Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
He needs to realize he is that guy and make Paul and Brown go fetch him the puck while he takes it to the house like Giannis.

He needs to pass on Paul blade to himself then on Brown butt to finally shoot and score!!!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Expected lines? Any idea why Norris won 0 faceoffs last game? (Per yahoo fantasy)

Emerica

May 29, 2010
lol Stuetzle has looked fine. He's 19yo for christ sake. He's still one of the 10-15 youngest players in the league and he makes game breaking plays every game on offense. The goals haven't been there yet but it's not for a lack of opportunities. Like DJ said, if he wasn't scoring AND wasn't creating scoring chances then it would be more concerning. That's not the case.

It's not like he has the luxury of playing with puck possession players like himself, we've seen what he could do last year with Bath on his line. It hasn't clicked with Brown and Paul and that isn't surprising. Every time the puck is one either of Paul or Brown's stick in the offensive zone it goes nowhere.

The need for an offensive, puck possession type RW to complement him and Pinto is very apparent.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Zaitsev has statistically neutered every single player he has played with this year. He is the problem.
Not denying that he is a problem, our biggest problem, the most over-slotted player in the lineup besides Shaw, or anything else, but there are a lot of problems. I agree that if he continues to play like this, he absolutely shouldnt be in every night. But I think that could be said for most of our D.

EDIT: looks like we were both, at best, partially correct - seems he's been playing hurt.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They better be 100% ready tonight. None of them played well at all and that doesn't work at all.

Be ready.

They won't be 100% ready after playing last evening on the road. I expect a loss, a bad loss in the range of 4 or 5 GA to 1 GF.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
They won't be 100% ready after playing last evening on the road. I expect a loss, a bad loss in the range of 4 or 5 GA to 1 GF.

They didn't really 'play' though. And they're young and can suck it up and get out there.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
After the top pair the rest of the defence is okay at best & a tire fire at worse. They need 4 new defencemen, but that won't happen until after the TDL & hopefully over the summer they try fixing it again. It's a work in progress that is progressing at a snail's pace. I expect that J. Brown & Holden will both be moved by the TDL & probably replaced by prospects, so it could potentially get worse too.

I vote "tire fire"! :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lets hope Holden is nicked up and its not DJ pointing the finger at him on that pair. Would not put it past him though. That man loves him some Nikita Zaitsev.

Also surprised they pulled Gambrell.

Reactions: Emrasie

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I know it's a back-to-back and those are usually split starts, but has Gus been given the official start tonight?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i really hope holden is injured because scratching our 3rd best dman would be peak sens and would really be a repeat of us giving a stupid amount of rope to our bad but veteran dmen

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Bottom four defence should not be in NHL anymore. Period. It is an embarrassment for this NHL team. DJ Smith is always find the ways to lose. You have to maximize an impact of Shtutzle on your team's play. Because you can not get enough skilled players. They take the pressure off defence and a goalie, as Kane along did the previous game. And Chicago defence only rivals Sens. Super skilled players on your team prolong other players shelf life and reduce heir chances to get injured. Because without highly skilled players, the team has to play a high octane game all the time to get into the playoffs. And that's why you have to create a comfortable environment for your only star, like they do in Detroit for Raymond. You want to play PP any position - no problem. Put your star player with your best. Who cares what Tkachuk thinks, he is always on his arse half of the game anyway. You think Gus will give you the best chance to win, go with a hot hand. Do not overthink and protect your GM lack of NHL talent knowledge.. Murray will not be in NHL for very long, with his technical downside - his glove side. You can not fix it, no matter how many goalie coaches you can get for him. The whole league knows and they will feast on it. To pay for the worst glove in the league right now 6 million dollars a season - it is all you have to know about Dorion.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I hope Zaitsev implodes so we can see what DJ does. It needs to be an epic car wreck. A Biblical event. That's the only way DJ will bench him. If he keeps playing him then we know he is being told to.

Reactions: Yak

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

All the best to your young Team tonight. My 22 year old son has been a fan of your squad since the turn you had last Season.

Although I liked your Team before, he’s turning me into a fan as well. It certainly helps that we’re back in the normal Divisions.

Some memes for Good luck tonight:

2E0DA151-60E3-4154-B9DB-3E23A074BD3F.jpeg
AF11FADE-73ED-421E-A066-AB38B82F7AF5.jpeg
30CDF66D-09A4-4AB8-9E21-6C0AFDFF5F98.jpeg
46B0F04D-0AA6-47F7-B315-C04F74B5C2D3.jpeg
A114A164-E508-4ECB-8A28-C4101F1C4EA2.jpeg
F12C123B-53C3-4221-A5B0-2FDA2D666007.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad