Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Pens

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
The Penguins have only given up a point at home 7 times this season (27 games). Take it and run. Anderson was great.

If Spezza can't make that play with his body, he shouldn't be playing. If he can, but chose not to, he needs to start now.

It's a bad time for all of our top offensive players to be slumping. :(

It's like they've all forgotten how to spell intensity.

Too soon?

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
hmm funny cause i see Dacosta playing limited mins and scoring goals.

Zibanejad is being used perfectly

No, he is not being used perfectly because he is not playing centre where he is much more effective as a player. You can spin it all you want but you will never convince me that Spezza has been more effective at centre this year than Zibanejad......I am a huge Spezza fan and it pains me to say this but I am also realistic. Spezza at this moment is being carried defensively by his linemates.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Where did anyone say Spezza was as good as Crosby or Malkin? One hell of a reach is making things up to try and push a point (which you do fairly consistently).

Cut the pity party and deflections. I never said you directly claimed Spezza was equal to them, I said it was a hell of a reach to put Spezza anywhere near those two.

Anyone else notice how much Crosby and Malkin were cheating over their own blueline? Anyone notice how their team was actually capable of getting the puck up and to them consistently?

Top offensive players tend to play that way. Crosby and Malkin are both better than Spezza, but Malkin especially plays a similar game. They are, of course, on vastly different teams.

Also I hope Da Costa is here to stay. So good. Too bad he can't buy icetime.

You were basically subtly hitching up Spezza's wagon to Crosby and Malkin; but oh, the big difference is the teams they're on. ok. :shakehead

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Malkin and Adams dive's were pretty shameful! Malkin's especially is like a big middle finger to the Sens from the league, and you knew a goal was for sure coming because that's how this team works! Malkin's like hey Ceci this is how you do it, gotta stay down roll around for a bit then pop up and get set for the PP.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Malkin and Adams dive's were pretty shameful! Malkin's especially is like a big middle finger to the Sens from the league, and you knew a goal was for sure coming because that's how this team works! Malkin's like hey Ceci this is how you do it, gotta stay down roll around for a bit then pop up and get set for the PP.

....and the damned refs always take the bait for the Pens. I guess referees in this league like looking like idiots. :dunno:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
important point, it was an enjoyable game

also please tell me SDC play wasn't an illusion. that guy might just have an NHL career.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cut the pity party and deflections. I never said you directly claimed Spezza was equal to them, I said it was a hell of a reach to put Spezza anywhere near those two.

Where is there a 'pity party' or 'deflections' anywhere in there? Again, who was claiming that Spezza was 'anywhere near those two'? Your posts don't even make sense half the time, and you are constantly making things up to suit your argument. Internet I guess.

However:

2004 to 2012

1 - Crosby 1.40 p/g
2 - Ovechkin 1.23 p/g
3 - Malkin 1.23 p/g
4 - Thornton 1.16 p/g
5 - Spezza 1.09 p/g

That's among all players in the NHL (and for what it's worth, it equates to about a difference of 10 points per 82 games extra for Malkin). But yeah, comparing Spezza to Malkin is like comparing you to Karlsson.

You were basically subtly hitching up Spezza's wagon to Crosby and Malkin; but oh, the big difference is the teams they're on. ok. :shakehead

If you don't see the difference in the teams that they're on I can't help you. Spezza isn't as good as either of them (especially this season) but they are not defensive minded players and often cheat out of their own zone, and coast or leave the zone early. There is a huge difference in the level of success their team has at maintaining puck possession, defensive coverage, giveaways and getting out of the zone though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad