Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Pens

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wow you really like to put words into people's thoughts just to try and prove your point. If you want me to dumb it down to you I can? How many minutes was Zibanejad's line getting when Spezza was playing with Stone?

hmm funny cause i see Dacosta playing limited mins and scoring goals.

Zibanejad is being used perfectly

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I've been impressed by DaCosta this time around. After his early stint at the start of the year I figured he would wash out without ever cracking the roster. He may be earning the right to stick around for a bit. It would suck though if we have to send him down for roster spot reasons when Stone is healthy (not sure where we are at ATM).

I've been impressed by SDC too, but I would prefer that BM trade Conacher & Condra plus whatever to bring in a forward to play with Spezza. SDC could play with Stone & either Michalek or Zibanejad whoever is kicked off Spezza's line. SDC has some good hockey smarts & although he is small he is offensively better than either Conacher or Condra.

WhiteLight*

We MAK you are delusional!

Dude, i gave you that Gryba was better defensively. Gryba was a being healthy scratched not too long ago while Murray decided a top 4 D was no longer necessary because Ceci was added.

Ceci > Gryba, all around. No brainer

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Dude, i gave you that Gryba was better defensively. Gryba was a being healthy scratched not too long ago while Murray decided a top 4 D was no longer necessary because Ceci was added.

Ceci > Gryba, all around. No brainer

How many PPG has Ceci got?

Goals on for per 60
Goals against per 60.

Just take of the blinders and look it it. the fact you have an obvious dislike for the guy clouds your judgement.

Frank Moses

Feb 3, 2014
I've been impressed by SDC too, but I would prefer that BM trade Conacher & Condra plus whatever to bring in a forward to play with Spezza. SDC could play with Stone & either Michalek or Zibanejad whoever is kicked off Spezza's line. SDC has some good hockey smarts & although he is small he is offensively better than either Conacher or Condra.

I would hang on to Condra. He is a valuable defensive forward who has good puck possession skills on a cheap contract. Chris Kelly version 2.0.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

Yeah, I would love to see a trade to free up some room for SDC too. I did not bring that option up because BM said there is currently nothing in the works, and Stone may be back as early as Thurs. It could be a scenario where he is sent down for a while (plus Olympic break) and then brought back up later.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Alright, time for the Prince's input.

Spezza was brutal, lmao, yo honest to God on my life, if he sucks defensively I do not care, the guy blows offensively. What a joke.

Check out these botched plays:

1st period: 2:16, 1:10
2nd period: 15:50 (2 brutal efforts/plays), 10:14 HE IS NO WHERE NEAR DEFENSIVE ZONE... then when the puck comes up ice(note, he is literally cherry-picking on their blueline), HE DOESN'T EVEN TRY TO HANDLE IT LOOOOOOOOOL.
3rd period: 18:00, 3:47.

Spezza finished -1 with 0 shots. Zibanejad was so much more noticeable. The examples I offered above where literally horrible passes or very easy missed passes that could have led to premium scoring chance.

The one good thing I remember him doing all night was the pass to Zibanejad... and that's after Zibanejad stripped it, passed it, drove the net and almost scored.

What a joke. Again, I don't care if Spezza doesn't want to try defensively but the guy butchers the simplest of offensive chances because he wants to make the cooler play.

Now...

Anderson was amazing. The guy was in the zone, I think he wanted to take credibility and responsibility for the words he said and backed it up to show his importance. He stole us the extra point.

Karlsson was noticeably much better but made some ill-adviced plays that we saw early in the season from him.

DaCosta was our best player and finished with 9 minutes. Lmaooo while Spezza got 19.

Gryba and Methot are becoming a force shutdown pair like they were last year. Cowen becoming much better but his pivots make me want to cry.

Michalek had a better game but poor guy he just isn't good anymore. Ryan was very quiet..

Turris has really evolved his game huge he usually goes missing in games with bigger offensive talents but he was created chances out of thin air like usual. Love his play.

All-in-all much better effort, team bent in 3rd period but didn't break.

I can know see Murray's desires to find an extra winger.

WhiteLight*

OHH that important. Cowen has more you fool does it make him better than Ceci. Gryba had more ice time tonight so by your logic he was better.

cool one game doesn't define a player. Cowen is LD and doesn't compete with Ceci for ice, genius

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I think he's being used properly. Limit his minutes and you won't put too much pressure on him nor overexpose him.

Ya but its so painful to watch such a successful line not play much while the other lines weren't doing much.

They deserved to be rewarded. Da Costa has the 3 of 4 goals in the last 2 games hes been in...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ya but its so painful to watch such a successful line not play much while the other lines weren't doing much.

They deserved to be rewarded. Da Costa has the 3 of 4 goals in the last 2 games hes been in...

That pass he made to Cowen was shades of brilliance. How he spotted him through 5 bodies and layed a perfect sauce.

The his defensive play on Crosby and his other see through passes like the one to Cowen streaming in late in delayed 3on2 rush.

I can't wait till DaCosta gets more room to use his slap-shot. People will be amazed how much it has improved.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Irrelevant

Ceci is still averaging more ice time per game than Gryba despite this one. Beat that

Wait, you're saying Ceci is a better 2-way player, but then also say that this is irrelevant to gauge this.

And this, after spending the better part of the last 4-5 pages of this thread saying that you "gotta score to win"... and yet this is irrelevant?

... and then your "trump card" is less than a minute of difference in total ice time per game?

... Look, obviously Ceci has a much brighter future than Gryba. Anyone can see that... but in this particular argument, you're digging your own hole.

WhiteLight*

Wait, you're saying Ceci is a better 2-way player, but then also say that this is irrelevant to gauge this.

And this, after spending the better part of the last 4-5 pages of this thread saying that you "gotta score to win"... and yet this is irrelevant?

... and then your "trump card" is less than a minute of difference in total ice time per game?

... Look, obviously Ceci has a much brighter future than Gryba. Anyone can see that... but in this particular argument, you're digging your own hole.

Ceci should get more even strength ice time than Gryba (especially 4-on-4 and OT where Gryba can get exposed). Yes power play goals are irrelevant for this

Despite MacLean bias against young players, Ceci is still averaging more ice. That says something

WhiteLight*

I'm arguing with the information you're giving me, and quite frankly, you're giving me nothing here.

I said Ceci is a better all around D than Gryba and should get more ice time.

He says how many power play goals does Ceci have. ???
Irrelevant. Why are power play goals suddenly the ultimate measure of all around play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad