Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That Batherson feed on Kelly's tap in yesterday was so Spezza-esque.

Just beautiful. I hope he's back to his 21-22 form. Looks like he's feeling it so far.

Reactions: gab6511

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If Norris is not playing today, I say blow the team up. Trade Brady and Timmy for futures; trade Giroux at the deadline with Chychrun; I'd even take less of a return and toss in Joseph. We should also buy out Korpisalo this off-season and maybe Chabot if there are no takers, but I would consider keeping Chabot because we need to get to the cap floor.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
IMG_1006.png

Should be fun.

Last game against the Pens the Joseph brothers high sticked each other in the same play (that’s what the refs called at least)

Reactions: DrEasy

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
The contract matters because Dorion decided to invest a ton in a player who had serious and known risk attached to him.

It was a bad move in that it was easy to avoid. It may end up fine if Norris' shoulder holds up, it is possible, but it seems less and less likely.

I suppose LTIR'ing him means we'll be able to fit Pinto in but it also means we are down a top 6 c.
If Norris is healthy he has a fair contract at sub $8M for a + - 40 goal two way top line C. If he isn't healthy he is on LTIR and has zero implication on our cap and we don't need to waste any brain cells worrying about what he is paid.

I don't understand the issue unless you're suggesting we should have hard balled a top line C into taking + - $500k less. We weren't getting him at a discount and again, if he's playing he's worth every bit of his contract, if he isn't it shouldn't matter one iota to you or I because he isn't going against the cap.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh sht. EK65 is playing. Good night.

Either way, the problems with our lineup are Tarasenko and kubalik and chychrun not on the right side.

Should be
Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko
Tkachuk-Greig-Batherson
Joseph-Chartier-Kubalik

Chabot-Chychrun

What we have right now is totally dumb compared to this. I get it’s preseason and gotta try out all the options but this is wasting time and border line moronic.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
That wouldn't do anything, and there is no way they want him on LTIR until Nov 8th if he would be ready anytime before that.
Yes it would. The Sens could sign Pinto and have a month to figure out the cap situation going forward.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes it would. The Sens could sign Pinto and have a month to figure out the cap situation going forward.
Going on IR doesn't give you any cap relief.

Putting him on LTIR until Nov 8th, is not something the Sens will be doing if they expect him to be playing anytime in the next few weeks. They need to get off to a good start.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Oh sht. EK65 is playing. Good night.

Either way, the problems with our lineup are Tarasenko and kubalik and chychrun not on the right side.

Should be
Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko
Tkachuk-Greig-Batherson
Joseph-Chartier-Kubalik

Chabot-Chychrun

What we have right now is totally dumb compared to this. I get it’s preseason and gotta try out all the options but this is wasting time and border line moronic.
Of course the coaches and the players haven't spoken about this at all and were waiting for you to tell them what to do. :shakehead

Reactions: Icelevel

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If Norris is not playing today, I say blow the team up. Trade Brady and Timmy for futures; trade Giroux at the deadline with Chychrun; I'd even take less of a return and toss in Joseph. We should also buy out Korpisalo this off-season and maybe Chabot if there are no takers, but I would consider keeping Chabot because we need to get to the cap floor.
Put it all in crypto

If Norris is healthy he has a fair contract at sub $8M for a + - 40 goal two way top line C. If he isn't healthy he is on LTIR and has zero implication on our cap and we don't need to waste any brain cells worrying about what he is paid.

I don't understand the issue unless you're suggesting we should have hard balled a top line C into taking + - $500k less. We weren't getting him at a discount and again, if he's playing he's worth every bit of his contract, if he isn't it shouldn't matter one iota to you or I because he isn't going against the cap.
My beef is that not everyone can be signed to 8x8 deals. Norris was a prime candidate to not get such a deal because of his very concerning and very recent injury history.

Maybe if we bridge him we don't get cap screwed and have Pinto in the line-up. Who knows? We do know Dorion has a terrible track record when it comes to high risk moves like trading for Brassard, Duchene or Debrincat or signing Murray and the list goes on.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Going on IR doesn't give you any cap relief.

Putting him on LTIR until Nov 8th, is not something the Sens will be doing if they expect him to be playing anytime in the next few weeks. They need to get off to a good start.
Wrong!
LTIR is a mechanism that allows teams to place players who are injured and expected to miss a significant amount of time on a special reserve list. By placing a player on LTIR, the team gains relief from the player's salary cap hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wrong!
LTIR is a mechanism that allows teams to place players who are injured and expected to miss a significant amount of time on a special reserve list. By placing a player on LTIR, the team gains relief from the player's salary cap hit.
Yes, I understand what LTIR is,

IR, which I was responding to, along with sharing why LTIR won't be in the Sens best interest, has no cap implications

Reactions: PlayersLtd

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
OK. But him playing today isn't any surprise. That update was provided last Thursday, so this hand-wringing seems a bit self-indulgent today.
It isn't about it being surprising, it is about a worrying trend of "oh he'll play soon, everything is fine" and it being continously put off.

Reactions: PatrickEaves

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Put it all in crypto
I have never advised anyone to "put it all in" on crypto. I have suggested people invest a small percentage in Bitcoin. I myself have the majority of my net worth in Bitcoin, but my risk tolerance and life are different from most people. That said, Bitcoin to the moon just in time for the Sens to moon.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have never advised anyone to "put it all in" on crypto. I have suggested people invest a small percentage in Bitcoin. I myself have the majority of my net worth in Bitcoin, but my risk tolerance and life are different from most people. That said, Bitcoin to the moon just in time for the Sens to moon.
So the same way that I said Norris not playing is now very worrying rather than say the team is now hopelessly screwed?

Reactions: PatrickEaves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad