GDT: Sens @ NYI: Last minute edition - March 16, 2024 TSN5

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I still think the wins for their mentality are more important than some guy who won't be ready to play for 2-3 years.
Those late season wins meant nothing over the last few years, and we have lots of players who we drafted in the first round (or even early 2nd round) who are good players for us now (Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto, Grieg & Stutzle) and didn’t take 2 or 3 years to make the lineup as regulars.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Those late season wins meant nothing over the last few years, and we have lots of players who we drafted in the first round (or even early 2nd round) who are good players for us now (Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto, Grieg & Stutzle) and didn’t take 2 or 3 years to make the lineup as regulars.
Yeah we heard that for how many years in a row now? And they are still bottom feeders.

Useless wins

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
But the things is the guys are not gonna lose on purpose just so we have a better draft pick, so sucks for us fans but players want to win

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I agree with the fact that this hasn't meant anything the past 4 years, but the boys are getting older now and the more and more they lose the more they're going to give up on the process. These wins mean more than the years prior but that's just my opinion.
The following players did not take 2 or 3 years to become productive regular roster players: Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto, Grieg & Stutzle.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Playoffs still alive?

tenor.gif

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I agree with the fact that this hasn't meant anything the past 4 years, but the boys are getting older now and the more and more they lose the more they're going to give up on the process. These wins mean more than the years prior but that's just my opinion.
Yeah they absolutely need to just focus on playing solid hockey and winning.

Reactions: Speatleysson

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Greig, Pinto, and Sandy took a couple years before they entered the lineup...
OK 2 years for Grieg and Sanderson. Pinto was drafted in 2019 and played some games in 2020-21.

But you said 2 - 3 years.

I guess I’m perplexed at the idea that if they didn’t win a few more games down the stretch that somehow it would stunt the success of the Senators. What would change things would be more wins in October, November and early December imho.

Reactions: JD1

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Score effects are a thing and they affect everyone. When else is a team suppose to “lose control” other than when the other team is down 1 and throwing the kitchen sink? It happens. Thats the time every team most commonly starts getting out shot and giving up zone time

I get the point you are trying to make. Strong character teams are able to not succumb to final pushes from the opposition the way the sens do.

How often do we see Ottawa making a push in the final minutes ? I am sure there is a stat somehwere that they are the worst at it too

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I get the point you are trying to make. Strong character teams are able to not succumb to final pushes from the opposition the way the sens do.

How often do we see Ottawa making a push in the final minutes ? I am sure there is a stat somehwere that they are the worst at it too
We're middle of the pack in GA/60 while leading against an EN, better than Bos, Dal, VGK, and Car

I feel like maybe we're just more aware of it when it happens to the sens?

Edit: We're also mid pack in GF/60 while trailing with the net empty, ahead of Fla, Col, Wpg, VGK and Car

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad