OT: Sens Lounge XCIX: Thicc Whip Edition

Who would win in a race - my Honda Element or Zorf's minivan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah. I totally get it. I think they are taking issues with some of the foreign assets?

Either way, there's a lot of parties shining a magnifying glass on them all of a sudden. I suppose we'll find out soon.

The report is actually quite inaccurate. A lot of people did their own DD and shared it with various investment communities and it really sheds light on how misleading their report actually is. But the FUD was too much. It was all cash I could afford to lose (and I'm still not selling it) I can make it back in a month or two, but I know people trading it off of margin accounts and line of credits. I read a story of a guy cashing in his GoC pension and buying all Aphria. I just keep thinking of all the shit I could have bought with the money I lost on paper haha. It's just all totally f***ed up because they seemed like the most solid play anyone can make in that sector. It's just totally unreal. The short seller will be on BNN at 1pm today if anyone wants to see what this greasy prick has to say.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The report is actually quite inaccurate. A lot of people did their own DD and shared it with various investment communities and it really sheds light on how misleading their report actually is. But the FUD was too much. It was all cash I could afford to lose (and I'm still not selling it) I can make it back in a month or two, but I know people trading it off of margin accounts and line of credits. I read a story of a guy cashing in his GoC pension and buying all Aphria. I just keep thinking of all the **** I could have bought with the money I lost on paper haha. It's just all totally ****ed up because they seemed like the most solid play anyone can make in that sector. It's just totally unreal. The short seller will be on BNN at 1pm today if anyone wants to see what this greasy prick has to say.

Very speculative domain, cannabis, but if you have the stomach for it, and it looks like you do, you hit one and you are laughing. Sucks when stocks get manipulated. Lived through Bre-X, JDS and Nortel, so I share your pain. Some fraud, some poorly managed.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Very speculative domain, cannabis, but if you have the stomach for it, and it looks like you do, you hit one and you are laughing. Sucks when stocks get manipulated. Lived through Bre-X, JDS and Nortel, so I share your pain. Some fraud, some poorly managed.

I've taken baths before. And I even took a bath on Maricann like 10 months ago. Still dealing with the emotions of losing money, and I don't think you get used to it. But like I said earlier, I'm 30 and didn't spend my mortgage money on it. It was all disposable. Still sucks, but I am not selling yet, there is a chance for it to rebound IMO.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I've taken baths before. And I even took a bath on Maricann like 10 months ago. Still dealing with the emotions of losing money, and I don't think you get used to it. But like I said earlier, I'm 30 and didn't spend my mortgage money on it. It was all disposable. Still sucks, but I am not selling yet, there is a chance for it to rebound IMO.

I got out of stocks in 1999, liquidated everything. I made some good cash, but didn't put in the right amount of time and energy, if I am being honest with myself, to do it better, or right. I was in my late twenties. Tired of being a pawn, being shorted, etc...losing money. I love the excitement around it, the buzz you get from it. Like you, it wasn't mortgage money, but I was able to turn my investment in real estate into 100x the value of the liquidated stocks. Sure, it took 10 years, but well worth it.

I was really thinking of getting back into it, but cold feet stopped me dead. My 17yr old son is making a killing in his business class lol, and he is learning that the stuff we are exposed to everyday, banks, popular stores/products, etc...can lay a good foundation to making money in stocks. Dividends too.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
All of my MBA finance professors used to say just buy cheap ETFs and hold them for 40 years until you retire.

In the long run and on average you’ll make better returns than you will picking stocks. And life will be a lot less stressful.

Works for me.

Reactions: coladin

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I never got into stocks because there seemed to be too many hoops to jump through: some minimum investment needed (and not a trivial amount either), a minimum number of transactions per year required, quite a bit of paperwork to get things going, transaction fees, etc.

I believe there's a company called Robinhood in the states that makes things much easier and more accessible, and now I believe Wealthsimple is offering something similar in Canada. Has anybody tried them?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Any money that might have in another life been disposable I invest in two bright young lads. It's a long shot, but the emotional dividends are decent. Already cashed out on a young lady I invested a fair chunk of money in, but in the long run I think I'll come out better than if I'd stuck with it on that one.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Anyone else get hammered in the Aphria short fiasco? Just me? **** my life.
OMG, what a bath I am taking with this one. I am just trying to figure out if I should buy a whole pile and sit on it for the next 60 days and maybe it will bounce back? What a disaster.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The report is actually quite inaccurate. A lot of people did their own DD and shared it with various investment communities and it really sheds light on how misleading their report actually is. But the FUD was too much. It was all cash I could afford to lose (and I'm still not selling it) I can make it back in a month or two, but I know people trading it off of margin accounts and line of credits. I read a story of a guy cashing in his GoC pension and buying all Aphria. I just keep thinking of all the **** I could have bought with the money I lost on paper haha. It's just all totally ****ed up because they seemed like the most solid play anyone can make in that sector. It's just totally unreal. The short seller will be on BNN at 1pm today if anyone wants to see what this greasy prick has to say.
There is a lot of info coming out the last few hours that this may have been all orchestrated by one of the potential investors. Now Neufeld is saying that a takeover or buyout may not be out of the question?? I am sitting tight for now, too much of a loss at this point.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
There is a lot of info coming out the last few hours that this may have been all orchestrated by one of the potential investors. Now Neufeld is saying that a takeover or buyout may not be out of the question?? I am sitting tight for now, too much of a loss at this point.
Yeah I’m in the same boat. I watched the BNN segment and the guy was just a scumbag. Couldn’t make eye contact, kept backtracking, wouldn’t say anything definitive. Totally spineless. Market sentiment changed immediately after it aired. Lang made him look pretty crappy. I think if Neufeld comes back with a scathing rebuttal we will see a nice rebound. Even if it’s bought out I don’t really care that much as I think we’d be looking at around 15$ per share.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Ended at 51%...holy ****. She's back.
Imagine picking up 20,000 shares yesterday at 5.00!! I did!!!! in my dreams, I did not have the balls to do it, first I was pissed at how much I lost since monday, now I am pissed at how money I could have raked in today. Anyway, will sleep better tonite.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Imagine picking up 20,000 shares yesterday at 5.00!! I did!!!! in my dreams, I did not have the balls to do it, first I was pissed at how much I lost since monday, now I am pissed at how money I could have raked in today. Anyway, will sleep better tonite.

Haha. Ya I missed the really good prices since Questrade takes like 24 hrs to process your deposit. I think the momentum carries over into tomorrow.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Haha. Ya I missed the really good prices since Questrade takes like 24 hrs to process your deposit. I think the momentum carries over into tomorrow.
They are saying that all this has really opened the americans eyes on this stock. It was one of the highest if not highest movers on the NYSE, this will really get things lit up tomorrow. The in depth interview on BNN this afternoon also was so detailed that the yankees are going to gobble this one up. We should see open of 8.50 in the early hours.

Reactions: branch

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Not sure this is the right place to be right now. Feeling distraught and can’t sleep. My father died yesterday morning. I feel lost and trying to distract my mind from everything.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Not sure this is the right place to be right now. Feeling distraught and can’t sleep. My father died yesterday morning. I feel lost and trying to distract my mind from everything.
Condolences, Ray. Do you have any siblings, somebody you can talk to? I'm sure they'll understand even if it's late at night.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Sorry to hear that man. Feel free to come around here if you feel like talking at all. We can offer condolences, and a shoulder to cry on.

I remember being in the car with my dad the day after my grandmother passed away and this song came on the radio and we just kinda listened in silence.

It always reminds me of her, but it is sad and it is sweet and it just sort of gives what I think is a good outlook in life.

Reactions: DrEasy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Sorry to hear that. Don't forget to take care of yourself...the last few months have been pretty difficult with the tornadoes and now losing your father.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I'm sorry for your loss friend :(

Just let the sadness in and let it wash over you, the sooner you deal with it the sooner you get better. I know it is easier said than done...

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad