Proposal: Sens-Rangers

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
I'd say most Sens fans like Zuccarello, but the problem is we have Stone and Ryan on RW already. Plus, we finally have a solid top 4 on D. We wouldn't be looking for Klein. The trade simply doesn't do anything to improve Ottawa.

While I can point out that Zucc can play either wing effectively, it makes sense for OTT to pass if it doesn't fill team needs. Zucc is a fan favorite in NY as well - I would think hard and probably take the deal if it was ever offered but don't mind keeping Zucc and looking elsewhere for RHD if it doesn't work for both sides

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Zucc plays LW with equal aplomb....

We have Hoff, MacArthur and Puempel on LW. Ryan also has the ability to flip to LW.

Granted, not as deep as RW, but still good enough that we don't need to sacrifice Ceci and futures. Young, solid RDs are just too valuable a piece to give up for a 'luxury' style trade.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens don't even think twice about this. Ceci is a top 4 D at 22, a 1st and 2nd are big pieces, and Perron is a high level prospect (winning QMJHL regular and playoff MVP at 19).

Zucc is great, but not at the cost of all this. Sens don't need Zucc, he would be a surplus addition. I definitely would want Zucc, but he isn't needed.

This.

Gosh, I don't even think I would do that for Ceci + 2nd (because we don't NEED Zuccarello)

Adding a 1st and Perron (which is my favorite prospect) makes it repulsive.

Zuccarello is cool and everything but he is going to be 29 while Ceci is 22... He is also very small and we have too many skilled players who aren't very tough (Hoffman, Turris, Karlsson,...)

Klein is soon going to be 32 y/o too.

The Sens have been going into a BIG youth movement the last 5 years. They're not interested in doing the opposite with this trade. Even if they did, you'd have to remove Perron and the first and find a piece a lot less valuable

Maybe they'd be interested in Zuccarello for Hoffman and Claesson/Robinson

Ceci is going to stay in Ottawa long term.

Also, trading Zuccarello leaves a gigantic hole in front for the Rangers

To the sens: Mats Zuccarello, and kelvin klein

To rangers: Cody Ceci, 2017 1st round pick(top 10 protected, becomes a 2018 unprotected pick sens finish in the top 10), 2018 2nd and Francis perron

Sens 2016/2017

hoffman-zibb-zucc
macarthur-turris-stone
smith/white-pageau-ryan
white/smith-kelly-lazar

methot-karlsson
phaneuf-klein
chabot-wideman

anderson

all this to have Bobby Ryan playing on the 3rd line? :laugh:

Goodness you guys are overvaluing a 20 year old's QMJHL season on the league's best team.. Don't get me wrong, Perron is good but please don't act like he is the one to make or break this trade (no, he is not better than White)

Perron is only 6 months older than Timo Meier (9th Overall Pick in 2015) and was far and away better all season long, and playoffs. (both MVPs). Perron is nobody only because he is a Sens prospect and was a 7th round pick. If he was a Habs prospect, he'd be all over HF

Counter proposal:

C. Lazar/N. Paul, 2nd, Mark Borowiecki

for

K. Klein

Pass. Not interested in giving up Paul (or even Lazar) and a 2nd for Klein that would play on the 3rd pair...

NYR would never do this.

Zucc is worth more than this by himself, let alone with a #4D on a sweetheart contract.

I should come to this part of HF more often because I need the free laughs, way too much stress.

If Zuccarello is worth all this by himself IMAGINE what Taylor Hall would be worth! :amazed:

Ceci + 1st + 2nd + Perron + Chabot probablyand that would be a sweetheart deal for the Sens! The kind of hard to pass!

HF :heart: :popcorn:

Last edited:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Depends if you are only basing this comment on him playing with two non nhl calibre defenders,which he has been saddled with since he was a rookie .Or maybe watch how he plays with an actual nhl defender.He is far better than you think

I've watched him play and looked at his stats and don't like him as a player. Fin.

English is obviously not your first language so maybe stay away from trying to sound clever...its not working.

????? relevance?

How often have you watched Ceci play? Saying he "sucks" and "isnt good" really takes away from your credibility.

Maybe not what the Rangers fans are looking for but he is a legit top 4 defender in the greatest hockey league in the world.

Why do you care so much about my opinion lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad