Pre-Game Talk: SENS strike down Tampa, Thurs, 7:30 pm on TSN

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Win or lose Im looking forward to Count Dracula’s stats on our chances of making the PO, on our chances of selecting 1st overall and on our % of blocked shots by our left D-men while on pk in the second period when we trail 3-2 on the second night of a back-to-back

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Win or lose Im looking forward to Count Dracula’s stats on our chances of making the PO, on our chances of selecting 1st overall and on our % of blocked shots by our left D-men while on pk in the second period when we trail 3-2 on the second night of a back-to-back
With all posts spelled backwards just for entertainment value if the game is dull

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pierre McGuire .. this am discusses Phaneuf - Ceci...
One point brought up here is that some players may be playing too much. (Particularly D men) .. I agree with this... Phaneuf and Oduya's ice should be cut down.. its too bad they didn't have another D they could give more minutes to. I agree with his points on Colin White that he brings up often... Boucher is stubborn but Dorion should be intervening here imo. White has been playing with 2 plugs a lot of the time in Belleville.
He also emphasizes the hole left by Methot .. We miss him.
I think our D is a problem with this team... I have not been impressed by Claesson's game recently... It's interesting that Boro and Wides were key to the success of this team. I would get Chabot and Harpur in and play them ,, and start balancing out the icetime. It would be worth trying.
McGuire: Senators are what their record is, not very good

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pierre McGuire .. this am discusses Phaneuf - Ceci...
One point brought up here is that some players may be playing too much. (Particularly D men) .. I agree with this... Phaneuf and Oduya's ice should be cut down.. its too bad they didn't have another D they could give more minutes to. I agree with his points on Colin White that he brings up often... Boucher is stubborn but Dorion should be intervening here imo. White has been playing with 2 plugs a lot of the time in Belleville.
He also emphasizes the hole left by Methot .. We miss him.
I think our D is a problem with this team... I have not been impressed by Claesson's game recently... It's interesting that Boro and Wides were key to the success of this team. I would get Chabot and Harpur in and play them ,, and start balancing out the icetime. It would be worth trying.
McGuire: Senators are what their record is, not very good

I am surprised so few people on here seem to listen to this segment.

Been listening almost every day since 2010. Great stuff.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
McGuire is a little self-important and overvalues character on the level our management does. He has some nice insights, but really no better than anyone on this forum, and he has zero point zero sources. Whenever anyone asks him what he thinks about an injury, player, manager, he doesn't say anything at all. I enjoy listening at that time of the morning, but I'd rather an analyst with contacts and juice to flow.

Anyway, let's not get blown out please.

kenempa

May 10, 2017
Dang, coach says Chlapik is in only if Smith can't play tomorrow... No scratching Burrows I guess

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
McGuire kept saying he was bullish on Ottawa. Said they were a powerhouse on paper. Is he changing his tune?

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
McGuire is a little self-important and overvalues character on the level our management does. He has some nice insights, but really no better than anyone on this forum, and he has zero point zero sources. Whenever anyone asks him what he thinks about an injury, player, manager, he doesn't say anything at all. I enjoy listening at that time of the morning, but I'd rather an analyst with contacts and juice to flow.

Anyway, let's not get blown out please.

How does McGuire have zero sources? He's talking to players/gms/coaches around the league on a daily basis. He comes on in the morning to offer some insight and analysis on the teams/ games, not to speculate about injuries or to stir up trade rumors.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He's got good insight sometimes but the NHL can do no wrong according to him

I think he said the goal clearly over the red line in San Jose that was waved off was the right call...

His judgment is sometimes bottom 10 at best

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Kucherov gonna rip this team a new one. 5 point night for him incoming.
Jmp1Q_f-maxage-0.gif

Reactions: Beville

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Harpur might be in for Phaneuf(personal), Dumont did not make trip, Smith's injury is different than the last one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad