Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Cole Schneider to 2 year contract

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
cole_schneider.jpg

Elite release.

6 pts vs. the ****ing United States Air Force??

This kid is going to be a gem.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

#BSens expect Cole Schneider to join them sometime next week on ATO.

Don't know specifics of his contract with #Sens yet.

Via Joy.....

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Little perplexed why its just an ATO right now. Would it be because we do not want to burn off an ELC year?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Here's what Senators Assistant General Manager Tim Murray, who oversees the B-Sens, had to say about the signing:

"He's a skilled left winger. He has good hands. He's a tall kid, 6-2. Obviously has to get stronger, but ... we saw him night after night at UConn, and he was the best player there. We just like his skill set, and we think he brings an offensive dimension to our team down the road. He'll sign an ATO, go to Binghamton on Monday and start practicing Tuesday morning. And he signed a two-year entry-level contract starting in the 2012-2013 season. We had our guys identify him early in the year, and then we followed up on him a couple times in the last couple months here and watched him play a lot, and just liked what we saw."

Via Joy Lindsay

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Here's what Senators Assistant General Manager Tim Murray, who oversees the B-Sens, had to say about the signing:

"He's a skilled left winger. He has good hands. He's a tall kid, 6-2. Obviously has to get stronger, but ... we saw him night after night at UConn, and he was the best player there. We just like his skill set, and we think he brings an offensive dimension to our team down the road. He'll sign an ATO, go to Binghamton on Monday and start practicing Tuesday morning. And he signed a two-year entry-level contract starting in the 2012-2013 season. We had our guys identify him early in the year, and then we followed up on him a couple times in the last couple months here and watched him play a lot, and just liked what we saw."

Via Joy Lindsay

I would also add that IMO, he was the best player in Atlantic Hockey this season and probably the best player that didn't play in the top four NCAA conferences (CCHA, WCHA, Hockey East and the ECAC).

UConn will certainly miss him, but I wish Cole nothing but the best with the Sens. I hope you all will keep me posted on his progress. ;)

Proust: Don't sell the Air Force Academy short. They've got some great players on that squad. They made it to the NCAA Tournament in two of the last three years and could potentially do it again this year. In 2009, they came very close to making to the Frozen Four (NCAA Championship semi-finals and final) as well.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
LW depth is starting to look really competitive.

In addition to Greening, Klinkhammer, Foligno, Regin, Daugavins and maybe Winchester, we add Schneider to Silfverberg, Hoffman, Prince, Puempel, Costello, Culek, McCormick, Kramer, Cowick and Peltz.

Going to be a fabulous Camp next season and Bingo (if they renew) will be loaded as well.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Who cares, it's very unlikely he sees any NHL time at all in his career. He is a Bingo depth guy. That is all.

Pro scouts dont identify lifer AHLers early on in the year and then track him throughout the league with the Assisstant GM on multiple occassions in their sophmore year. If they actually beleived he is a lifetime AHLer they could have gotten him later.

The way I see it: He's a a 6'2 player with scoring ability in the NCAA. If he can get quicker and add weight in 2 years we got a player otherwise we got nothing and cost us nothing.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
LW depth is starting to look really competitive.

In addition to Greening, Klinkhammer, Foligno, Regin, Daugavins and maybe Winchester, we add Schneider to Silfverberg, Hoffman, Prince, Puempel, Costello, Culek, McCormick, Kramer, Cowick and Peltz.

Going to be a fabulous Camp next season and Bingo (if they renew) will be loaded as well.

You forgot Filatov & Dzuirzynski & Winchester plays C or RW.

Who cares, it's very unlikely he sees any NHL time at all in his career. He is a Bingo depth guy. That is all.

I doubt the Murray's need to sign any depth players for Bingo, they have plenty of prospects coming & plenty of players returning to Bingo. They signed this guy because they think he has the potential to be an NHL player down the road. They want to see how he does at the AHL level & then see if he can develop into an NHL player. Signing him for dpeth makes no sense for a team that will have too many players competing for jobs in Bingo next season.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
You are correct I did - I guess I got lost after 12 players.

Lots of LW depth for sure. Looking at the RW and C we could use a few more studs to match the Left side.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'll be glad if I'm wrong. Just don't see any reason to compare him to any of our top prospects and fitting into depth chart at this point.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Going through AHA top-10 scoring leaders over the past 10 years: several guys playing in ECHL, most were never signed to pro contracts. Only Cory Conacher is doing well on AHL level (and pretty good actually). He is 5.08 small, so it's unlikely he could crave out NHL career though.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Bruins fan/ UConn student here. Glad to see a kid get signed out of my school even if it is to a divisional rival. I really hope he pans out for you guys!

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I red Cory Schnedier first... :D

Good sign for you IMO. He will be support for Bingo and maybe.... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad