Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Penguins Feb. 3 (7 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
toronto didnt gain momentum from the fight. THey gained momentum from us taking stupid penalties.

Toronto has the best home powerplay in the league. They will obviously feel really confident when ottawa keeps heading to the box

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Hopefully Crosby is focused on the Olympics.

...seems like it with the way he's been playing lately.

Last time, we played a perfect game, but then again, Pittsburgh was very badly injured. Let's see how they do now.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You are right, Karlsson's defensive game has really taken a nose dive this year and is reflected in his plus minus rating. The Sens are going nowhere until Karlsson decides or is convinced to become more defensively responsible.

I would say, up to the end of 2013 you would be correct. Karlsson was horrible defensively from October til the end of December.

But, he is turning it around nicely and has made quite a few strong defensive plays lately.

The one area where he has trouble (still) is correctly covering the guy int eh slot. But along the boards, behind the net, and coming back into the zone and stopping the rush, he has been a lot better.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
If you start Lehner then you're really sending a message to the team and the fan base that you're just packing it in this game. I think PM will start Andy otherwise game will be over very quickly.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Lehner will be playing in back to back games, so I expect him to play tomorrow against St Louis. He also usually has very solid games against the Bruins, so I would not be surprised if Lehner got a start in our last game before the break. That one could go either way though.

Aside from back to backs and games against the Bruins, Andy is our guy and we will probably ride him to the end.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
If you start Lehner then you're really sending a message to the team and the fan base that you're just packing it in this game. I think PM will start Andy otherwise game will be over very quickly.

MacLean has been sending that message all year by playing a poor Anderson, making poor line-up changes and so on. Playing Lehner now is a sign you want to win. Too bad he's only doing it now instead of before.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
There's an awful lot of *****ing about Kassian in here.

Especially odd when you consider that CHRIS FREAKING NEIL was our offensive star last game.

Why blame a guy who did his job? He won his fight, and no it didn't give the Leafs a spark or swing momentum- we still got the next goal.

Anyway, hopefully we don't have to contend with refs tonight since the Pens are tough enough as is.

WhiteLight*

There's an awful lot of *****ing about Kassian in here.

Especially odd when you consider that CHRIS FREAKING NEIL was our offensive star last game.

Why blame a guy who did his job? He won his fight, and no it didn't give the Leafs a spark or swing momentum- we still got the next goal.

Anyway, hopefully we don't have to contend with refs tonight since the Pens are tough enough as is.

Because he played 1:30 and had a fight that lasted 3 seconds. What did he accomplish? How did he help the team?

You're complaining about Neil being the best offensive player. Maybe Da Costa could have produced some offense if he was in the lineup.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lehner needs to come in and ******* steal the job already. He's been just as mediocre as Anderson has been since his hot start ended with a three game win streak.

Both goalies have been really disappointing this year which is compounded by the fact that the guy we traded is doing really well in Tampa.

To Lehner: the organization picked you as the heir apparent. Find your ******* swagger, control your rebounds, STOP letting crap goals in from behind the goal line and start playing like the goalie you're expected to be.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Neil, Smith and Methot seem to be the only guys who seem to give a **** lately.

I guess Philly does too but he sucks too much now to make a big difference.

Neil for president :sarcasm:

SenatorArmy*

Let's be honest with what this team needs & that's to get away from being a budget team. No matter how good the pieces that we have are, we're always going to be an underdog to those who can afford to spend more & if we can spend wisely then all the better...because there's plenty of cap teams who just waste that money...(see Clarkson)

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Neil, Smith and Methot seem to be the only guys who seem to give a **** lately.

I guess Philly does too but he sucks too much now to make a big difference.

Neil for president :sarcasm:

Remember that all of Captain Spezza's closed door meetings amounted to nothing. It was when Neil shut the door and reamed the entire team out that they started to turn things around.

Personally, I'd rather follow the guy who shows up against our biggest rival than the guy who pulls a disappearing act any time we really need him.

And don't get me started on how EK suddenly plays like **** every time he sees a Leaf sweater too...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Remember that all of Captain Spezza's closed door meetings amounted to nothing. It was when Neil shut the door and reamed the entire team out that they started to turn things around.

Personally, I'd rather follow the guy who shows up against our biggest rival than the guy who pulls a disappearing act any time we really need him.

And don't get me started on how EK suddenly plays like **** every time he sees a Leaf sweater too...

I can't believe nobody has talked about this and nobody else saw it Saturday night.... Ottawa was flying and at center ice on a neutral zone play with Toronto gaining possession Lupul elbowed Karlsson in the head and it was right at center ice away from the play. You could see it clear as day on HNIC Karlsson's head snap back and he him talking to Lupul after. Lupul's a dirty baztard so no surprise here.

Toronto gained entry into the zone and put the puck into Karlsson's corner and he didn't even skate back to get it, by Cowen's reaction you knew even he was surprised Karlsson wasn't skating towards a loose puck.

I think that's why Karlsson only played 23 minutes, I think after that head shot by Lupul he sort of was in a bit of a fog for the rest of the period and game and certainly his minutes were reduced. He also played like a normal Dman, he looked very avaerage after the Lupul elbow

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
lehner will rot on the bench forever. excellent planning.

hopefully they come out flying cause that last game was embarrassing.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Hey look, more people pretending that Lehner has been anywhere approaching a starting goalie this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad