OT: Sens Lounge XCIX: Thicc Whip Edition

Who would win in a race - my Honda Element or Zorf's minivan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What's a good pesto recipe. Still trying to work fish into a regular routine but kinda hit and miss with the various whitefish.

Best way I've done so far is egg wash and then a bit of cassava flour and a homemade shake n bake mix of spices for breading, then either fry or bake
Broiling is the easiest way to cook fish. It is my go to when cooking salmon or trout with the skin on. Leave the door cracked throughout the entire cooking process.(thats why oven doors can stay open 6 inches) Turn the broiler on high with the rack set on the 2nd to third from the top. Spread some olive oil on tin foil so it doesn`t stick. Oil the fish, season it and cook for between 7-10 minutes. Don`t worry about getting some colour on it, makes it taste better.

Reactions: coladin

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Finally watched the last episode of Adventure Time, what a great ending

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Link to what you've been reading?

:)

Well at it's root I would say I've mostly drawn on conflating various spiritual/intellectual/magical trains of thought with my own experiences and thus find it difficult to relate as such. I have though recently picked up on a current thread of well-based scientific research regarding the way the brain constructs reality that resonates with what I've hit upon myself (perhaps well summarised on a somewhat offputtingly designed page here - Neuroscientist Shares How Your Brain Hallucinates To Create Reality - hit upon by googling the issues at hand). The essence for the current train of thought perhaps being that the brain creates reality out of sensations it receives from the sensory organs, though in my own opinion conciousness is sensitive to many more generally imperceptible ripples than that. I have always had a fondness for the ripple theory of time, in that certain events cause so-called ripples that spread out like in a pond in all directions, i.e. both forward and backward (to all sides would I suppose mean taking into account dimensions beyond the third or fourth), drawing on the idea that time is something of an illusion created by our consciousness's manner of perception and by no means objective. Anyhow the idea I've been presently toying with is one taking into account interference of wave patterns as a basis for all interactions in reality, the rub being factoring in free will. If we accept multiverses, that could theoretically account for that, but at this moment I get into thin waters that I'm honestly only toying with as possibilities, one of which being a kind of journey of a spark along one such wave journey through infinite possibilities along a line which brings it to greater understanding, a kind of game for souls.

All that said, it by no means changes my perspective on the issue of what is now termed climate change. Growing up in the country I always kind of thought of conservation of resources as a natural thing, and I'd like to think I've never left this point of view, so personally I do everything within my power to reduce my consumption of resources and view this as no especially noble act beyond my responsibility to act responsibly, which I take as a basis of human existence, whatever it's core nature with relation to reality. I would have to lie to pretend that the behaviour of the majority does not bother me, but some kind of inner faith leads me on the line of doing what I personally perceive as right and leaving it to others to make their own choices for their own journeys. I do my best to lead my children along this path as well, but in the end that will be their own journey still, and there are many people in this world who yearn for some kind of war or reckoning as an opportunity to prove themselves, so all I can do is prepare them as best I can according to my own understanding.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but I had the feeling that you asked :)

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
:)

Well at it's root I would say I've mostly drawn on conflating various spiritual/intellectual/magical trains of thought with my own experiences and thus find it difficult to relate as such. I have though recently picked up on a current thread of well-based scientific research regarding the way the brain constructs reality that resonates with what I've hit upon myself (perhaps well summarised on a somewhat offputtingly designed page here - Neuroscientist Shares How Your Brain Hallucinates To Create Reality - hit upon by googling the issues at hand). The essence for the current train of thought perhaps being that the brain creates reality out of sensations it receives from the sensory organs, though in my own opinion conciousness is sensitive to many more generally imperceptible ripples than that. I have always had a fondness for the ripple theory of time, in that certain events cause so-called ripples that spread out like in a pond in all directions, i.e. both forward and backward (to all sides would I suppose mean taking into account dimensions beyond the third or fourth), drawing on the idea that time is something of an illusion created by our consciousness's manner of perception and by no means objective. Anyhow the idea I've been presently toying with is one taking into account interference of wave patterns as a basis for all interactions in reality, the rub being factoring in free will. If we accept multiverses, that could theoretically account for that, but at this moment I get into thin waters that I'm honestly only toying with as possibilities, one of which being a kind of journey of a spark along one such wave journey through infinite possibilities along a line which brings it to greater understanding, a kind of game for souls.

All that said, it by no means changes my perspective on the issue of what is now termed climate change. Growing up in the country I always kind of thought of conservation of resources as a natural thing, and I'd like to think I've never left this point of view, so personally I do everything within my power to reduce my consumption of resources and view this as no especially noble act beyond my responsibility to act responsibly, which I take as a basis of human existence, whatever it's core nature with relation to reality. I would have to lie to pretend that the behaviour of the majority does not bother me, but some kind of inner faith leads me on the line of doing what I personally perceive as right and leaving it to others to make their own choices for their own journeys. I do my best to lead my children along this path as well, but in the end that will be their own journey still, and there are many people in this world who yearn for some kind of war or reckoning as an opportunity to prove themselves, so all I can do is prepare them as best I can according to my own understanding.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but I had the feeling that you asked :)
I struggle a lot thinking about stuff like this. I don’t think the human brain is equipped very well to handle it. I find the simulation theory very intriguing though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I struggle a lot thinking about stuff like this. I don’t think the human brain is equipped very well to handle it. I find the simulation theory very intriguing though.

I think the brain as such is perfectly well-equipped, it's just our conditioning in modern society that makes it difficult.
The ideas around how your brain recognises your body and includes it in part of a self are particularly interesting from the perspective of our body actually being a colony of all kinds of different organisms working to keep us alive. If you look at something like kefir grains, they look like little spongy bits of cauliflower, or indeed some people refer to it as a mushroom, but technically it is just a symbiotic culture made up of bacteria and yeasts. What differs something like that from a "real" organism? I suppose it's the fact that we find the component pieces also alone in nature, but it is a well-known fact that we have more "foreign" cells in our body than native ones, and indeed without the bacteria in our gut for example we would be unable to digest things. The only thing that makes those ones "foreign" is that we are able to identify them as ones also found elsewhere in nature, and of course that they are not connected to our nervous system. But it is easily conceivable that the way multicell organisms emerged was by such "colonies" just becoming "permanent", and eventually developing a brian structure that controls the whole colony through electric signals.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Am I a terrible person for thinking its unusual to date a women who had three children with three different men?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I a terrible person for thinking its unusual to date a women who had three children with three different men?

Eh to me that would be kind of a red flag. It basically says three failed significant relationships. And if it is happening that much you have to wonder who is the problem.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Those weren't relationships, they were one night stands. And the fathers aren't in the picture at all.
H2Q5.gif

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone else get hammered in the Aphria short fiasco? Just me? f*** my life.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone else get hammered in the Aphria short fiasco? Just me? **** my life.

I hope people don't think that this is reflective of cannabis stock as a whole.

Apparently there's a chance that Aphria is possibly just a massive shell game that dabbles in cannabis? Those are the allegations, at least.

Sucks, dude. Hope things turn out ok.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I hope people don't think that this is reflective of cannabis stock as a whole.

Apparently there's a chance that Aphria is possibly just a massive shell game that dabbles in cannabis? Those are the allegations, at least.

Sucks, dude. Hope things turn out ok.

At this point I don't know what to believe. We all know how these shorts conduct business.

They imply that they're a shell corp that only dabbles in cannabis, however a verified domestic production capacity of like 250,000kg per year doesn't seem like "dabbling" to me.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
At this point I don't know what to believe. We all know how these shorts conduct business.

They imply that they're a shell corp that only dabbles in cannabis, however a verified domestic production capacity of like 250,000kg per year doesn't seem like "dabbling" to me.

Yeah. I totally get it. I think they are taking issues with some of the foreign assets?

Either way, there's a lot of parties shining a magnifying glass on them all of a sudden. I suppose we'll find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad