Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
You best believe it!

$(KGrHqYOKpEE5ZHm1DS,BOlrb9w5tQ~~60_57.gif vs :bolts

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tampa would be a good model to follow. Yzerman didn't panic and wipe his team out last year. they had some bad luck, major injuries to key players, bad goaltending. He kept the coach, played some younger guys who are playing well this year, and they have better goaltending. I don't see why we cannot do the same next year.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tampa would be a good model to follow. Yzerman didn't panic and wipe his team out last year. they had some bad luck, major injuries to key players, bad goaltending. He kept the coach, played some younger guys who are playing well this year, and they have better goaltending. I don't see why we cannot do the same next year.
Well our goaltending situation is locked in for 2 years beyond this one. They have a coach who's known for player development and using his young players. Improving via youth isn't an option while Boucher is employed. Their season was derailed by injuries and that was obvious. Everyone knew they were a cup contender. The Sens have done pretty well in the injury department. We've only lost some depth defensemen. There's no reinforcements on the horizon or better goaltending.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I thought Nick Paul had a good game Tueaday, used his size well. Hoping he stays in and they scratch Burrows to give Chlapik a look.

Either way, I’m ready to watch Phaneuf-Ceci deployed against the Kucherov line all night

Reactions: Alex1234

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought Nick Paul had a good game Tueaday, used his size well. Hoping he stays in and they scratch Burrows to give Chlapik a look.

Either way, I’m ready to watch Phaneuf-Ceci deployed against the Kucherov line all night

I’m thinking they called up Chlapik to counter TB’s speed. Not only do they have a lot of fast players but they play fast as well. Right now I’m assuming Paul and Chlapik will be in but who knows.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hope at least we take notes of how they play while we get dismantled

They are a very very good team

And we are ... well ...

We are what we are

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Trap game win inbound to confuse management into thinking we have a chance.

Thankfully with the roster freeze, we lose the rest of the holiday games to bring expectations back to tanking, before we trade away our future to push up to 17th place

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We are committed to a two year window right now. We can't throw everything out because of a bad streak. We should slowly start grooming the younger players as the season progresses and have another go next year. If we fall flat next year, then maybe look at blowing it up.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad