Sens Players Mocking Coaching On Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Stop comparing professional athletes that are paid millions to represent a team professionally to whatever it is you do for daily work.

They're trashing the team in front of a complete stranger and this is inexcusable behavior.

We all know this **** happens in private. The issue is how they represent the team outside of those private moments.

Boucher lost the room last season. He has got to go. Now.

Did the guys ever utter the words Boucher? The only thing I saw them trash talk was the PK and one of the assistant coaches.

Reactions: hockey07278771

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
To me, it just sounds like young, frustrated players venting. Part of venting, people grab at low hanging fruit use that to take cheap shots at authority figures, fairly or unfairly. When things don't go well, kids lash out at their parents, their teachers, their boyscout leaders, etc.

Honestly, my take from this is who ever released this video is a an absolute *****e.

If someone offered you $$ to release the video. would you do it? I would in a heartbeat. Specially it's seems to be a legal move

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wow.. just wow.
These players should be ashamed of themselves. Griping in private is one thing but doing it in public where a non-team member can hear you is inexcusable. These guys in the cab deserve to be booed every time they set foot on the ice. I feel sorry for Sens fans.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Man, terrible invasion of privacy and obviously this happens with every player on every team. But Duchene going from circus to circus and now this video of him blaming the coaches and saying he hasn't paid attention in 3 weeks around some of the Sens young guns... Wonder how many teams this scares off paying him or trading for him.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I cant even imagine a video leaking of me and my coworkers ripping our boss , 2018 is scary

Always keep your mouth shut when these types of conversations happen. Even if there's no video, the words are bound to get back to the guy getting talked about.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I don’t really have a huge issue with what these guys said. Everyone says “my boss is this, my coworker is that” behind closed doors. That it was being recorded and posted to the Internet by some slimy Uber driver doesn’t make it inappropriate for the setting they were in, just reeeeally bad PR.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
as many have said, this is normal and really isn't a big deal. I expect a completely irrational knee-jerk reaction from Melnyk though

It happening is normal, it becoming public is not. And that changes things. There’s things that can happen behind closed doors that can’t play the same in the open

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Every team in the league has something like this going on all the time. Unfortunate they got caught, but its part of this new world we're living in. You're always under the microscope. I don't mind anything they say, and it's a little sleazy for the driver to profit off it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Goes to show how players just do what the coaches want so they stop bitching. People act like the system and style a coach implements is a small aspect of the game and that players are the ones who do everything.

It's tic tac toe game to avoid a coach from bitching.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Holy crap thats bad. It sure does bring down duchenes value and the amount of team who will go after him.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Wow.. just wow.
These players should be ashamed of themselves. Griping in private is one thing but doing it in public where a non-team member can hear you is inexcusable. These guys in the cab deserve to be booed every time they set foot on the ice. I feel sorry for Sens fans.

That would require people to actually attend the games.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
There has to be some sort of response or follow up to this from sens coaching/management.

...so it looks like we'll be "zero days since last sens incident" for the next few days ;)

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
as many have said, this is normal and really isn't a big deal. I expect a completely irrational knee-jerk reaction from Melnyk though
I don't really agree. Players saying they dont listen to their coach? I highly doubt there are many NHL players bragging that they've turned out their coaches.

If I'm a GM I wouldn't offer duchene league min contract.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
What manager is going to want to add Duchene after this? I haven’t paid attention in three weeks. Really???? You’re not good enough to have that kind of attitude.

Reactions: Oryxo

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You do have to take a minute to appreciate the candidness that we never get even with other sports. Obviously shitty thing and all to do from the Uber driver (why were they not taking a cab btw they're rich) but for us fans, kind of a neat behind the scenes look. And I'm sure every single team has guys that shit on their boss/coach at some point.

This goes back to what I said at one point. Coaches are only responsible for a certain percentage of success or failure. Yes, they implement the X's and O's and set up the team, at the end of the day however it's the players who either execute or don't execute.

This video is literally proving the exact opposite of what you're saying. The players are talking about how shitty their special teams system are and the players are bound to that system.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
How many days since a sens incident ?
tenor.gif

Reactions: dukeofjive

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Why feel bad for the players? They lambasted a coach and a team in public and got filmed.

Bad luck for them to get filmed but people acting like they were wronged is nonsense.

Well you said it... they got filmed unknowingly. They were wronged. There should be some of professional integrity that the Uber drive should be maintaining.

As a professional and someone providing a service to a client, I can't go around and publicly disclose what they are saying to me, what I overhear, or the information provided to me.

What enters the cab should stay in the cab unless it has legal reasoning to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad