GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Sunday 6PM EDT | SNET-E, TVA-Sports

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Have to say, I'm unbelievably excited to see Anderson back in net. It's like Christmas all over again. I'm giddy. :D

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
All you haters are going to be eating crow when Regin scores today.

I would GLADLY eat a crow if it meant Regin scored. Two crows if Sens win.

If all it took to guarantee a Sens win was eating some crow, well then I'd be all:
eat-crow2.bmp

Milan the God*

it was a CBC/TSN game (can't remember which) and they dropped it. Something related to Crosby's return last season I believe? I am prob wrong :laugh:

Well, it was a Wednesday night game, so I'm guessing TSN had the rights for it. So you may be right.

And we suck on Sunday games. :(

5-1-1 last year on Sundays
1-1-2 this year on Sundays

This year the loses on Sunday's have been to Pittsburgh (so), Montreal and the Islanders (so). Should have taken the Islanders one, but the other two are understandable. Especially when you consider the Montreal one was the infamous Silfverberg "goaltender interference" call that had Montreal's newspapers with headlines thanking the refs :laugh:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We're stuck between a rock and a hard place with Lundin. Is Lundin good for our team? Maybe, but he's never gotten the chance to develop chemistry by playing many games in a row.

Benoit is a better option. Lundin might be slightly better in his own end at times but if we're carrying Lundin over Benoit, our 2nd PP unit D pairing is Phillips-Lundin. That is awful. Whatever few PP chances we get are half wasted with those two out there. Benoit can QB, gain the zone and shoot. I'll take him for that small role alone.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I'd take Benoit over Lundin on our team right now. If it was a fantasy draft and we were starting from scratch it might be different, but Benoit has been much better on the PP and seems to have better chemistry with Phillips and the forwards and a better sense of his role.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Why is everyone hating on Lundin when he had his best game as a sen so far last game?

Hes a bottom pairing defenseman through and through. If you expect more than that from him, prepare to continually be dissapointed.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Why is everyone hating on Lundin when he had his best game as a sen so far last game?

Hes a bottom pairing defenseman through and through. If you expect more than that from him, prepare to continually be dissapointed.

I'm not sure it's 'hating' to say you'd prefer Benoit in the line-up. Just a preference.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Great GDT! Anderson as a Jedi is slightly frightening. :laugh:

I've never understood the Lundin hate. He doesn't do anything outstandingly, but he's a safe player. He makes the smart play, even though it's often not the flashy one.

Anyways, go Sens go! A win here would go a long way towards derailing the panic train.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

He doesn't really bring an element we need though. This team struggles to produce goals and Lundin doesn't help that cause. We already have Methot, Gryba and Phillips as shut down guys and with Lundin in the line up, we're shifting one of our LD to the right side. Benoit is more comfortable than any of our other LD playing the right given he has considerable experience doing so. There's also the aspect that our offense generally runs through the defense. That hasn't changed since EK went down. Most of our best opportunities come when D either jump into the play or get shots through from the point. Benoit's skill set is just more useful in this system. He's not neccisarily the better player (I think he is) but he is the superior option.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I have no hatred of Lundin, but I'm happy he is out for no other reason than MacLean may be tempted to use him if he was on the bench. He will probably find a spot as a 5/6 on another team next year, which is great. But I just don't see winning very often if he gets a regular shift.

I'd much rather see BoroCop getting another shot and gaining some more NHL experience when Benoit sits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad