup.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
WSH has clinched their div. Meaning, good chance they rest some stars against MTL in Montreal's 82nd game.

If Montreal wins that game, and CBJ loses to the Rangers tomorrow, then game 82 becomes the Duchene-Bowl.

It's not that farfetched of a scenario. One team has to lose their next game, and one team has to win their next game.
Washington played Montreal tonight. My post still remains accurate.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pretty shameful showing by us in the third

Also not fair ceci had to Cover Taylor hall all game. Wait. That was olofsson?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Daccord has potential with some proper development. He has got the skills to be an NHL goaltender, but needs a lot of mileage between Belleville and/or Brampton for play time.

I can't see Melnyk paying all of Andy, Nilsson, and Condon next year. So if Dorion buys out Condon, chances are they will not sign Nilsson. Andy stays until trade deadline at least where he may have trade value, otherwise he helps reach the cap floor.

Ideally, on a rebuilding team aiming for 2020 1st overall pick, you sign Nilsson as the starter, trade Andy somehow, eat up Condon's contract which will still help with cap floor, and promote a guy like Hogberg as the backup.
This is how I see it playing out as well with Nilsson likely the guy not coming back next year. If Condon isn't on the IR he should be bought out leaving Hogberd as the back up and Daccord and Gustavsson in Belleville.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
As an asu fan, what did you guys think of Daccord? Thanks for giving him a game!

The condensed game version made it look like he was solid and calm on the first shot, but was not prepared for the speed of the bang bang east west plays at NHL speed.

And Eichel walked him once on a rebound late in the game.

But definitely had some nice saves to take away from his first NHL game.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It’s hilarious that Bruce talking about Sens wanting to sign ceci long term in question period and then ceci comes out and looks atrocious. Again.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
He was great at handling the puck. That is the future for goalies.
Well, other than that last goal? :laugh:
Not even gonna be mad about that though. Gonna assume that he had a bunch of good plays that didn't show up in the highlights package.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It’s hilarious that Bruce talking about Sens wanting to sign ceci long term in question period and then ceci comes out and looks atrocious. Again.

At this point I am completely ready to cut Ceci loose, and I was one who felt protecting him over Methot was a good plan.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tough situation for Daccord. I don't always agree with Simmer, but he was right in that Daccord looked like a guy who had just finished a long NCAA season and had a pretty whirlwind last few NHL days. He made some nice stops and obviously is a superior puck handler, but he looked a little overwhelmed at times also, which is to be expected. We won't really have a sense of what we have in him for another year.

The team overall looked tired, which again was to be expected. The second game of a back to back on the road is a tall order for NHL team. I forget the exact stat on teams in that situation, but I remember that it was pretty brutal - that's pretty much a scheduled loss. Yes, Chabot looked particularly rough, but again that guy has played a ton of hockey in the last few days, and losing Jaros in the second period made that even worse.

Overall this team has showed a lot more jam and promise since Crow took over, so I'll give them a mulligan for tonight provided we finish the year strong on Saturday...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
At this point I am completely ready to cut Ceci loose, and I was one who felt protecting him over Methot was a good plan.
Yea I’ve wanted him gone forever but traded for value that he HAD. At this point I’m
Fine with just letting him go for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad