Post-Game Talk: Sens @ SpezzaStars - 1/13/15 - the No Tank Talk Edition

Macca

Oct 7, 2009
The team needs to decide whether we are actually going for the playoffs or whether we are developing players. If you want to win games you need to be playing Andy as much as possible. Look at Holtby, the guy has started something like 25 games in a row.

This team better decide now they won't make the playoffs. Keep developing the young prospects and hope for a lottery pick, that would be my strategy at his point. If the Sens trade prospects or draft picks for an aging free agent I will be royally pissed off!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If you are talking about the late in the period Klingberg goal, I thought that was Legwand who was late coming back in due to being lazy.

Yeah, looked again, it was Legwand. Apologies to Turris - 100% on Legwand and 100% preventable with nothing more than effort.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, looked again, it was Legwand. Apologies to Turris - 100% on Legwand and 100% preventable with nothing more than effort.

Yeah, ok. I wasn't sure either, but I thought it was Legwand.

This is not the first time our "shutdown" center has done this. These kind of plays really piss me off.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I knew this goaltending trouble was going to start after Anderson was pulled vs Colorado.

Here's what should have happened.

Anderson plays vs Philly and Colorado (doesn't get pulled), then Lehner plays versus Arizona (weakest team on the road trip and worst offence by FAR), then Anderson takes Dallas and MTL games.

Because Andy was pulled when he shouldn't have been we ended up having to play him vs ARZ and then he sits Dallas so Lehner gets a game. Personally, that falls upon coaching to me.

The team needs to decide whether we are actually going for the playoffs or whether we are developing players. If you want to win games you need to be playing Andy as much as possible. Look at Holtby, the guy has started something like 25 games in a row.

Agreed. Coaching staff made a similar mistake last year when Andy was injured. Lehner was hot, was #1 star of the week, brought us back to 500 for the first time of the season and they gave the net to Andy. Andy took forever to get back into form, Lehner got cold and we kept losing.

If we're going to accept that we're going to miss out on the playoffs and develop, then we should trade Andy and give the net to Lehner. Lehner will never be ready by playing once a week.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed. Coaching staff made a similar mistake last year when Andy was injured. Lehner was hot, was #1 star of the week, brought us back to 500 for the first time of the season and they gave the net to Andy. Andy took forever to get back into form, Lehner got cold and we kept losing.

If we're going to accept that we're going to miss out on the playoffs and develop, then we should trade Andy and give the net to Lehner. Lehner will never be ready by playing once a week.

They started Lehner against Dallas because they wanted to treat Dal and Mtl like back to backs. When you consider the late start, travel time and change of time zones, these games approach the same feel as a back to back.

Good decision imo, it's not like Dallas is that much better than Arizona tbh and we lost by 1 goal in a game where imo the forwards (defensively) left Lehner out to dry on more than one occasion. A better fate was probably deserved even with Lehner's poor performance.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
They started Lehner against Dallas because they wanted to treat Dal and Mtl like back to backs. When you consider the late start, travel time and change of time zones, these games approach the same feel as a back to back.

Good decision imo, it's not like Dallas is that much better than Arizona tbh and we lost by 1 goal in a game where imo the forwards (defensively) left Lehner out to dry on more than one occasion. A better fate was probably deserved even with Lehner's poor performance.

That 1 hr time zone difference on the Sens is killing them. ha-ha

go sens go

Othello*

My god Legwand on that goal. It's a real shame you have rookie Ceci skating like the wind to catch up and veteran Legwand gliding smh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad