GDT: Sens @ NYI: Last minute edition - March 16, 2024 TSN5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly it feels like the Caps are gonna beat both the Isles and the Wings for that final WC spot. They're playing better than both right now and a few games in hand.
I was thinking the same thing, though the Flyers could fall out, and then one of the others could take that spot. Lots of time left

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How are the islanders in the hunt and were not
1710621130893.png

vs

1710621211514.png

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Couldn't watch this in real time today. quick pvr replay... bad 1st period...slow D getting back and awkward positioning by Korpisalo on the 2nd goal... ridiculous hooking call on Joseph leading to the tying goal...with 3 goals the captain continues to impress! The look on Patrick Roy's face after the winning goal...Priceless!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That kind of save % would shave off about 65 goals for us.
Not sure what you did with the math there but roughly

1800*.02=36.

So about half that.

But us have above average goaltending is more of a fantasy. We got it every other year from Anderson so maybe 4 or 5 seasons in the last 17 have we had above average goaltending??

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No they’re not. None of the teams battling for that last spot are.

And yet they're noticeably better than us.

Isn't it depressing?

I agree with the fact that this hasn't meant anything the past 4 years, but the boys are getting older now and the more and more they lose the more they're going to give up on the process. These wins mean more than the years prior but that's just my opinion.

They've always won when the pressure was off and it's done nothing to improve the team or give them confidence or teach them how to win.

They just go back to losing the next year again.

Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure what you did with the math there but roughly

1800*.02=36.

So about half that.

But us have above average goaltending is more of a fantasy. We got it every other year from Anderson so maybe 4 or 5 seasons in the last 17 have we had above average goaltending??
Yeah, looking at it I misread hockey db, and took saves as shots against when I multiplied by by the sh% vs NYI,

Should be about 42 when you include Sogaard's games too

As for getting above average sv% when we had Anderson, it was pretty much every second year, with the not above average years typically being right about average, at least until he started aging out. I don't think it's fantasy to aspire towards that, or something closer to that, nobody is asking for Lundqvist here.

10W, 7L at 4 loser pts since Roy took over ?
So they've played like a bubble team since Roy took over? That's a 94 pts, and the difference between Roy and Lambert is NYI pace under Lambert would have had the team go 9-7-5, one fewer pts over the same span. But of course this misses the point that was being made, how does a team that plays like the NYI get that record, and the answer to that question has little to do with Roy vs Lambert, and a lot to do with Sorokin.

Reactions: Relapsing

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
But the things is the guys are not gonna lose on purpose just so we have a better draft pick, so sucks for us fans but players want to win

Only when the season is lost apparently.

When there was still a lot of rope left, they didn't seem to care much about winning.

How are the islanders in the hunt and were not

Because we were worse than them throughout the season.

They are bad...but we're even worse.

Why do people think we're good or as good as other teams?

We're not.

We have lots of work to do before we are good.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Exactly.

And also their record.

We're combined 27-30-4 good for 58 points.

They're combined 29-22-15 good for 73 points.

15 points difference between the top 2 goalies is huge.
Well, one leads to the other, take away the 30 some goals against our top two goalies allowed with that league worst sv% vs their .910, and how many of those one goal games we've had turn into wins or OTL if you remove a goal every other game? how many of the games where we just gave up after a deflating soft goal turn into competitive games with a save instead of a blunder?

you've also got a 5 game difference, so there's that as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad