Confirmed with Link: Sens re-sign Batherson to 6 year extension; 4.975 AAV

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd wager as significant of a longterm extension as Brady. Batherson has elite skills and contract can be a steal by year 2.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
This will take the Drake to 29 years old. We'll have had him for all but 1-2 years of his prime. And never have a cap hit of over $5M for any of it. Like this deal more and more the more I think about it.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Hard not to be happy with this one. If he's a 50+ point player next season, which is definitely possible, he'll be earning the contract right away. Growth beyond that means a big win for the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him producing enough to earn those higher salary years at the end of the contract before we get there either.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
technically 5 years because we always trade them in the last year but still very very happy with it.

Reactions: Loach

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good deal, bet on him improving but didn't pay more than comparable deals with similar term. The market was set by Farabee and Garland deals, would have been disappointing if we paid significantly more.

I was expecting a bridge deal but nothing to complain about, glad to have him locked up with some term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad