Confirmed with Link: Sens re-sign Prince

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Probably. That could easily be the "unseen" part of the Lehner deal, too.

Prince was a top AHL player last season at 22 years old.

Even in my most optimistic outlook, I just can't believe he would not be claimed by several other teams no named Buffalo... Toronto comes to mind given their need for forwards.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Prince was a top AHL player last season at 22 years old.

Even in my most optimistic outlook, I just can't believe he would not be claimed by several other teams no named Buffalo... Toronto comes to mind given their need for forwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little wink-wink, nudge-nudge there between Timmy and his uncle. Probably a case of giving the kid one more strong look in training camp, and if he isn't quite what the Sens feel is good enough, instead of keeping him on the big club (to hold onto him), letting him go through the waiver wire early for little Timmy.

Sens are well known for assembling a roster that has more to do with contracts than actual play.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little wink-wink, nudge-nudge there between Timmy and his uncle. Probably a case of giving the kid one more strong look in training camp, and if he isn't quite what the Sens feel is good enough, instead of keeping him on the big club (to hold onto him), letting him go through the waiver wire early for little Timmy.

Sens are well known for assembling a roster that has more to do with contracts than actual play.

nice hyperbole.

anyway re: Prince. Even Mike Hoffman passed through waivers before

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
That's not necessarily true. I think there is one spot for taking and both Prince and Puempel will be fighting for it. Waiver eligibility may win out in the decision making though since they are pretty close to each other. Personally I would pick Prince anyways as he's further along the way in terms of development.

I think that article is wrong, although it's always tricky figuring out waiver eligibility.

No question it isn't as clear as it could be!!!

The first part of the waiver clause states that a player (skater) that is 22 and is 3 years from signing an NHL contract is waiver exempt until they have played 70 NHL games.

The waiver clause states the first season in which a Player who is age 20 or older plays in one (1) or more Professional Games shall constitute the first year for calculating the number of years he is exempt from Regular Waivers.

For Players age 20 or older, Professional Games include NHL Games, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games, including but not limited to, play in European leagues when Player is on Loan to such club, and while Player is party to an SPC.

Note:
1. For purposes of this Article, a "year" of exemption shall mean a playing season.

Since Prince played his first Professional Game in 2012 and has played three (3) professional seasons since, it would appear Prince's waiver exemption ended at the expiration of his ELC which he signed July 1st, 2012.

Of course there may be some other part I missed, but it sure appears like Prince must be waived if he is sent to Binghamton.

Last edited:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
nice hyperbole.

anyway re: Prince. Even Mike Hoffman passed through waivers before

Hoffman was 24 years old, a player that hadn't got much of a look on two previous occasions and failed to make the Senators out of camp on his third attempt.

Considering a player claimed must be put on the team's roster, it is understandable why Hoffman passed through waivers.

Prince on the other hand is 22 years old, looked pretty good in his NHL debut and there are several GMs that are in rebuilding mode that would more than likely be willing to claim Prince and have him on their roster opening night - Buffalo and Toronto are definite candidates IMO.

Bottom line, the two circumstances aren't comparable.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Bryan is a hard nosed negotiator with plenty of integrity, I doubt very much the scenario you describe happened.

I bet Prince makes the team out of training camp.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Oh wait, forget it.

This is clearly the gif I'll be going with:

tumblr_m9da3wF5zl1rejjllo1_400.gif

What I was trying to find was a GIF of a scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, featuring Oscar winning thespian Kevin Costner.
Specifically a scene where he fires an arrow with such accuracy that he splits another arrow, much to the delight of Maid Marian.

Like this but in GIF format.
images

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
What I was trying to find was a GIF of a scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, featuring Oscar winning thespian Kevin Costner.
Specifically a scene where he fires an arrow with such accuracy that he splits another arrow, much to the delight of Maid Marian.

Like this but in GIF format.
images

Or go with her blowing in his ear ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad