Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Penguins Feb. 3 (7 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 1m
MacLean confirms Da Costa in, Kassian out, Anderson starts and Phillips will NOT be joining the team in St Louis. May play vs Buffalo

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 1h
Les trios: Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Greening-Smith-Neil, Conacher-Da Costa-Condra. Stone extra. #Sens

Les duos: Cowen-Karlsson, Méthot-Gryba, Wiercioch-Ceci, Kassian-Corvo. #Sens

<3 co-co-co line
Now need Cowen-Corvo defensive pairing.

Frank Moses

Feb 3, 2014
I don't understand why Maclean insists on having Mika play as a winger. He's clearly not very effective in that role. Oh well, at least DaCosta is back in.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Les trios: Michalek-Spezza-Zibanejad, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Greening-Smith-Neil, Conacher-Da Costa-Condra. Stone extra. #Sens

Les duos: Cowen-Karlsson, Méthot-Gryba, Wiercioch-Ceci, Kassian-Corvo. #Sens

<3 co-co-co line
Now need Cowen-Corvo defensive pairing.

So Kassian has suddenly become a defenseman?

BigBush*

I don't understand why Maclean insists on having Mika play as a winger. He's clearly not very effective in that role. Oh well, at least DaCosta is back in.

Because while Zib is a better center, he's to good to be on the 4th line. With Spezza as the #2C, Zib has to be on his wing so that he's in the top 6 and getting decent even strength minutes

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Zibanejad continues to get winger action. Amazing

Although I agree, I think it may be to showcase daCosta a little more. If any player is trade bate it's him.

Saying that who really knows, Mac has continued to make odd choices this year. His thought process is perplexing to say the least

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Glad that Andy is starting. Unfortunately Pitt will shred Ottawa's defense but Maclean is sending a message that this will not be a walkover.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I can't understand why anyone would be shocked that Andy is starting. He will get the game tonight, and Lehner will get the start tomorrow. It is about as shocking as the sun rising in the East, or politicians getting caught in a lie.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can't understand why anyone would be shocked that Andy is starting. He will get the game tonight, and Lehner will get the start tomorrow. It is about as shocking as the sun rising in the East, or politicians getting caught in a lie.

The sun rises in the east? Since when? :amazed:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Zibbby is in a better spot playing at spezza's wing then centering Milo, and another low scoring forward, stop complaining folks,

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
I wanna see the Kassian/Corvo pairing during the game. Perfect blend of Kassian and Corvo.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wanna see the Kassian/Corvo pairing during the game. Perfect blend of Kassian and Corvo.

I feel there would be some synergy, both thinking the game completely different than anyone else on the ice, maybe anyone else to ever play hockey

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Zibbby is in a better spot playing at spezza's wing then centering Milo, and another low scoring forward, stop complaining folks,

So its better for him to play worse in an uncomfortable position than better in a comfortable position?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So its better for him to play worse in an uncomfortable position than better in a comfortable position?

I would argue it is so long it becomes a net positive for the team.

Whether or not it is a net positive is up for debate.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
having a glut of centers, this is something we should start getting used to. Zibanejad automatically makes Spezza's line better.

I love that statement it is Zibby making Spezza better and not the other way around... and its true. zibby carries that line defensively and does all the hard work that is making Spezza look a little less ****** lately....but even Zibby couldn't cover up for his garbage play last game.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
862-4-dibujo-con-el-numero-1-para-pintar.jpg%3F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad